🐰 Chick Jr. – 3* Ice/Blue from Springvale

And it’s “cake” in French, though I’m sure he’s not half as tasty!
(spelled gateau, stress on the second syllable)

1 Like

Buddy and Carol are both “Santa’s Little Helper”

2 Likes

Apparently so, and normally those full portrait epitaphs weren’t paid as much attention to as to the other aspects of heroes. I wouldn’t have realized, until you brought it up and I happened to go into my roster (I just happen to have both). I guess better than one of them named Santa’s Other Little Helper.

With the number of heroes increasing, I’d say there would probably be even more of these scenarios happening. Chalk this one up as to another that slipped through the crack. Tagging our contents creator @Pois1 to make a note of. Not sure if these are high on the list of issues needing to be addressed by SGG at the moment though.

Appreciate the notification.

1 Like

Hi,
Buddy and Carol are indeed both “Santa’s Little Helper”. Do not see a problem here, seasonal heroes with literally the same job :slight_smile:
As for the Chick and Wabbit both being squires - no problem at all.
The title is not entirely same so it is OK.
If the portrait of Chick misses the word Junior or Jr. then SG has to correct it (which they won’t do).

What is a problem is that they named two monsters who look different “Emerald Centipede”.
One of them is mob the other is a Boss.

2 Likes

Um, that’ll be epithets, not epitaphs. He’s not dead yet.

2 Likes

@Gorann
Hahaha, oops, messed up with my terms, didn’t I? But I am sure these heroes have “died” plenty of times in the past that it might as well be… And let’s stop there before it gets any more morbid.

Thank you for pointing that out… Oi, the Epi terms…

@Pois1
I guess I feel every card should have its uniqueness, including the epithets. So while Carol and Buddy both can be Santa’s Little Helpers, and certainly fits their role in the Christmas lore, I kind of think, you know, perhaps one of them, such as Carol, can be named Santa’s Little Assistant. Back to Chick Jr. and Squire Wabbit, same situation where both are not quite learned in their professions, and although perhaps sounding less auspicious, perhaps Chick Jr. could be Trainee of Springvale.

2 Likes

I agree, definitely. It just points out again to the SG laziness I would call it, like using Season I backgrounds in Season III and Season IV. I am more upset about these but you are right.
Every Hero is unique and they should be.
I am afraid we cannot change that, sadly…

2 Likes

If they were given a reason to… I guess, since it looks like they altered the hero name for Peters, used to be called Cabin Boy Peters. And the full page epithet for Hawkmoon-c was Ascendant Shaman during the initial release, but the following month (or somewhere along that time frame), it was changed to Ascendant Mender. I am not sure if someone actually called head office in Helsinki to complain.

For the Emerald Centipede, the Shurbbear issue and the identical troop name issued I brought up in the other thread, which, I actually sent a ticket to support (about the identical named 1* and 3* troops), and I actually got a response, saying that it will be forwarded to development team for review (and that was more than 2 years ago), and here we are, still the same 1* and 3* troop names. Probably that these troops are going to be fed and no one is going to remember their names any way. I see the same with the mob/boss Emerald Centipedes and Shrubbears, as far as how eager or important it is for them to address these issues.

Any way, to avoid derailing the this thread further, which is about Chick Jr. I’d say perhaps there could be a separate post compiling these naming issues that were observed throughout this game that is “still” there, perhaps that will garner some attention.

1 Like

I’m trying to read about Chick Jr. and the last ten posts have been way off topic. Sheesh!

2 Likes

I think Chick Jr will be pretty good in a combo with 2x Nordri or Nordri/Ulmer possibly with Gato near him too, as Gato can block his attack down curse. Very useful hero in both events and tourneys.

1 Like

@Shohoku79

Good news, Monstrous Centipede name is already changed in Beta, so my voice has been heard!
It is Crystal Centipede now.

2 Likes

@Pois1 - Good news indeed. Looks like “who” made the noise and suggestion does have some weight.

Looks like we have some concerns of derailment from the main topic. Could mods kindly help move some of these “naming issues” posts from this thread to a different thread that we could specifically post about “Naming that slipped through QC” or “Identity crisis” we found in this game?
@Guvnor, @JonahTheBard, or @Dudeious.Maximus, with much thanks.

1 Like

Just finished the last 2 days of the current 3* Bloody Battle, No Red tournament with a Nordri - 2 Chick Jr attack team. Went 8-0 in the 8 matches where I used them, even without any Red heroes in the opposing team and against Green tanks. One Chick Jr is at 18 nodes while the other is at 6 nodes.
True, luck is required to get enough tiles to charge them up at the same time but they do a lot of AOE damage.
Looking forward to using them in the upcoming Grimforest event

2 Likes

Cookie Settings