Christmas Day Alliance Wars

I wouldn’t see why not, however others in our leadership team are wondering if AW for Christmas is a go. Can anyone verify that AW will be as normal in 2 days?

Again, I wouldn’t see why not, some verification would be good so I show it to our leadership team. Thank you.

1 Like

There has been no announcement of canceling Christmas days wars.
I am 99% positive they are going to happen.
I think each alliance decides if they’re going to participate and I know that in ours is up to each member to opt in or opt out.

There are some people with extra time on Christmas day and will enjoy the war.
But anyway Merry Christmas to you!
:christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

7 Likes

Happened last year. No reason why it wouldn’t happen. Just have people opt out if they can’t use flags :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My records show that in 2018 we had wars on December 23-24 and December 29-30. So either they canceled the war that would have been on December 26-27, or I didn’t make a note of it.

1 Like

My records show we had the following wars in 2018:

• 12/22 to 12/23 (win)
  • 12/26 to 12/27 (loss)
  • 12/29 to 12/30 (win)
4 Likes

I must have forgotten to make a note, which definitely happens.

2 Likes

Our alliance is gonna have some silly fun with it. No instructions or game plan. Just everyone put a Christmas character avatar on and basically take the war off from serious competition. Win or lose, for that one day, we don’t care. Then back to the grind on Saturday.

3 Likes

It did happen last year. Many non Christmas celebrating people play, and even those that do can often sneak away for a war. Some alliances do Christmas theme for their defenses…

2 Likes

We tossed that around, but we’re in the middle of a tank color test. We still may as we’re testing blue right now. After 2 wars we’re leaning heavily towards ‘Nope, this just ain’t for us’. :grin:

3 Likes

My alliance will be taking it easy and going with a festive defense of red/green hero’s

3 Likes

Thanks everyone :smiley:.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a minimum amount that’s required or an impact if half the team or a lesser portion of the team opting out?
So, Whether it’s 1, 2, or more: the opposing team should match right?

1 Like

You’ll find a similar match

Your war score lowers after each opt out which is what is used for matchmaking

3 Likes

You can do a war with 1 person, and matching the same number of opted in players on both side is a high priority of the matching algorithm. But if it is only a small number of player in an alliance that want to do war over Christmas, consider that the chest is worth a LOT less if that knocks the opted out majority back to a lower participation rate in the war.

3 Likes

Thanks @General_Confusion and @Rigs for the info. So if I understand what @General_Confusion is saying, the impact of alliance teammates opting out of war is a lower loot chest AND a lower war score (even if they opt out during matchmaking)?

No, once match making starts they are opted in (at least for the next war). Its over at that point. And yes, worse loot for not getting 100% participation. How much worse depends on total % of wars fought and number of wars opted out. I can say at 80% it is a lot worse.

1 Like

We’re going festive defence as well. Red green all the way

I thought everyones war chest varied per person? You are confusing me here

1 Like

It does, based on their level of participation…so if a majority of people opt out, that majority will get less loot. But each loot will be different

1 Like

So @General_Confusion, does this mean that those teammates who opt out of alliance wars will get a lesser war chest, but those who don’t opt out aren’t penalized? Or is everyone on the team going to get a lesser war chest? Sorry for asking but I just need some clarity.

Cookie Settings