Classes and the defense meta

Not sure this is the right place to ask or whether this aspect has already been raised.
Consider the case of a single color attack team composed of 5 different classes heroes. Which ability will be triggered after the tile hit the target?

I just wrote about this elsewhere, but ā€¦

Each tile is assigned to a specific hero. You can see this if you assign different troop types to each stacked hero. The associated hero determines which talent (if any) has a chance to trigger when the tile hits.

For example, you stack Barbarian GM, Sorcerer Natalya and Rogue Marjana. A red match-3 happens to assign one tile each to these three. GMā€™s tile may Wound, Natalyaā€™s tile may Delay, but Marjanaā€™s tile canā€™t trigger any effect (rogueā€™s dodge only applies to incoming damage). If you leave Marjana out, running only two red heroes, then the odds of triggering a class ability go up from ā…“ to Ā½.

This design appears to be a subtle nerf to color-stacking.

9 Likes

I asked this on another thread, sorry to anyone reading both, this thread seems more appropriate:

Question on Evade skill.
If Inari has her special active, does her intrinsic ability happen before or after her special?
ie, is there a risk that her innate class ability denies her a minion or does her special register first?
Ideally it would be that if dodge fails then her evade ability is checked.

Did anyone have experience with this in beta?

1 Like

Have not seen that specific interaction, but Inari with Drake or any other blinds works just fine - when a hero fires, they can both miss and proc an Inari dodge at the same time, I would imagine it works the same in this case.

2 Likes

Possibility of having all 3 specials active?

I%20defeated%20the%2020%20characters

2 Likes

As I understand it, yes. If instead of Marjana, say, we had Ranger Khagan, then itā€™s possible that one tile wounds, one tile triggers Delay, and a third pierces.

1 Like

Thank you
Thank you
(20)

1 Like

Interestingā€¦

For druids on defense thenā€¦ does that mean the max talent skill:

A) gives a 15% chance each time damage is received to generate a separate minion at the end of the turn (potential multiple minions)
B) gives a 15% chance (roll) to generate just 1 minion at the end of the turn (multiple rolls for one minions)
C) regardless of how many times the druid is hit, at the end of the turn there is a 15% chance to generate 1 minion

?

Just looking at the Wizard class and the special it feels like it is made for AoE hitters to shine.
Sartana is certainly helped by the class special but the name that jumps out at me is Isarnia. She may be slow but does solid damage (235% off a 797 attack stat) and it is AoE so the Jinx 5x which could make the total damage dealt very high indeed.
Zeline hits more often and that may tip the balance for those that have both.
But looking at the class in isolation it appears to me that this has made Isarnia much more dangerous. The class doesnā€™t offer enough mana bonus to make her faster but with proper mana troopsā€¦

That said, in my team she in line behind Richard (4-63) and Athena (2-45) for now. By the time those two are maxed weā€™ll know what is happening with Aegirā€¦ so thatā€™ll be sometime in 2026 by my estimation, 2025 if I get fired and can dedicate time to the gameā€¦

I agree, and Isarnia is likely to be a big winner from her classing. Put some more defense and HP on her, buff that attack, and she will be a force.

Zelineā€™s attack will also see a nice boost, but she then goes and spoils the party by stripping all the buffs that help her Jinx. At least she hits then debuffs.

3 Likes

I played a bit with the talent grid and pretend to have all the heroes, just to see what happens with my personal choices.
I divided the results for first, second and third choices for every class, and see what can i build with defence team and titan teams. This is what happened:

FIRST CHOICES

Barbarian Paladin Druid Cleric Fighter Wizard Monk Ranger Sorcerer Rogue
Gravemaker Ares Alberich Vivica Panther Zeline Tarlak Athena Quintus Jackal

DEFENCE TEAM

Wing Flank Central Flank Wing
Alberich Athena Gravemaker Zeline Panther

TITAN TEAMS

Red Blue Green Purple Yellow
Athena Zeline Gravemaker Jackal Panther
Tarlak Tarlak Ares Vivica Tarlak
Tarlak Athena

TOTAL COLORS

Red Green Blue Yellow Purple
2 3 1 2 2

SECOND CHOICES

Kageburado Arthur Lepus Hansel Delilah Hel Wilbur Evelyn Mitsuko Khiona

DEFENCE TEAM (FIRST CHOICE+SECOND)

Kageburado Evelyn Gravemaker Delilah Zeline

TITAN TEAMS (FIRST CHOICE+SECOND)

Athena Zeline Gravemaker Jackal Panther
Arthur Tarlak Ares Vivica Kageburado
Tarlak Evelyn Wilbur Athena Khiona
(Lepus?) Tarlak Tarlak

TOTAL COLORS

4 5 3 3 5

THIRD CHOICES

Azlar Falcon Zimkitha Mother (Ariel) Magni Sartana Drake Alasie Locke Inari

DEFENCE TEAM (FIRST+SECOND+THIRD)

Drake Alasie Gravemaker Zeline Kageburado

TITAN TEAMS (FIRST+SECOND+THIRD)

Athena Zeline Gravemaker Athena Panther
Arthur Evelyn Ares Jackal Kageburado
Alasie Tarlak Falcon Inari Kiona
Magni (Locke?) Wilbur Drake Tarlak
Tarlak Tarlak

TOTAL COLORS

7 7 (6) 5 5 (6) 6

Yes, after 3 waves i do not even touched heroes like Guinevre, Aeron, Joon, Lianna or Victor.

18 Likes

Excellent thinking here, @Elpis. I hadnā€™t formalized it in my mind quite as clearly as you have have laid it out, but it does underscore my original thesis: Guinevereā€™s star is setting. Albeit far more slowly than I had imagined, with the abysmal drip rate of emblems so far.

1 Like

Why wouldnt you use athena on blue or yellow titans? Itā€™s same as using her on purple

1 Like

I tried to pick it in a way to balance defence, titans and colors, as much as i can for every ā€œwaveā€.

There are some heroes that may seems not really good like Quintus, Lepus or Azlar, because i think they can do pretty good in the monthly event.

1 Like

I usually prefer to use the defence debuffer of the strong color, but yes, with an upgraded Athena you can pick her if you want.

Donā€™t really know how much can change on damage.
But you survive more for sure.

1 Like

Not entirely true.

1. The Barbarian class does not add a lot to GM besides the stats (same can be argued for Guin)
  2. GM actually has really good competition with Kage. I have this problem right now and i change my mind every hour. GM vs Kage isnt an easy choice.
4 Likes

Yep, the Barbarian decision got a lot harder when they swapped Kestrel and Kageburado.

1 Like

As one of the few players that can really do this, iā€™m really interested to see something similar with your choices.

It may even help you clear your mind :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We have several members struggling with the same question. That switch by SG was really good in my opinion.

1 Like