šŸ† Cleaver ā€“ 5* Fire / Red from Plain Hunters

I got Cleaver on single pulls and after reading a bit and seeing some videos of his performance, Iā€™m not impressed at all.
I believe the only way he can somehow shine is in attack only, especially in bloody battle or even in rush, where his attack down is quite consistent.
Besides of that, heā€™s veeeery meh.
Iā€™m smelling a buff soon, just like they did to Cao Cao recently

1 Like

I pulled cleaver and leveled him.
Testing him out without emblems.
Hes very underwhelming, his 100% hit is weak, foends dont do that much damage (also takes too long to get maximum damage) and his attack down can be overwritten.
If the damage down was attached to fiends he would be worth it. Regretting giving him mats.
For all the powerful heroes that have been released in the last year, hes underpowered. Hoping SG sees this in the future and buff him

8 Likes

Better late than never!

7 Likes

Not very impressed so far at 3/70. Either attach the attack down to the fiends and/or increase the damage. He has potential but people are not going to pull for him in the current state.

I wonder how they release heroes like Khufu and Cleaver and canā€™t seem to find a reasonable middleground. One is a nuclear bomb, while the other hits like a wet noodle. Who makes these descisions?

2 Likes

You know its not the purpose of each and every hero to deal huge amounts of damage? He is a role player to support attacking teams against all those bombs you are talking about. Actually he is very useful, as there arenā€™t enough 6/7 Tile supporters that help reducing damage.

3 Likes

Nobody asked for huge amounts of damage, but 100% is really low. If not upping the damage than I think he needs to do more than just lowering attack to take on the supporter role.

Just for the record, this is Narcisa at fast, also recently released:

• Deals 240% damage to all enemies.
  • The duration of status ailments is reset for all enemies.
  • All enemies get -34% attack for 3 turns.
6 Likes
  • Deals 100% damage to all enemies.

• Summons a Bone Trap Fiend for all enemies. The Fiend damages the enemy with 45% attack each turn. The damage increases by 8% each turn, up to a maximum of 93%.

• The Bone Trap Fiend absorbs healing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 35% of its ownerā€™s max health.

• All enemies get -32% attack, and a further 5% increase every time they are hit during 4 turns.

So instead of dealing high direct damage like Narcisa, he has higher Attack down over time, absorbs Healing upto 35% and increasing damage over time.
On top he has higher base attack and therefore better tile damage.

Indeed Narcisa is very good, but honestly if you cannot find any use for cleaver in the current meta i feel sorry.

7 Likes

Youā€™re making a lot of assumptions. First you assumed we all wanted a huge damage buff and now that we donā€™t understand that the attack down is a usefull skill.

Both are not true, he just isnā€™t living up to the expectations. People that tested him on defence were not really impressed, including me.

Well that he will not be a def hero already was clear when he was first introduced into beta.

I did not say ā€œyou all wantedā€ i was just refering to those posts that focussed on his low damage.

You said that he should do more then just lowering attack to fit into a support role and thats why you compared him to Narcisa.

Honestly i think they are both support heroes but while Narcisa is an aggressive one Cleaver is more like a constricting snake.

Edith:

Constricting snakes are simply to slow on defense which is why you mostly donā€™t see DoT-Heroes anymore beside on those heroes that already have a huge direct damage. On Offense though he is better then for example Octros(who is better on defense) because he effects the board faster and by the time you would have those 9 tiles Cleavers effects already ticked for at least 1 round.

Havet fight him a few times in Raid and he was not in his best side as defensive hero. His fiends very healthy and if you have a healer, he shouldnā€™t cause any problems. He is probably a more support in offense kind of hero.

I donā€™t have him so I canā€™t test him in offense. But I imagine he should have been ā€œvery fastā€ but they could take away or reduce something else.

As always, test your hero and if it fit your style, just go on and spend more in him.

Happy gaming

1 Like

Yeah well, the problem with todays meta is that fights tend to be over pretty fast, Iā€™m afraid all the little things he does are simply not enough to make a real difference in time. Specials hit so hard nowadays that even with the attack down thereā€™s going to be some serious damage and all he has for an anwser is a measly 100%.

Simply hoping for a reasonable buff to give him rings, but right now Phenexa and Garnet go first.

3 Likes

Well that depends on your playstyle and needs. To me he offers the same amount of initial impact as Vela does and has potential to raise his impact over time.
Now we have fast attack down supporters in blue, red, purple and green and honestly we need more of them.

2 Likes

Vela is a HOTM unlike Cleaver. Cleaver is a really bad hero who has a lot of potential in being great. I have him and been testing him around and canā€™t find any use for him at all. Surprisingly Papyrus is a lot better than him in every aspect of the game

7 Likes

He feels very old hero of the month, Zimkitha, Neith, and Vela all do a lot and donā€™t do much well, outside of better tile damage, he feels the same way and is a premium hero.

3 Likes

Seeing this guy show up more and more in top 100

2 Likes

I donā€™t have him. But if I had him, I would use him against teams with annoying healers, as he summons fiends for all enemies at fast speed.

2 Likes

Heā€™s changed the dynamic of my mono red team for sure. Low power notwithstanding, heā€™s very useful

1 Like

Most complain about Khufu but Iā€™m seeing this guy much more in the top teams. Should I prioritize mine?

Also have Malin and hawthorn and wondering if the family bonus will be impactful

Iā€™m leveling mine. A fiend summoner at fast speed is always useful.

Actually Iā€™m leveling him, Adalinda and Hawthorn

1 Like

I think the main problem with everyoneā€™s comments about how ā€œmehā€ he is is because theyā€™re running him solo without any other Covenant Heroesā€¦ His Hunterā€™s Mark Passive will really start to come into main use when heā€™s paired with other Covenants that will refresh the mark & increase the damage each turn, up to 1500 damage over 3 turnsā€¦ But even right now just simply pairing him with another fiend hero like Elizabeth or Hannah really neuters the effectiveness of any healer the enemy team brings into the fightā€¦ Add that to the Atk down increase every time the enemy is hit (which btw is guaranteed to be at least -5% every time each fiend attacks) further neuters the enemy teamā€™s effectivenessā€¦ And the Passive 10% chance to reduce incoming damage to 1 WILL save many a Raid that should have been lostā€¦ I mean BKā€™s 50% chance is only for 3 turns & he has to fire his Special off b4 it startsā€¦ So, maybe wait til thereā€™s more of his family out there to pair & play with b4 bashing him with complaints of him being a ā€œmehā€ heroā€¦ Aside from Malin he was the first of his family to come outā€¦ Just give him time to introduce us to the rest of his family!

4 Likes