Challenge event upcoming

sorry cant find where the info is/should be .
what is the upcoming challenge event plz

got a feeling it maybe Camelot …but …

Pirates ofCorellía of course

ty , of course it it , is there a link to upcoming so i dont have to keep asking what they may be :slight_smile:

6 Likes

10th stage of rare, wih only heroes of 3 star or less allowed and it has THREE bosses in the boss level? Even with 3 healers on my team this is impossible. Just absolutely taking the p*ss.

try it with level 10+ troops

The limits are in place for what strength of troops you can use too, it’s like having yur hands tied behind your back!

I finished it with 2* level 3 troops.

Before stage 10 it was a breeze but stage 10 I finished with 1 hero standing. :sweat_smile:

It is called a Challenge Event - it is supposed to be difficult. :slightly_smiling_face:

Having just played more of these ‘challenge’ events, I think I’m honestly done with the game. It’s one thing to be a challenge, it’s another to fight through a bunch of ridiculously strong monsters only to come up against a boss that literally has an indefensible ability to kill my heroes one be one. It’s just turning the game into a waste of time that’s no longer a fun distraction.

I’d say it’s not as bad as that; I actually managed to complete 9 out of 10 Legendary levels with only 2 maxed 4* heroes and three 4* heroes who are merely at tier 3. Obviously, I cannot beat the last level with this lineup, but still I think the majority of levels are a fun distraction :wink:

You don’t like the challenges and, from other threads, you don’t like the raiding so it’s probably just not your thing?

Edit: I’m not saying this to be unkind. I’m just saying it seems like you don’t enjoy key aspects of the game. So unless you love your alliance, titan farming or the wars (shudder), it must be a big chore to play.

2 Likes

ive been playing nearly a year , its taken time to realise i needed built troops to do the events , my 2* troops are now level 10 the rare events are i find the hardest & epic the easier…
this time around i did the rare with
Y dawa,G friar tuck, B ulmer, R Jahingir & hawkmoon , all maxed with arrows red bear banner axes & heal potions
i used everything saving all the potions until the bosses & all specials charged , healing after the bosses attacks was the trick

some combos work better than others , some bad drops will wipe u, took me 3 goes of getting close to do it , the last time i did this event i was unprepared with troops & L10 was impossible for me.

2 Likes

No, for me this event is literally the straw that broke the camel’s back. I’ve just spent half an hour playing the game during which I was getting annoyed by a titan attack where I could not get critical or combo hits because the board layout just wasn’t playing along (honestly one of the most frustrating boards i’ve played).

I llost 6 raids in a row due to a mix of board luck and enemies with teams loaded with overpowered healers, and have been stuck on the same level of the main game for a week unable to advance any further. Also, 3 days to build and upgrade my keep, meaning I can’t do anything else with it until then unless I buy another builder.

It’s made me realise how much this game IS pay to win, and unless I put some serious money into it - liike hundreds, which I’m not willing to do - then I’m better off finding something else to spend my time, and my money, on.

or maybe you are curently trying to bat above your level.
drop some trophy raid wise , lower a defence team by 3-500 and instead of attacking on rwaids take advantage of the raid revenge system

, i was stuck raiding , finding it frustrating re rolling trying to find decent matches at platinum level. dropped my defence team from 3500 to 3000
loads then raided me many @2800-3200 levels.
no food rerolls , cherry picked the teams to attack & get the chests , re raise defence3 to 3500 until the chest relights & gave up wasting time hunting raid targets

1 Like

I think people have discussed with you before that bad boards happen, but they’re not as common as you think. If you were going to stick with the game I’d suggest recording your titans and looking to see where, under time pressure, you’ve made sub-optimal choices.

As for raiding, it’s also been discussed with you that attackers have a lot of advantages. Yes, it’s harder when you’re new and you don’t have so many heroes to choose from. My son has a brand new account raiding with 3s and 2s (~1500 team power), and even with <300 cups he still meets teams with 4* and 5*. Last night he rolled a 3300+ power team. But he doesn’t fail 6 in a row. He suffers mostly because he can’t afford to re-roll. So we roll a raid, and if it’s a godawful opponent, he picks a revenge instead which is essentially a free re-roll. Or he eats the loss.

So as I said, I think you don’t enjoy the game enough to want to learn how to play better. And that’s not an insult. I’m sure we can all play better… Today I made 4 terrible titan hits :wink:

1 Like

It rather depends on how you like to game. This is a game that needs patience and time. Imstarted a year ago. Took me 4 months to be able to finish the epic tier, and 1 month more to finish legendary. Both were beaten with 4* heroes, just about 2 of them maxed. And a lot of crafts. I never bothered to rush ad finish the map as I knew there was not anything special about finishing it. Farmed and farmed and built the stronghold ( most of that time a second builder was not available). I did spend money, but it was not a fortune, just a monthly sum for entretainment, but have many in my alliance who have not spent a cent and they are doing fine.
I do agree that bad boards are discouraging, but like everything, it is a matter of what distracts you.
Some people want prompt and palpable results, this game is not suitable for them. Personally I get bored with instant or short term gratification very quickly, hence E&P suits me, just find out what kind of gamer you are

1 Like

Joan did you get to stage 10?? Don’t let it go to waste. Use axes arrows and bombs, 5 of each.
Go through the minions levels and charge all your specials. Get to the boss level with all heroes fully healed and fully charged (ghost tiles on minions stage to fill your healers).
On the 3 bosses, release your defense debuffer (Grimm, Gormek, Falcon, jackal, whoever you brought) and damage specials like Sonya Caedmon etc. keeping the healers full.
Then let go all 5 of each item, arrows, axes and bombs (I suppose you don’t have dragon attack yet but if you do it’s gane over for the bosses).
After your specials and the 15 items the bosses should have about 20% of life and you all full and with healers charged. Just manage the final board and kill them.
I’m rooting for you, let me know if you pull it off.

1 Like

Thank you for the great advice. I was surprised I managed to complete the first 9 stages of Legendary, but the last one is apparently too much for for me. I am not annoyed, though, I am patient enough to wait for the next time the Pirates shiver me timbers :wink:

I only have a fairly humble lineup (actually, I have a few 5* heroes, but they are still at 1/40 through 2/20, so not up to the challenge), Little John 3/50 - maxed Gormek - maxed Kiril - Caedmon 3/60 - Wu Kong 3/45, and I don’t think I can beat three bosses at Legendary level.

My other healer is Sabina, at 4/20, but using her in a purple reflect event is not the grandest idea. I have ades, arrows, and bombs - I also have exactly 5 dragon attacks I have won from various elemental chests. If I had a realistic chance to beat the bosses, it would be worth using them, but I don’t want them to go to waste. (For the next event I will be able to bring more of them, because I am just about to do level 16 research in my alpha forge.)

I have slight problems getting over minions levels without wasting healing/managed potions…

I really appreciate the splendid and detailed advice, but I think I can’t realistically pull it off this time around.

1 Like

Thank you for the great advice. I was surprised I managed to complete the first 9 stages of Legendary, but the last one is apparently too much for for me. I am not annoyed, though, I am patient enough to wait for the next time the Pirates shiver me timbers :wink:

I only have a fairly humble lineup (actually, I have a few 5* heroes, but they are still at 1/40 through 2/20, so not up to the challenge), Little John 3/50 - maxed Gormek - maxed Kiril - Caedmon 3/60 - Wu Kong 3/45, and I don’t think I can beat three bosses at Legendary level.

My other healer is Sabina, at 4/20, but using her in a purple reflect event is not the grandest idea. I have ades, arrows, and bombs - I also have exactly 5 dragon attacks I have won from various elemental chests. If I had a realistic chance to beat the bosses, it would be worth using them, but I don’t want them to go to waste. (For the next event I will be able to bring more of them, because I am just about to do level 16 research in my alpha forge.)

I have slight problems getting over minions levels without wasting healing/managed potions…

I really appreciate the splendid and detailed advice, but I think I can’t realistically pull it off this time around.