Clarification on behalf of beta testers, to the anti-nerf crowd

Lol

@Mr_Style_Points was leaving out the s a typo?

2 Likes

I would say that most HotM were designed to support stark, otherwise, how else can one explain elemental links, elemental buffs, surely not for Titans attacks alone, I would also say it gives players with lean roaster ability to make relevant impacts on attacks, at the risk of the board anyway, the board RNG in itself is enough mitigation.

Just SGG fieldhands whipping anyone that gets out of line.

I tried to start a conspiracy thread to include any and all conspiracies

It went south quick and the theorists felt offended and attacked. Apparently posting conspiracy theories is ok as long as they derail a thread or cause bickering, But theyā€™re not something that they actually believe or want to talk about and definitely not something someone outside of their circle of thinking should bring up.

Theyā€™re just fire starters really.

Did inspire at least 1 new conspiracy theory though lol

Apparently according to a ā€œsourceā€:
ā€œIā€™m the son of SmallGiantā€(1000% false btw but entertaining thought none the less)

Best thing players can do is just ignore them, let their fires go unfueled, and eventually theyā€™ll either fade into silence or theyā€™ll develop a following that narrows down the recruiting poolā€¦natural selection at itā€™s finest basically

2 Likes

Starcraft vanilla is a classic example of great balance between three races

4 Likes

I still think lots of beta testers just want to protect their old kings. Just look what happened to Neith and JF

Neith imo is decent in defense in the right synergies. Not sure what she would be nerfed to protect anyways. Justice that is already a rare sight in defense and seldomly talked about in offense? I donā€™t have neith so i canā€™t try her out in offense or speak on her behalf there, though i would expect her to be decent.(might add one of the most vocal players saying neith needed to be nerfed was also a long time f2p, so not sure who he would be protectingā€¦???)

And believe it or not, the most vocal players for the nerf to jf didnā€™t have gmā€¦

Another thing is how did the jf nerf protect gm? And how would unnerfed jf effect gm?

Think the OP got it right with the dynamite analogy. And i think weā€™ll see disappointed players every single month that dynamite isnā€™t released and theyā€™ll hit the forum with their pitch forks shouting and attention seeking which will be the same song and dance weā€™ve already heard multiple times and the ears will only increase that are deaf to the screams & shouts of unfairness and unfound theories

3 Likes

Ok can i ask you if you think that the game is balanced now ā€¦ i dont think so ā€¦ tow or three super killer heroes or super tank , that we cant get just because we dont have good luck in pulls or we dont spend , and you have to wait for them 6 months so they can come back and try your bad luck again ā€¦ the game now depends on 4 super heroes , kage , gravemaker, Finley, seshat and Guinevereā€¦ the rest are normal ā€¦ make a good new heroes so we can have a chance ā€¦for 8 months now only 2 new good heroes (seshat and Kingston) the rest dont care if i get them or not a game changer ā€¦ i think the game is not balanced i have 25 maxed heroes worth nothing and not fun to play with .we need new good , strong and mind blowing heroes , we want to competeā€¦ we waited for JF from beta and when he released dont know if i will max him ā€¦ same thing for others ā€¦

2 Likes

Re variety how was it different to seeing all the guin, gm combos previously ?

Wouldnā€™t change anything and you would still be waiting for your next ā€œsuperā€ hero

Thereā€™s 2 types of players

1 type of player that can make what they have work and then improve on what they have as they gain more options

Then thereā€™s the other type of player who will always feel theyā€™re falling short because that 1 more hero they donā€™t have(or multiple heroes they donā€™t have in this case)

Fwiw that super team you mentioned i beat last night multiple times in raids with my JF teamā€¦

And yes i do feel the game is fairly balanced now. Feeling could change as more heroes are released.

But in itā€™s current state, i have no complaints aa far as game balance. My suggestions and tweaks to the game typically revolve around other issues that arenā€™t exactly about game balance

So you have 25 maxed 5s?

4 Likes

Gm was a surprise and wasnā€™t an expected game changer

Guin was requested to be nerfed before she ever left beta and has been nerfed at least twice after beta that i can think of

Thatā€™s fine just saying the variety of telluria /vela being seen is no different to all the guin/ gm that was around

1 Like

Agreed

I just wanted to point out that the decrease in hero variety wasnā€™t an intentional one by any suggestions of players and hero variety is still something players are clamoring for, especially in defense

This basically makes my point for me.

Everyone recognizes that Guin was OP on release. Everyone also recognizes that GM was OP on release and both after so long are still considered to be at the top of the power curve. Both these heroes siginificantly altered the meta and significantly reduced the variety found in defence teams.

The release of OP heroes reduced the variety back then as it is doing now and as it will do every time a new OP hero is released. On the other hand when heroes are balanced you will see some players adopt them in their defense teams but they will not dominate the appearance rate stats.

Sure an OP hero will shift the meta but it will also reduce the variety if these heroes are too easy to pull. HOTMā€™s are too easy to pull as demonstrated by the fact that the top 100 is dominated by telluria tanks right now.

1 Like

You may be surprised about what players thought of GM at the time of his release. There was no universal recognition of his being overpowered initially (divided opinion). A lot of complaints that his hit was weak and that the DoT could be cleaned.

AFTERWARDS he was seen as OP once people gained experience.

4 Likes

I completely disagree and for me this is why the ā€œAnti nerfā€ crowd is getting more vocal . The way I read it is that you donā€™t want the best heroes in the game accessible to the majority which is why there is a argument bout protecting Gm / top players with the nerfing of heroes That would be direct replacements of Gm .
Releasing average heroes will not change the top alliances defence , is 7dd still running guin tanks in war , and there competitors running holy / dark tanks ā€¦ I believe the very top still running guin / holy tanks and flanked by gm so the release of average heroes since has not changed the variety

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen more anti nerf crowd among beta testers than anywhere elseā€¦
The beta beat threads I see winners about heroes they didnā€™t even tested and I see more requests of nerfeing there by non beta testers than I see anywhere elseā€¦
So this is a false question imoā€¦ Why are ppl here affirming that beta testers clain for heroes nerfs?
I mean some of then present their feedback but itā€™s not consensual and just go to any beta beat read the silly things wrote in the commentsā€¦

1 Like

Honestly, if youā€™ve ever spent money on this game or are in the top 100, you should be disallowed from beta testing. The fix will always be in, and of course (certain kinds of people) are willing to do anything they have to in order to protect the myth that theyā€™re special.

1 Like

I donā€™t remember this being a complaint/the case because the only two cleanserā€™s out there upon Gravemakers release were Rigard and Vivica, if Iā€™m not mistaken.

And the extremely rare lady locke