Chatroom Freedom - Recruitment Ads

Why would it be flaged? It was a legitimate question. I hate the in game chat so I don’t go there. If you don’t like the forum, why come here?

5 Likes

I didn’t say anything about the first amendment, stop with that nonsense right now. I’m well aware of the international nature of this game and the private aspect of any of the digital properties on which they reside. Straw man if there ever was one.

I’m talking about my overall sentiment of how speech is and should be controlled.

Well you could start your own forum if you wanted then censor things however you like

Problem solved

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. I have never seen content-based moderation on this forum (except beta content). People express wildly negative opinions of SG and Empires and Puzzles on this forum all the time.

It seems to me that a small number of people are either incapable of, or unwilling to, distinguish between what they say and how they say it.

7 Likes

I was trying to come up with a good response to both @rigs and @Winters1. I think they both have excellent arguments and I enjoy a healthy debate and exchange of ideas.

Just my own opinion but … while I agree with a lot of what you both are saying, it’s just unfortunate that the tone often disintegrates the arguments.

6 Likes

I suck at conveying tone through text. People say i sound like a grumpy old guy lol

If this was an “in person” bar talk, it wouldn’t sound as negative. Tone of voice is hard to convey.

5 Likes

Maybe we can discuss this over the 21st Amendment?

3 Likes

The passion always comes through though :grin:

3 Likes

Let’s just say, the moderators can be very selective in what they consider off topic. :wink:

I’m actually pretty light most of the time and i Enjoy debates/discussions/arguments or whatever lol have them all the time in line, sure sometimes tempers flare but that fades quickly and still nothin to take personal

No answer for his other question?

I know my curiosity is sincerely peaked

Like Ian, i don’t like in game chat, so i just choose not to go there. If it wasn’t for friends, i wouldn’t even be involved in this conversation. So what makes you choose to use the Forum?

Are you sure about that? Cose I come here every day and I don’t get that feeling…

1 Like

Let’s get back to talking about the chatroom, shall we?

2 Likes

It seems to be today’s main subject… except there’s not much to talk about… in game chat is the one place SG failed lamentably… that and Skittleskull, too :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m happy to answer that but let’s take a moment…

I’ve already been asked by moderators to keep things on topic several times in various threads and have had my posts flagged and removed.

My position is that I’m following the discussion where it leads naturally, their position is that I should start a new thread if I’m taking on a subject unrelated to the topic. Now I have people asking why I won’t answer a question here.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I am so frustrated with and what I mean when I say double standards. No consistency in enforcement, no common sense in weighing violations.

Case in point!

How do other game chat rooms moderate their own? Or, are they the same cesspools that we see with this one?

1 Like

That’s how it works guys. Do you not see the irony?

But you considered your other responses on topic…you just think that specific answer would be flagged.

Ok…

The only theme I am seeing here is that no one is answering my question.

1 Like

I would imagine it only seems ironic to that small minority I mentioned who can’t distinguish between posts that are compliant and posts that are noncompliant.

I have over 77K posts read. And I can link you to hundreds and hundreds of posts attacking SG and E&P. So I’m pretty darned confident of what I’m asserting.

2 Likes