Chao or Hu Tao good enough for spending Orbs?

I ve got the same problem, stored some orbs but don’t want spend all of them for 4* yellow.
Here is my yellow team:

I need this hero for mono raids and wars, and for titan.

I hope for 5* yellow from TC20 (2 running) I ve stored some EHT’s and I keep the gems for Sand Empire so there is a chance for Ranvir or Rana.

That’s why I want to max only 1 4* at the moment.

Chao is fast and his mana control is usefull, I can use him just after Jackall, Hu Tao slow but his blind debuff is really effective and saved my Wu many times.

I ve got also Danzaburo.

What do you think?

Chao is fine, he’s ok at everything with no real weakness other than a lack of specific role.

Chao and Li together are a good solid yellow stack that combine their mana control.

My Hu Tao, if he ever gets orbs, will be for 4* Rush Attack tournaments only.

3 Likes

Hu Tao in raids is very hard to beat, once he fires off his special it hits everyone and blinds them and by the time you can hit another one of the other heroes killed you. I hate him in raids.

1 Like

I did use him in the last tournament in a 4* exclude-purple rush tournament. It’s the role he was born to play and my defence won something like 11/12 defences.

That specific tournament probably won’t come around again for at least a year.

1 Like

I use Hu in class trials too, very handy there. Chao, just AW for stacking but every now and then the mana cut comes in handy. Both 4* are worth the orbs…after Jackal and Danza and Gretel and Wu :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I have them 4, I also have Hansel so I’m debating if I should level gretel before hu since they do the same thing but he’s more powerful. And I wanna get Joon and drake finished

1 Like

I have both Hu Tao and Chao and I use them both on the regular when I need a holy stack. Although I mainly use Chao because of our Lord and savior of the deep Proteus. So I would say if you have proteus, use Chao a LOT. As that one two punch they have is so satisfying.

@LadyAchilles I find Gretel more useful than Hu, her special is better (though not as good as Hansel’s) and her attack stat is way higher for stacking. Maybe base your decision on class Trials needs but they both deserve orbs. Either way, you have a lot of yellows to work on, I get tired just thinking about it!