People have been clamoring for a change-up in the meta to dethrone Guinevere. Welcome to Classes. Goodbye, Guinevere. Hello, Gravemaker.
I base my prediction on two observations:
- Guinevere is not greatly benefited by her Wizard classing, with its skill that may increase damage depending on the buffs on the foes. Sure, her tile/slash attack may benefit, but that’s far weaker than other Wizards whose specials do direct damage (e.g. Sartana).
- There are many other Wizards that are better served with available Wizard Emblems.
- Top defenses are crowded with Wizards.
On point 3, @Razor’s data shows the following as the top defenders in use (based on top 100 teams):
So in these top 17 defensive heroes, we have:
- 5 Wizards
- 4 Fighters
- 2 each of Monk, Ranger and Rogue
- 1 each of Barbarian and Cleric
It seems stunningly clear that those with Gravemaker will use their Barbarian emblems on him – Grimm is the only other good candidate for them, IMO, and GM is very useful on both offense and defense. So look to see Gravemaker consolidate his growing dominance on defensive teams.
Emblems are going to force some hard thinking on individuals and alliances: Do you focus on defensive teams to win wars and hold cups? or on titan specialists? The titan option may become particularly interesting when SGG re-releases 13* and 14* titans.
If you’re using Emblems to build your defenses, then my thinking is that the best strategy is to have five good heroes from five different classes, so that each can move up independently. So we’ll see teams like:
Misandra / Mother North / Gravemaker / Hel / Drake Fong
Alasie / Gravemaker / Delilah / Zeline / Victor
But I think in a month or so, Guinevere tanks will be a fading memory.