Challenge Events Feedback

I found beginner harder than intermediate and advanced. Beginner was the only level where I had maxxed out characters. I decided not even to try to finish beginner as rewards for finishing are not worth energy especially after losing a few times and with no exp. My caveat for this is that my maxxed 3* is suboptimal as I had purged 3*s until event announcement. Same with troops. So my troops were not levelled and I had no healer which is probably the biggest detriment I had.
I’ll be much better prepared for the next event with a much better team.
I finished intermediate and hope tonfinish advanced tonight or tomorrow

1 Like

Really enjoyed the Challenge Event. Got through the intermediate just barely, having to spend 75 gems on the very last battle.

Advanced level is too tough for my team, but in coming months I hope to get a better group formed.

Beginner, lol. I can’t even field a team at all since I used all my 3* heros and 2* troops as food. :disappointed:
At least now I have a clear task of what I need to work on until next months event.

Could seriously use more team slots now. That’s my only suggestion.

I was thinking about saving 3’s… and then realized how much world energy I was using anyway and that’s not even trying Intermediate which I might next time when I can put a team together (have 2 5*'s which are pretty central to my team so never developed 4* replacements for them) which would be even more world energy… and then beginner too? Yuck.

Fed them this morning haha.

1 Like

All 100% true.

This game is taylored to the newbies that do not know that spending money basically gets you nowhere and to the people with very, very, very deep pockets.

The Pirates of Corellia challenge should be renamed the “Don’t Use Purple” challenge.

1 Like

Good event imo. It is a bit new stuff and gives a reason to create separate teams of 3s, 4s and 5s. Also gives reason to try strategies with double or more of one colour and that sort of thing.

Main disappointment is the reward spread or what to call it. It is a big event but the best thing that has happens during it is the shilo desert quests that popped up among he general quests. Placing below #20 has quite boring rewards and on the other hand #1 is crazy good. It makes the event basically a tournament for the top 5 players in the world.

I really like that they put new avatars as rewards. Imo the top 20 positions should be more about the prestige than items and the avatars are my biggest reason to try for those positions.

/Evan

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to figure out this scoring system. …

Top 2 guys at Beginner both have 500,000
That is 50,000 points each level

My overall score is 419,000, my first two levels are 33k and 35k

I went in full Arrows, Axes and Mana potions, all heroes 3* with lvls and abilities max out even troops 2* lvl 4, I finished it in 40 seconds and it gives me 33k… I just gave up…

My best lvl was 9 where I did 47,663 but lvl 7 to 10 without healer and tank or 2 healers you are doomed.

Agree 100%

This event was a big contributor to me leaving the game. The people who would end up getting the worthwhile loot are the people who don’t actually need it because they will already be playing with maxed heroes (which the loot allows you to get).

So the value to the top players is little, and the rewards for the rest are frankly insulting… all for a MASSIVE cost in world energy and battle items.

Who in their right mind wants to dedicate 2 days worth of world energy and pretty much their entire inventory of battle items to get 1 lousy ordinary summon token?!?

Absolute joke. Good concept ruined by poor execution and greed.

2 Likes

Don’t forget no exp. So lots of world energy spent with no gain in level. I am completely flummoxed by this. Everything else in the game that uses world energy gives exp, why not event? Would be nice if @Petri could at least give us their reasoning.

1 Like

I am a bit unsure if we have played the same event? I have so far completed intermediate and advanced without maxed teams and without items except some antidotes and small health. The completion award was definitely worth it. Is it beginner that is more difficult than the others? I have a 3s team but haven’t tried yet since the completion award for 3s is not as interesting.

4 Likes

Beginner is much harder as our 3* heros and 2troops arent as good. Especially if like me, you don’t have a,3 healer
Completion award for beginner isn’t exciting at all for the amount of energy

1 Like

I would like to see epic hero tokens switched with event summon tokens. Much more exciting

1 Like

I agree. Completion award for 3s doesn’t look appealing at all. I will try anyway just for the fun of it. My team isn’t very good though.

On a side note, I don’t think it strange that you need a healer for completion. It is the same for hard quests and such and maps that a healer is very helpful. I rather think the difficulty level is correct on that regard.

1 Like

I agree with needing a healer. Wish i had kept mine. Will try to have one for next event

I’d like firstly to say that the event concept is a very nice addition to ep. Then some observations/suggestions:

*Ad XP for the event fighting. Lack of experience points is illogical considering the difficulty and usage of world energy. I guess it’s a mistake.

The event is hard. Not sure if it’s too hard though, since I quite obviously have lackluster teams for all 3 tiers (no healer for 3, only two 4* and one 5*).

*The reward scaling rewards those who already have “everything”. That being said, I agree with those who says that it’s reasonable that spenders get rewarded. However, how far you get and how well you do depends heavily on what team setup you possess. Therefore, team power (at least) should be taken into consideration on the ranking.

The event rewards a relatively very low percentage of the playerbase. It would be a good thing for sgg to throw in a few more goodies across the board.

1 Like

Not sure how you did this. I had all 4* heroes, 1 with 4* troops and the rest with 3*. My troops had some levels behind them, and at least two of my Heroes are well regarded (Rigard and BoldTusk).
In Intermediate challenge #7 I was needing to use Battle Items like they were going out of fashion just to survive. Every 2nd attack on the 2 bosses would fill their mana and result in a large hit. I was using LittleJohn as well, and he didn’t seem to make much difference - just a temporary respite.
So it appears it’s easy if you have the right heroes. It sucks if you don’t. Big surprise there… (not).

1 Like

Hi! Yes the right heroes helps of course.

In intermediate i had all 3* level 1 troops.

My setup were: Colen. Gormek. Boldtusk. Grimm. Caedmon. All except Caedmon are maxed. Caedmon is lvl 60 3rd ascension.

As you can see I have 3 red heroes so I do very well when the board is good to me and bad when it’s not.

My general strategy is to leave one creature alive before going into the boss. I charge and heal up and also make sure to have an ok board before killing last creature. Against the boss I focus on killing one of them. If one of the bosses are lady Locke I focus on her since she her special does no damage whatsoever if you use antidote after her special hits. I use arrows just to make surviving a bit easier.

3 Likes

Not worth the effort for me, especially with no xp.

My two cents for the challenge quest line: first of all is a waste of time. As many other pointed out only the top players get the best loot from it. Even if you get the challenge completed the prize are crap. Besides that you need a lot o material and flask and also a lot of energy spent for each level if you somehow get the challenge finished if you are not in the first and you get just one normal hero token ( not even a epic one).Second thing is that you do not get any xp from the fights which is quite a downfall as you put a lot of energy and materials in those fights.the third thing is that the final 3 bosses from the advanced levels are way to overpowered, if you do not have any flask to dispel and to heal than you can say good bye to the fight. Dealing half of the 5 start hero life in just one hit is ■■■■■■■■ not to mention if you are lucky to hit the boss with more tiles in the same times after he used his special attack what do you know his mana is full again and he is hitting you one more time , and surprise on the same hero and from 2 moves one here is dead.But if is a miracle and somehow the hero survives no problems a second boss will finish him as from 5 heroes that the one they still pick. So i am stuck at the last boss but since all my materials are finished and cannot farm enough to make at least flask for dispel to have a chance in the last fight, i give up. Not worth investing anything in those challenges. Completely waste of time if your heroes are not fully ascended and takes ages to ascend heroes because to find a rare item what you need to ascend its really like winning the lottery.

Hey Evan

After reading your post (with good advice), had another go. The result was somewhere in between the cake-walk you describe and the impossibility that I laid out. I got my heroes nice and maxed at end of stage 2, and went in with full mana, and not having consumed any battle items. Had 5 healing and 5 mana, with 10 (small) antidote and arrows.

I eliminated 2 out of 3 of the bosses and had the 3rd down to under a quarter life when I lost my final hero - no more battle items remained. I had not made any massive mistakes… played carefully… and had a middling tile layout. Not too lucky, but not too bad either. This is on all 4* heroes and the best troops the event rules would allow (admittedly the troops weren’t at their max level for their star rating).

The heroes weren’t maxed (and this is the main reason I was doing the event - I need the bleeding ascension items). All were pretty much near level 60 with their last ascension level still to go.

The encounter was far too close - basically it was a wing and a prayer. If I had a stronger team I would have made it… but then probably wouldn’t have needed the ascension items. Otherwise would need a lucky run of tiles. You can’t count on that.

The result: I spent 75 Gems to continue so I could finish and get my Epic Troop summon, and couple of ascension items. The epic troop summon was a flipping 3* green - how wonderful.

Was it worth it… playing the best strategy I could with what I had at my disposal? No.

It’s an event that’s catered for those who have a stable of heroes that are sufficiently advanced that the rewards actually won’t make much difference to them. (Some may get lucky with their run of tiles… all good for them). So what’s the point?

Did I enjoy the experience? Not particularly. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it wasn’t so much to the wire, and didn’t need to blow 75 Gems to complete it… but hey, guess what… then I would not have needed the bleeding ascension items.

Ah well.