Clarissa – 5* Dark/ Purple - May 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

And a good metal band name!

1 Like

70 pulls:
0 Clarissa :disappointed:
2 Tyr
1 Freya
1 Sartana
My GM will be left without his little sister

1 Like

I am nearly sure SG has an individual control on users’ probabilities of drawing HotM because after having complained about something I don’t even remember what I was never able to pull another HotM; last one was Khiona. And even thou I made lots of pulls trying to get some like Vela and Clarissa to no avail while I see some players with an entire team of Velas (are they the ones getting all my chances). Thus is something that frustrates me most about the game.

I dont believe in such things. I have never been silent about my criticisms and always voiced my opinion, still i have pulled a few HOTMs ( Khiona, Ranvir, Seshat, Grazul, Vela x2, Telluria, Malosi and Clarissa x2. Im c2p so i dont really spend much dont pull too much and never chased a hero if i didnt get it with what i had.

Only special. I’ll go clarissa. Sartana is really good. But Clarissa outshines her.

2 Likes

If that is true, @Rook should have already got her first HotM long before today as she is long time moderator.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m the second Mod (“and long time listener!” :grin:). I can attest to the lack of favoritism, which is exactly where it should be. :wink:

2 Likes

They should buff Clarissa just for you. Return the DOT back to what GM has. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve read somewhere in this forum with regards to the non-randomness of the tile distribution is attributed to the phone or tablet being used. Maybe getting the HOTM is dependent on the mobile unit or gadget one is using. The more expensive the gadget is, the higher chance of getting the desired heroes. LOL Of course, of you have an expensive gadget, it presupposes that you have more than extra budget to spend in this game. That may be the reason why we are seeing multiple Grimbles, Tellurias, Neiths and Clarissas in one account. They summon everytime the special event heroes, seasonal heroes, atlantis heroes, valhalla heroes and costume chamber when they are available at the summoning gates. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

May I direct you to this thread.

5 Likes

Is that with an all attack path?

The reason I’m wondering is that, for all the comparisons of Clarissa and GM (similar stats, similar DoT), there is one incredibly important way in which they are vastly different: their element.

Purple is replete with high quality fast snipers and damage dealers - Sartana, Domitia (especially now with her costume), Seshat, Jabberwock, and possibly Victor. Red is…not. So I can easily see most people preferring to go all attack on GM, needed to bolster the damage output of their red stacks, but perhaps weighing things differently with Clarissa.

That said, it sure looks like she’s the only purple you brought, so maybe you are relying on her for damage. :slight_smile: Asking for myself, since I need GM’s damage output pretty badly (lacking Marjana, Elena, Azlar, Natalya, Tyr, etc.). But I’m flush with purples, having two Seshat, two Domitia, and Victor, so I may not need Clarissa for a ton of damage. How do you think you’re going to use her?

2 Likes

If you had Seshat, Jabbs or Kage I would definitely prioritise those I think.

Yep!

I actually bring Clarissa into most of my raids and she is getting a lot of action. Not as much damage as Gravey but I like that she gives Rigard and Sabina a bit of extra protection in purple stacks.

And the extra protection comes quite quickly, usually able to activate it before someone charges for a snipe.

That said she’s just like any other hero, if she doesnt get the tiles she can go down in two snipes even with the Pally skill activating - not unlike Gravey.

But the shield does make a difference with say a Drake Fong attack.

I actually rate Victor because of his fast defence up and I would definitely go Seshat ahead of Clarissa if I were you… Spare Seshat would be a different thing I guess

Summary: Good all-round utility but probably shines more in purple stacks

2 Likes

LOL, BARELY better stats. They are negligible. So a new HOTM TWO years after the initial release of Gravemaker shouldn’t be more powerful than him? Pffftt. She is weaker than Grave by a big margin. She is 80-85% of a Gravemaker that can survive a bit longer. And the poison resistance is almost useless too. I’d trade you my Clarissa for your Gravemaker any day of the week!

To be fair, when stacked with other purples, she give more than GM give to reds. In mono it will be a bit longer ×5.

1 Like

Where did you get this statistical data? Can you post a link? Thank you.

Pretty sure Clarissa can survive better overall than Gravemaker. Otherwise, it would mean that what you read on her card would be entirely false, in comparison with GM. I hope there is an app sinulationbwhere you battle both with maxed emblems and see which survives longer.

2 Likes

Let me clarify, she is OFFENSIVELY 80-85% of a Gravemaker, but is DEFENSIVELY a little better. I’d take Gravemaker every day of the week.

Ehhhh you’re ignoring that because she’s dark, her holy bonus works equally well, whereas red->green is only 1/3 of a triad

On top of the slightly padded stats, on top of the resist that is totally relevant on yurple defenses, in top of the 10% crit element link

I’m not saying she’s omgbettathan, but the idea that she’s trivial because she’s not exactly the same as GM is basic.

2 Likes

We have to compare 3 aspects to be fair:

• Damage
  • Survivability
  • Support

GM win in term of Damage.
Clarissa slightly win in term of Survivability.
Clarissa slightly win in term of Support.

5 Likes

I’m up to about 100 pulls and no Clarissa…but did get a quintus :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you! Please accept this in lieu of a like (somehow out even though I just woke up???).

I’m not super close to finishing Domitia and Costume (which has queue priority), but Clarissa should come along in a month or two. I’ll probably use her at max for a bit and see how it goes, but want to have already studied up on emblems.

I do have two maxed Seshat (one with many emblems), will have Dom + Cos, and have Victor maxed. So I’m solid on purple damage. That is, I won’t feel like I must get more damage from her the way I do with GM. And, aside, I think Victor is vastly underrated. No Jabber or Kage (nor likely path to them).

She got put in a bizarre and (I think) impoverished attack class - it just isn’t clear to me what the implications of that are. Anyway, thanks for your help!

2 Likes