Clarification on behalf of beta testers, to the anti-nerf crowd

Just curious, what are other JF synergies you mentioned?

I don’t know what he had in mind, but seeing how HotM and other hero releases have gone lately, my thought is:

JF, Vela, Clarissa, Tyr, Victor, Gravy (who overlaps with JF but if you don’t have JF…) and maybe one or two more that I’m missing at 5*: All fast/very fast. All with unique abilities (bleed, poison, burn, drown, health drain, etc.) that drain health quickly and will ignore defenses.

Alone they may seem weak/support in some cases.

Together with a couple of chains on a first move attack to charge them and they’ll devastate a side.

Locke (an exception here in that she is not fast) also has a unique drain, so she can stack with them.

It’s very possible if they keep producing these fast/very fast heroes with unique drains, we’ll need more cleansers to combat it, but we may be a little ways out from that.

1 Like

Another good set which is unique is the Sand Empire DoT

Plus Morgan Le Fey

And jabberwock is an overlap with Clarissa

(I love DoT :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Yeah, knew I was forgetting some. So if I wanted to rainbow and be unique DoT (for arguments sake):

Morgan le Fay, Gravy, Rana, Clarissa, and Vela

If they all fired (per round damage):

134 for Rana
168 for Morgan
52 for Vela
149 for Gravy
149 for Clarissa

652 damage per round potentially on one group of heroes.

1304 damage in two rounds on the same group.

This doesn’t take into account the initial damage that Vela, Gravy, Clarissa and Rana would do.

In short: most heroes = dead by round 2 of this if the cleanser isn’t firing, and as most cleansers are average speed at best and not the tank…yeah.

Could get it rolling for everyone but Rana by move 2 if the tiles fell right in attack.

1 Like

Yup :stuck_out_tongue:

If you wanted more effect you’d run Lady Locke in the place of Morgan as she does more DoT to 3 heroes.

Also those numbers are pre-emblems & Troops :stuck_out_tongue:

My Morgan with +19 nodes:

My Morgan in battle with a level 11 mana troop:

Edit:
Anyways back on topic lol

2 Likes

Aye luck be capricious ba dum tss :drum:

That fell flat, it would have made more sense if my ign was my forum name :c

Actually, before the Beta Beat threads, those not in Beta would attack/complain due to all the secrecy. I think the Beat threads provide a window into the process, and some much clamored for transparency.

4 Likes

Actually, I was being devil’s advocate there.

Rats! I missed it :grin:

1 Like

This topic actually has been debated a couple times in a Line chat I’m in… Definitely been debated and discussed a couple times between @zephyr1 and myself.

We sorta reached the conclusion that, yes while the beta beat theqds are creating a platform for the arguments and sense of “how dare you beta testers stop me from getting xyz hero” they are doing a lot in terms of reducing the level of misinformation that’s used to be spread by the circulation of outdated hero cards which were “leaked” from beta.

There have been a bunch of times when people in line chats pull up the old cards by simply saying “hey, that’s not right anymore. Check out this thread on the forum”

So there is a lot of good that’s coming from them, not just in removing the “secrecy” or whatever but also by removing the misinformation which was being inadvertently spread.

6 Likes

One thing I sort of object to is the constant complaints of nerfing a hero that hasn’t been released into the live game yet. Even referring to it as nerfing in he context of the live game is misleading. Since none of us non-beta live players got to use the “pre-nerf” version it should not really be in the discussion of the suitability of a hero.

3 Likes

Hehe I’ve made this argument many many times :stuck_out_tongue:

Most recently:

3 Likes

Wrong you, there are always the same names because they have the best heroes both in quantity and quality and this is an undeniable fact.

I would imagine there are thousands of players with the best heroes, yet we only see a small subset of them consistently in the leaderboards.

3 Likes

It’s hard to say “Beta players are all high level!” when there is no published total number of beta players, no data showing how many players there are.

SG says they want a cross section of every type of player in the game…why is it so hard to believe them?

1 Like

Now imagine Starcraft coming up with a new race every month. Do you think they can keep that up?

1 Like

Course not, but they didn’t did they? They came up with new units over time

2 Likes

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS WE ALL WANT THIS BEFORE HEROES ARE RELEASED TO PRODUCTION. WHY IS THIS CONCEPT SO HARD TO GRASP?