#ChooseToChallenge - International Women’s Day Discussion

Don’t forget loincloth Proteus

1 Like

This topic is to discuss the #ChooseToChallenge for International Women’s Day 2021 campaign!

Clarissa has arguably a stronger elemental link than Gravemaker, and Gretel hits 3 heroes at once while Hansel only hits one. I agree that Gravemaker and Hansel can look like better heroes, but all those 4 heroes have their advantages/disadvantages depending on the situation, so i’m guessing that its a balance issue.

1 Like

#ChooseToChallenge! or #ChooseToChallenge

1 Like

Show Your Support & Participate! Include the hashtag choosetochallenge in your Alliance Description

No exclamation point.

2 Likes

About Crystalis’ designs, isnt the white design in the first picture suppose to be a dress? It might look like the blue stripes on her breast is simply a stripe covering the nipple, but looking at the breast to the right, the blue stripe is way above where any nipple would be, so it kinda looks like a dress to me.

Otherwise, it is indeed true that E&P has many sexy designs, but there are also some more neutral ones like Li Xiu and Scarlett (and relatively newer heroes like Frigg, Glenda and Telluria). One can argue that one thing doesnt necessarily excuse something else of course, but at least i feel that they try to have some variation and not make every design (especially female) sexy :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just to clearify, i’m only talking about the clothes design of the heroes themself, and i mentioned it more as an obersvation that some designs are more daring than others. I didnt mean to say that some is better than others, thats more on the subjective side.

1 Like

Are anyone doing that though? I read through all the posts now (but perhaps i overlooked something) and i see no one talking about which character is more sexy than someone else.

1 Like

@Petri Is it enough to put only the description #ChooseToChallenge?
Will there be a competition?

1 Like

No worries. If it was regarding my comment, i only ment it as a comment regarding different clothes design of the heroes and how they variate, both for male and female. I didnt mean it as a ranking or anything like that, just to underline that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back at you:

Why does Gravemaker squishier than Clarissa? Why does Gretel hit 3 while Hansel only hit 1. It bother me a bit, too.

My honest opinion regarding the hero clothing would be that many of the female heroes in this game have obviously been drawn to look “sexy”, following in the tradition of older fantasy type games that were mostly played by young males… a tradition that is blatantly sexist.

I suppose some might call me a “white knight” or whatever for saying this, but these days, gaming is no longer a mostly male hobby - and as a male, I have to acknowledge that a lot of the older game models were based on very sexist traditions. The whole “sexy female armor” thing goes against gender equality in every way. And I don’t think the appropriate answer is to put all the men in loincloths, either, just to “make it even”.

We’re not supposed to be staring intently at the heroes’ naughty bits. We’re supposed to be staring intently at their stats. That is all that matters at the end of the day.

10 Likes

Let us just discuss here how we players in our respective alliances are able to combat discrimination against women, inequality and gender bias, both in-game and in real life. Women has a vital role in nation building and this must also be the same in our daily game play here.

I salute wives and husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends, and couples playing together in Empires and Puzzles.

1 Like

Can we please just make this thread about celebrating International Women’s Day … let’s all just stay on topic and focus on working against any and all inequality.
All respects and every respect to all the Women in the game, in the forum and indeed throughout the world.
The women from my roster are ready to do battle.

7 Likes

Has has to do with the Primary Purpose of the hero. When you have a purpose in mind you pick the better one.
Let’s make sibling heroes who have the same purpose of mana suppression. Oh remember to make the female slower than the male. Yup.
Let’s make Very Fast damage-over-time heroes. Oh remember to make the female more protective and do less damage. Yup.

Thats fair enough. I also think that “sexy design” is mostly there for males (not only, but mainly).

And yeah, doing one thing doesnt necessarily excuse something else, indeed.

And true, the stats are the most important thing, indeed. I do think good aesthetic design is also somewhat important though (whats good or not is of course highly subjective), but yeah, stats are the most important thing at the end of the day, as you mention, i agree to that.

1 Like

I dunno how you play the game. But if i am confronted with a green tank, would i bring Clarissa? No, i’d bring Gravemaler. Against purple tanks, is Hansel more effective than Gretel?

You are right, it should be based on primary purpose. Those heroes have each of their usage.

All the best for all Ladies!

5 Likes

You said it all!!!blind seer rules still!!!

1 Like

In Jesters I’m proud that we are both nationally diverse and have strong women leaders too. Shout out to @Kloster who does our recruiting threads and along with Pmoss they manage our Titans too.

It’s easy to get lost debating costumes but I think this game is a lot better than others in that regard. There’s not a lot of overly sexualised girls in thongs let’s be honest. Season 3 has some great new female heroes.

Let’s celebrate that and the strong women we have playing this game.

2 Likes

I’ll put my two bits in too.
This is my team of holy ladies:

And this is my team of ladies formed by the shadow:

They are all unique and beautiful.
Happy Women’s Day :raised_hand:

8 Likes