Classes: Bridging The Gap Between F2P & P2W

The main way i see this happening is that many of the “special” heroes (aka non tc 20) have been slotted in to classes where it either does not suit them (Guinevere) or players will need to make a hard choice on who to spend mats on (GM vs Kage or Misandra vs Panther vs Delilah or Guin vs Zeline vs Hel vs Victor vs Sartana etc). This has done 2 things:

1. Some heroes arent as broken anymore
  2. “Bridged” the gap for that initial leveling of the heroes. Everyone will be maxing only 1 hero from each class and this will take a looong time. So you will be playing on a much more level field then you are today as far as highest leveled heroes go. Where the P2W folks will still have an overwhelming advantage is with roster depth of talentless heroes.

All of the above will take a little time to manifest as heroes start getting leveled. The standard Alasie, Zeline, Guin, GM, Sartana defense that is so popular will fade away in favor of class diverse defenses (since those will be the highest leveled heroes).

And of course, the more gem or cash deals we have for the emblems, the more the gap will widen and eventually will reach the state it is at right now (though i dont think this will happen for another 1.5 years at the earliest).

In the more short term, i can see this helping f2p players with 4 stars as those will take less resources to max. And a maxed 4* with talent is at the same level as a talentless 5* hero.

10 Likes

To me the ones interested on winning wars would still keep the sacred Gravemaker - Guinevere - Zeline trio with a 4.80 Zeline as she will just have to weaken purple attackers, and I think it would be unlikely to face many classed purple heroes.

I don’t think that “Some heroes arent as broken anymore” is correct: certainly there are some heroes that fit their class more than others but the effects of special skills are still as strong as ever.

1 Like

As broken anymore meaning they arent as impactful as they could have been. Think of Guin as a Paladin.

and no one will use a talentless low stat Zeline in a war defense (at least in the top). The GM, Guin, Zeline center at least for the top is over once heroes start gaining enough levels. I know i will replace Zeline with Alby.

1 Like

Her class surely doesn’t give her class’ features benefits that suit her the most but this were expected: she is already the best tank and ther’s no interest on drawing another line between her and the others.

About Zeline: while she could suffer from her stats I’m sure she is still the hero that would ensure the best protection to every tank.
If you were to replace her what would be your next flanking hero in that case, Alaise?

1 Like

Don’t mock alasie

I plan on running a 5 alasie team one day when i have 24 extra scopes layin around

I’m not mocking her, mana control is a great asset and she is a great sniper (that even takes benefits from her class).

1 Like

the one i am testing at the moment is Alberich, Panther, Guin, GM, Alasie. But tbh since Alberich is a druid and if i focus on his health and defense stats, he can potentially flank too.

At least in Beta, a 5* classed hero going against a talentless one was like a 5* going against a 4*. The potential to help is certainly there, but a probability of the hero helping much was low.

Lol she’s a beast

The little blue love child of lj and lianna

Also, with Guin and her class being such a mismatch, i would not be surprised with many people switching to GM or Ares as their tank of choice so they can max another Wizard (like Zeline). There is already talk of this in the forums.

I personally do not agree with that thought process (though Ares at tank again does make me happy since im a huge Ares fanboy) but it will happen.

4 Likes

Yes, Ares could be a backbone for very nasty teams but IMHO Guinevere is still the queen.
A queen that doesn’t forgive every bad board.

1 Like

The paladin 25% defense buff isn’t that great considering the buff applies after he takes damage, only lasts 2 turns which is what 1 round for your opponent? And rangers can just ignore his defense buff 1/3 the time. It’s odd but rogues (and monks) are a better tank ability then paladins. I rather players throw lower damage mana making tiles at my tank then specials.

So is ares really getting much of a bump from his talent or like most hero’s its really just a def/hitpoint stat increase.

Indeed … She wil be the 3+20 little Khonia of the new players and the unlucly players like me!
Great choice indeed @FraVit93

1 Like

I would assume they mean the subsequent 2 turns on that +def proc. It means that boards where you can only throw a couple of tiles into the tank can suddenly become harder to win. An early 25% def boost is a huge damage reduction against a color stack.

2 Likes

Kiril gives +30, and that 30 def saved my @ss more then once.

Is it we are supposedly talking higher tier and who are the most used blue hero’s? Alasie/Athena-rangers
Rangers ignore def buffs 1/3 the time. It’s really not a strong def ability considering all things.

You also have Misandra and magni as fighters that are used but I don’t see a lot of people using thier emblems to buff magni. And personally from testing the fighter class is best on Delilah maybe Misandra. Simply because the majority of the time heros are fully charged when they get killed and revive and heal up or in Misandra case hopefully fires a mana buff to get a healer to heal her up from her 1 hitpoint.

I hear what you’re saying, but:

• We’re at least a year away from teams with two or three maxed rangers
  • A 25% reduction on non-ranger blue tiles, plus an 18.75% average reduction on the ranger tiles, is still huge when color stacking. I think we’ll see this really upping the viability of Ares, Justice and Richard a lot.

I can’t vouch for what this will do at the very top. But the talent isn’t awful IMO.

3 Likes

better wait mats to do full asc 4-70 then do class/talent

imo better do 3-60 as much as you can while waiting mats , bunch of 3-60 will help alot in AW as clean/suicide/tankbust squad , you can just continue to 4-70 after got needed mats.

max *3 + talent bit waste for emblem , its not easy to collect emblem , *4 at least , full talent *4 would got similar stats as full asc *5 without talent.