Choosing the best team

Looking for opinions on what heroes to use with other to ensure I’m getting the best out of them. Any help is much appreciated.

You are one of people’s who works on 5 stars before 4 stars again. Remember fully maxed 4 star usually are stronger than 5star at 3:70.
You have a great linup with fours not even started, but it’s easier and faster to ascend them like boldtusk, wilbur, melendor, grimm, hansel, proteus, gretel, guardian jackal, righard, Triton, sonya
Work on them, while you collect materials for 5 stars, it’s faster and easier, and they will be very usefull

4 Likes

You have fully ascended kunhen, so you really don’t need boss wolf for now, finish kunhen, start on proteus, he is game changer, than rigard, merlin
Finish tarlak to 3 :70, forget about horgal, work on hansel, finish melendor
Forget about ranvir immidietly, start work on guardian jackal, than gretel, danzaburo
Finish mitsuko to 3:70 start work on boldtusk and Wilbur after that, later anzogh to 3:70
Finish izarnia to 3:70 work on kiril, grimm, Triton, sonya

Welcome to the forum SirTag :slight_smile:

Work on 3*s (I don’t see any) → 4*s then 5*s finally.

In case you’re wondering why that’s recommended:

• Event quests and Raid tournaments put restrictions on the heroes you can use. You will need at least 10 decent heroes in all rarities to at least have a shot at participating and getting good loot from them.
  • Color Stacking: when you put 2 or more heroes of the same color in the same team. This has the benefit of adding their attack stats together when you make those colored matches, which result in more damage.

In Empires, there are very few surprises when it comes to the enemies you can expect; map levels preview the colors of enemies, you know the color of the titan you’re fighting before you choose your team, raiding an opponent previews their defense team before you choose your team, and alliance war defense teams are shown while choosing a target to attack.

Since there’s no surprises with colors on who you’re going to attack, you can choose your heroes according to the weaknesses of the enemy teams. This makes color stacking a very powerful tool.

3* heroes are faster to level up than 4* heroes. And 4* heroes are faster to level up than 5* heroes. Having many good heroes of the same color, means you can color stack sooner and hit harder than you can with just a few awesome heroes.

5 Likes

Jup, agree with 3 stars, since you fed all of them, next time you get some don’t feed them immediately, otherwise you won’t be able to take a part in some quests and raid tournaments, usually you need at least couple of 3 star rainbow teams, but even players with full maxed bench of 5 stars have also full mono teams with 3 stars for those events

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I should have asked first as I have literally used all my 3 stars and some good 4 stars to power up my 5. :man_facepalming:t2:

I’ll start working on them now and hopefully get a strong set of all levels of heroes.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks Dave :+1:t3:

Dave, do certain colours hurt other more than normal?

Thanks for this. If I can take Mitsuko and Tarlak to level 4 as I have the materials should I do so or leave them at 3:70 and work on 4*’s?

They deal “strong” damage (i.e. double damage, the damage numbers shown will be colored red) if they are the strong color. So for e.g. Blue matches hitting red enemies deal strong damage.

“Weak” damage (halved damage, damage numbers shown will be grey) is dealt if you hit with the color the enemy resists. E.g. hitting yellow enemies with yellow matches.

Neutral damage (damage numbers shown will be colored yellow) is dealt if you hit with any other color. For e.g. purple matches against green enemies.

You can find a reference of how this rock->paper->scissors weaknesses and strengths system works on the top left corner of your screen, anytime you are in a battle.

Also: What Is Elemental Damage? - A Guide to Elements

3 Likes

IMO… start focus on *4 and *3, just like others said.

*4 heroes, priority left to right.
Red: Boldtusk ASAP, Wilbur
Blue: Kiril ASAP, Grimm, Sonya, Triton, Boril
Green: Hansel ASAP, Ascend Melendor
Yellow: Jackal ASAP, Gretel
Purple: Proteus ASAP, Rigard, Merlin

Consider for info best *3 to keep:
Red: Rudolph, Squire Wabbit, Namahage, Hawkmoon, Nashgar, Azar
Blue: Gato, Valen, Ulmer, Gunnar
Green: Muggy, Belith, Brienne, Berden, Mnesseus, Hisan
Yellow: Bane, Gan Ju, Melia, Kailani
Purple: Balthazar, Tyrum, Chochin, Gill-Ra

1 Like

Basically, best option to raid stacking color (3-1-1) againt opponent tank.
Example, if we face red Tank, we can bring 3 blue: Kiril - Grimm - Frida - Proteus - Melendor.
Or you can mix it 3-2 or 4-1 or 2-2-1, etc…

For titan you need also bring strong colors.
And also need hero skill to raise attack allies, def down the titan, +bonus Wu/Ranvir attack.

Nice roster. In my honest opinion I would be looking to level as follows:
Purple - finish Kunchen then start Proteus, Rigard
Red - Boldtusk and Wilbur
Blue - Kiril, Sonya, Grimm
Yellow - finish Ranvir and then start Guardian Jackal then Gretel
Green - Hansel then Melendor
When you get your 4* maxed it will greatly assist in getting you those mats to ascend your 5*.
And a fully maxed 4* is stronger than a 5* at level 3
Good luck

This is great, thanks so much.
Would you recommend me levelling my 5’s to 4 as I have the materials to do so. I.e, I can level up Tarlak and Mitsuko. Should I do those before working on the 4’s?

IMO, if you have 12+ Sturdy Shields, (4 for Hansel and 4 for Melendor), then you can ascend Tarlak, you already have Wu Kong maxed, so Tarlak can wait in 3.70.

And also if you have 12+ Hidden Blades (4 for Boldtusk and 4 for Wilbur), then you can ascend Mitsuko.

Leave them at 3/70 and work on maxing your 4s. It’s quicker and cheaper and helps you loads in the long run. Think of the game a marathon rather than a sprint race :slight_smile:

An analysis of the Top 100 might be of value in helping you work out who’s more valuable than the rest.

Titan Mafia: Weekly Review

Looking at the list of 3*’s you’ve put up here… I think I’ve had nearly all of them and got rid :man_facepalming:t2: