Chochin and Gill-Ra

Hi guys,

I have another question about heroes. I’ve got 2x Chochin and Gill-Ra in the atlantis gate. And I wonder if it is possible to use them somehow. When I saw their special, my first thought was they are useless. But maybe not. What do you think? Event? Tyrum and Balthazar are much better for sure.

I’ve got Melia and Gato too, so I’m not depressed at all :wink:

I haven’t been able to figure out a good use for Chochin…

Gill-Ra is the only 3-star that cleanses ally debuffs… I think that means he is one of 4 heros that will cleans a whole team (the other three being Rigard, Vivica, and Lady Locke).

While his slow speed may not make him very good in a war hit, he could be very useful in a challenge event… or a weak war hit against a team with empty spots for quick mana generation.

The ability to cleanse your team of debuffs is huge.

1 Like

Thanks for answer. Yes, this special of Gill-Ra shoud be good but in challenge event I try to kill boss before he uses his special. The faster the better :stuck_out_tongue: So Gill-Ra will not have any possibility to use his special.

I think Cochin is a very viable 3*. That’s a pretty solid hit on 3 targets, and the mana slow is very useful in raids. On challenge events, where each level has only 2 or 3 foes, Jughead will be a contender.GILL-Ra is more problematic. It does no damage, no healing, horrible attack stat. Am I really going to use up one of five slots for it? Hmmm.

5 Likes

Same here, got chochin and Gill-Ra, worst of all, I also got Arwa, what’s she doing in Atlantis summon ?? Was hoping for better

1 Like

I love Gil-Ra teamed up with Wu Kong. She lowers attack & defense of opponents and then Wu takes them all out. The combination has helped me take out higher level teams than with Wu alone. That being said, Wu is almost fully leveled but the rest of my teams are fully leveled 3 stars while I wait to level up other 4s & 5 Sartana

I just pulled Gil-Ra again in Atlantis, but things are different for me this time 'round. Now I’m looking for purple heroes that are useful on raid defense and offense in a 3* only raid arena, under various raid tournament rules. Or possibly if they are useful for rare challenge events, or other circumstances that limit me to rare heroes only.

This seems like a good thing … but is it? There also aren’t many 3* heroes that give nasty status effects that need cleansing.

• A few DOT heroes, none of which are deadly, or at least they primarily do direct damage.
  • Attack and defense debuffers. Brienne can flip an attack debuff in addition.
  • Mild mana reduction from Chochin.
  • Am I forgetting anything?
    It isn’t looking all that compelling except maybe under the ?once-a-year? tourney rules with 3* heroes, rush attack, and purple permitted.

Anyhow, I’m hoarding Gil-Ra for a few days while I think about it at least.

I ate all the Chochin’s I’ve gotten so far, 'tho I might do another Atlantis pull and get one. Does he look more compelling for a rare raid tourney either on offense or defense?

2 Likes

Both, since mana controlling heroes are best choices all over the place. Gan Ju, Azar and Chochin together for the win.

Bane blinds.

20 misses

I like Gill-Ra for the defense down. Now I hear what you’re saying: Ulmer and Valen can do that too, and they’re better!

Not on Avalon event they’re not!

Also something something Sorceror.

To be clear … I’m looking on offense for something compelling enough to displace one of my three purples, Tyrum, Balt, and Balt-2. Or a truly compelling case on defense.

I’m sure there is a possible defense that Gil-Ra would crack better but I’m not convinced of enough general utility to keep me from feeding her to Kunchen soon.

1 Like

Gill-ra would be great to have when facing Gill-ra…

1 Like

He/she/it? will also become useful in that tournament with buffed buffs.

2 Likes

She would also become much more useful in the rush tournament where every hero is set to fast

3 Likes

I see this topic is old but since it’s attracting attention; In my experience all Atlantis 3 star heroes are actually great for events.

Gill-Ra is great for challenge events, and for raid tournaments as well. BUT, I would only keep 1 of her as more is overkill. Consider that she’s the only 3 star cleanser, who lowers defense and attack. That immediately makes Gill-Ra useful, even if she’s slow.

Hero’s with DoT:

• Nashgar
  • Jahangir
  • Oberon (even if he sucks)
  • Hisan
  • Arman
  • and she also cleanses Blindness from Bane, and def- from Valen and Ulmer (note too that there’s no 3 stars that raise defense except for Gunnar and Kailani, who are slow)

Chochin is for sure a contender for one of the best purple 3 stars, Balthazar is better for events, and Tyrum is better for raid tournaments. But Chochin is unique for being the only 3 star that lowers mana generation, and he hits 3 targets hard (for his rarity anyways).

For Teltoc, I ran:
Gill-Ra | Chochin | Balthazar | Tyrum | Renfeld

And got 170th overall. If I had another Balthazar, I’d replace him Renfeld, and if I had a 3rd Balthazar, I’d replace Tyrum. But I think I’d keep Chochin and Gill-Ra for their utility

3 Likes

PS I’ve always thought of Gill-ra is female

2 Likes

Since there’s a catfishy bottom, we’ll possibly never get the answer. :wink:

2 Likes

Most heroes are just okay

Some heroes are good, some suck, most are okay.

Both of these heroes fall into the category “Make decent map Bosses, not really good heroes”.

But.

Roster slots are cheap compared to RNG paywall

I am saving one of each since “skins” will attempt to solve the “decent Boss, not great hero” dilemma. Only one each though, since Classic 4* / 5* get first priority and most likely Classic 3* heroes after that.

Tourney Colors

It would be really fun if Tourneys eliminated TWO or THREE colors ( rumor says only one color was eliminated in Beta ) similar to Class quests eliminating 80% of heroes. Just like Class quests, I would start leveling some heroes gathering dust on my roster.

Roster slots are (relatively) cheap … but I’m going to do more Atlantis pulls hoping for 5* heroes in the future, so I’ve got great confidence that I’ll see them again if I need them; 3*s are typically food, no matter how good they are! (Your roster usage and budget for pulls may well vary!) In my case, however, if I’m not going to use them in the tourney in the next couple months, I’m eating them.

How I read the dev statements about skins made me expect them to address the “paywall heroes are interesting and powerful, TC20 heroes are boring and weak” dilemma, not the “bad heroes / good bosses” one, Guardian Owl being the poster child.

Or if I’m being cynical, the “Lets find something new that players can buy for TC20 heroes and improve revenue” dilemma…

Asking Tim which is his favorite child

Except they gave 1* heroes classes.

It really looks like Tim wants every hero to have a use, and currently many do not.

While Dev cycles are prioritized by revenue, designer love their games and want them to be fun, entertaining and filled with social interactions.

The trick is to find a way to do what you want, and monetize it at the same time.

Are you paranoid if it is out to get you? Or RNG paywall

Playing since 2017-September.

With my summoning budget I am still missing purple 4* Cyprian, and red 4* Sumitomo, so I do not trust RNG for 3* / 4* / 5* heroes.

Trading for 3* heroes

When they add trade I am not willing to trade for either of these. So keeping one each is good for my play style.

1 Like