Choose Your Loot / Rewards – Select from Different Chest Options

Just an idea, not sure if it has been suggested or not before. (I did find this "Choose Your Loot" box but it’s not quite what I was thinking)

Basically, at the end of filling a chest, be it war chest, titan chest, monster chest etc you get a choice of two loot packs.

You can see what is in each pack, they may not have the same amount of items but you can decide which pack is better for you.

E.g you fill a titan chest, you click to open it then you see something like this =

Pack 1
Crystal shard, crypt mushroom, training manual, tall boots, string, poison darts, epic troop token, 10 gems, 2 cleric emblems

Pack 2
Grimore dust, hardwood lumber, miracle scroll, warm cape, farsight telescope, 20 gems, 1 fighter emblem

If you need a telescope, you’d go for pack two, if you need darts then it’s pack 1.

It would slightly take away some of the complete randomness of the loot in a way that would be helpful. Sometimes you may not find anything you need in either pack, there would be packs with no ascention items as happens now, but I’d rather be able to choose the better loot for me either way.

Thoughts?

This will make their day at the developers studio!

This game is pure randomness, and as long as we don’t get what we want as long they are making money…
Those kind of changes will never be developed unless players start to leave this game…

Anyway: great idea!

I found an extremely old post with the same foundation idea, albeit not very fleshed out. Just linking for reference and future research, I’ll leave these as separate threads:

I have a suggestion. How about offering rewards “options” at the end of events. For instance: For each tier of rewards you could offer maybe 3 different options for your spoils. Like offer one “chest” or something that has slightly better odds for getting EHT’s, ETT’s, or DST’s. Offer one chest that has slightly better odds for Ascension Mats. Then offer one chest that has increased odds for Emblems/Reset Tokens. Something like that. The catch would be that each chest has only the items that you chose, with some various miscellaneous stuff like crafting items or battle items. In other words… if I pick the chest for tokens, then I would have 3 “pulls” for tokens, then crafting and battle items, and that’s it. No chance for the other categories like emblems or mats. Then people could choose more along the lines of what they actually need, and the devs don’t have to try as hard to balance the reward tiers because they are trying to include a little of everything when they do so. What do you guys think?

1 Like