Clash of Knights: my entire Alliance HATES this quest

Most of the past iterations of this event so far, I’ve just shaken my head at what a stupid idea it was to make an event that prevented me from getting rewards just because most of my alliance doesn’t have enough 3*s leveled up to make a successful team for rare level, and so there was zero hope of any of us ever getting the number of points needed to get into legendary category.

This time, though, the event was tied not just to its own rewards, but to Valor Path points. THAT got my attention. I don’t exert know what the final Valor path opportunity is, since I’ll never see it. My alliance CANNOT get me into legendary in Clash of Knights, no matter how many pep talks we have or how much advice we pass around to each other. We just do not have the resources, period.

(For that matter, I have been playing for 3 years now, I’m at level 79, I should certainly be able to get through this event if anyone should, and yet I had to give up and spend gems multiple times, after trying munroe different teams and blowing through umpteen world energy flags, just to get through the final level of Epic this time. It was TOO hard!! I shouldn’t have spent this resources, either – not worth it at all – but I was encouraging my alliance mates so much to try to get us into legendary that I felt like I’d better do my own damnedest, as the last I could do.)

It is NOT FAIR to give us an event that gives resources and rewards only to people in higher level alliances that are full of long-term players with all levels of heroes already leveled and ready for all these events, and keeps those rewards from those of us who are in smaller or less competitive alliances or more newly formed ones or ones where, for whatever reason, there are not enough players with those resources yet.

It takes many months in the game to get to the point where you could even hope to be able to get all the way through rare and epic challenge categories, since you’re first focused on leveling heroes for your main map progress team, and then on leveling enough 4s along with whatever 5s you have to have 6 decent war teams. Only after that would most players even start to think about leveling 3*s for challenge events.

2 Likes

It’s known to be an alliance killer but the harsh reality is if you want the better rewards you need to find an alliance that aligns to that.

Staying in an alliance that won’t get you to legendary and then getting annoyed by that…well you might as well take up hammering nails with your head.

I think at its heart SGG thought we’d all love the camaraderie that the event would bring but that’s not really the end result for a lot of people.

Choice is either accept your place or find a better one. Sorry it’s that way, but it is.

2 Likes

I totally get your point and a lot of players did say it was harder than it should be.

We don’t want a game to be too easy and also not impossible. Perhaps in the next one they will have made some changes to the difficulty to make it more friendly and also perhaps your roster will have improved.

It’s great you must still like some things about your alliance to be with them even through the frustration. Perhaps next COK leave your current alliance temporarily and join one that’s set up for COK and enjoys it and you can share strategies.

Put up a post in the alliance recruitment section saying you want to participate in it and the offers from other alliances will flood in, I’m sure of it.

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

I usually agree with your comments @Cheds but this time around, I completely disagree!

This is supposed to be a ‘game’ people just join in and enjoy whatever !

1 Like

I disagree with Cheds sometimes but I did learn this early on…

You have to choose between playing with certain people or at a certain level. Maybe it works for awhile for both, but at some point those two will be disconnected so… What do you want to do when that occurs? Play in a higher alliance capable of the content, or play with the people you know.

So I actually agree here, it’s a harsh truth that happens BUT you get to decide how best to have fun.

1 Like

Well…maybe that came out harsher than I intended.

I’m not in anyway saying it’s right but if you want more rewards from CoK then the reality, rightly or wrongly, is you need to be in an Alliance that gives you that opportunity.

So the choice really is accept the current position one is in or move to get what you want I guess.

2 Likes

There is only 1 good news for you.
Now as the Tower of Styx is here this event will be only held 3 times a year.

1 Like

The developer chat mentioned “monster island” for later this year(?), another alliance cooperative event.

Really these events are aimed for the more competitive alliances.

I don’t like the lock-out progression aspect of CoK, but it’s there.

This Quest now became a competition between big alliances, they are merging to have a highest point in order to claim back valuable items after event ended. For small alliance and lone wolf, you will have to merge with other if wanted to complete all stages. Just try to ignore this event if it bring you stress, otherwise finding a bigger clan is recommended.

Ched already told the truth: there comes a time in this play where most players outgrow their alliances. Then they have to decide if they want to advance further or play with their mates. If they want to advance, they have to look for a stronger alliance. If they will not do this, there are limits they can achieve in this game. CoK is absolutely irrelevant for this decission, the loot is crap and you need tons of items. Spent the items in a challenge event, you will get much better loot. Crucial for further advance are the titans your alliance is able to kill. Top alliances chain 14* titans. I am now nearly one year in 7DU and got an average of 4-5 4* ascension mats every month from titans. In my old alliance, killing 8-9* beasts with an occasional 10* titan, I got less then 10 mats from titans in a whole year. The difference is 6-7 additional 5* heroes to ascend every year. So away from Mythic titan and CoK the level of your alliance is responsible for an important aspect of your loot and therefore for your level or „ rank“ in the game. You have to decide what is important for you.

We advice all newer players to first build a few solid teams of 3* heroes. These 3* teams will enable them to complete the rare tiers of the monthly challenge events, and with a few battle items, to complete the weekly rare quests, to win unfarmable 3* and 4* ascendion mats. With this mats they should build a few solid 4* teams and collect every 4* matscthey can get. After this its is time to ascend the first 5* heroes.

Happy gaming

1 Like

I disagree, with this. One can be in a mediocre alliance and still advance in this game.

The loot from 14* titans is better than an 8* Titan, but not seriously substantially better and you already pointed out that loot in COK is not that great in relation to what one might need to use and the same applies with an MT.

1 Like

Loot of 14* titans is substantly better!
Top alliances win more wars and open more war chests and more important, war on the top100 level is much more challenging, sometimes frustrating, but you learn a lot , your skills will improve.

Happy gaming

Loot for 14* titans is very good but also so is the loot for 8*-10* titans. I’ve seen the loot firsthand from chaining 14* titans, killing them daily inside the first 12 hours etc and of course seen the wars too.

The things is the OP didn’t mention wars or titans so we are straying off topic.

You seem like a great guy and always trying to help but you also like to go back and forth a lot with the posts, I’ll leave it here and wish you well.

Happy gaming.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.