Class trials -- Reset Emblem shown but not second 10x emblems

Does it really matter… I commend SG for ensuring the Reset Token was shown as a 100% surety instead of RnG dependent !

Let’s give credit, wherever it is due !

3 Likes

Guess not :confused::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It is too much QOL improvement at one time, need to space out the upgrades cause there is so little left to improve.

2 Likes

My point is: this is a historical quest now. Set in stone more or less from 2019. They wouldn’t bother to expend effort on presentation unless said effort brings in fresh revenue.

I know they can do it but will they ? Answer is unlikely because it does not benefit their game economy in anyway.

They actually lose some revenue cos some players specifically buy the us$99 packs for the reset emblems.

And yet they did change it by replacing the emblems with a reset token graphic. Obviously in response to people complaining about lack of reset buttons. They obviously responded to that, they can certainly respond to changing it to show 3 graphics.

1 Like

Coding

Possibly not a bug

If I Recall Correctly, this has to do with how loot is assigned to missions/ quests

Permanent Loot

Since this happened for the Reset Token in Piety, but not for the Epic Troop Token in Recruits II, it will be interesting to see if this is a

PERMANENT loot addition to the Trial of Piety class quest instead of a server wide loot roll

Skipping

Piety is one of two very hard Class quests to complete due to Cleric/ Monk Boss Healer ( see notes )

SGG may be trying to increase attempts at stage 3

Data

Unfortunately we will need a lot more data to discover if this is

guaranteed 100% for Piety
guaranteed 100% for multiple Class quests
one time occurrence
display bug
new feature coming soon

Notes

Click for notes

Piety and Fortitude

FIN

Yet they went out of their way to change one of the reward icons. Again, it wouldn’t be hard. Maybe they forgot to change the number of icons to accommodate the number of rewards? Or maybe they just don’t give a poop. It being a “historical quest”, as you call it, has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Changing just one icon is to let players know that reset emblem token is guaranteed. This buys them some good press for awhile when generally bad press is raining down on them.

If they really cared about the player base, they would go the extra mile to reflect 3 icons. Which is not difficult cos there’s space on that “bar”.

But they didn’t. And that reflects their thinking :

1. Historical quest. No need to do extra work. Just show what’s new n updated. Players should be grateful that they get a guaranteed reset emblem token from this quest.

I don’t know what type of response they were expecting from players. Maybe it’s just a simple “thank you” or maybe some :tada::tada::tada: or maybe deeper gratitude akin to :bowing_woman:t2:

1. Doing the extra work doesn’t bring in direct fresh revenue. Why bother ?

At this point in the life of this game, any QoL is better than none. Hence my response: as long as players know, all is good. No need to do extra work.

For a change, I guess SG showed reset emblem is still given as part of the loot, so some random forum players who claimed it wasn’t so, would know…now the issue is, 3 icons were not shown? How difficult it is to please humans!

1 Like

It’s not a “historical” but a legacy quest since it’s been in place for years. Even so, it clearly wasn’t worth preserving in the state it was in because they changed it due to people complaining about the lack of reset tokens. This didn’t affect their revenue as there are no purchases from the quest, but it could potentially have a negative impact on future sales by people quitting or spending less as a result of it.
They obviously cared enough to change the code logic to display the reset token instead of one of the emblem types. In the same place where they changed this code, it would have literally taken another line or two of code to display more than 2 rewards.
This is a simple failure of their development process. Business requirements > design/UX > QA. Nothing more, nothing less. They probably didn’t care at that point because they figured the ones complaining about the change in icons and “lack of emblems” would soon find out they still get the emblems.

I glad the other emblems popped up but wouldn’t have it been just easier to pop in the Reset Token when you collect your rewards as a nice bonus.

In coding it us much easier to replace one icon with another one of same format. Maybe they assumed that the players know that there are always two set of emblens in every stage.
I will credit them, that they reacted to the complains, a move into the right direction. The reacrions here are a little to harsh to my liking, if they react fast there may be minor errors, if we, the players, make always a big drama they will no longer change anything. What shall they fo? If they change there are complains , if they dont change anything there will be complains too. Be fair folks, they moved in the right direction, thank you @Petri for this improvement.

If they would walk on water, some of you would complain, that they can not swim. :slight_smile:

Happy gaming

1 Like

Current Trials of Justice class quest (paladin and monk) shows a reset token and 10 paladin emblems as rewards on the final stage, but no monk emblems.

Visual bug only. When we’ve had reset tokens before it showed emblems and not reset. Not all loot is shown.

1 Like

It has been answered 2 weeks back. Going forward, the reset token will be shown in the last level but we get both the emblems when we complete the last stage along with the reset token.

2 Likes

You get the usual emblems and a reset token. Nothing missing

1 Like

We have a winner

20 quoted characters

2 Likes

It is already visible in V43 :slight_smile:

Global Beta v0.1

My Recuits II is not showing the Epic Troop Token

Hopefully that means, the Reset emblem was a trial, like Global Beta v0.1 of Raid formations

It would be nice to see the Reset emblem AND both Class emblem types

Like Raid Formation v1.0 cleaned up Global Beta v0.1 's GUI in Academy

FIN

Sorry, I meant to say that the Reset emblem is shown in the game now if it is available.