Chakkoszrot – 5* Dark / Purple - August 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

That is exactly what I was trying to say.

Either he has to be AVERAGE mana or SLOW but his SPECIAL has to be better (may be without condition of dispellable mana buffs) so he can catch even the elemental links or even always just straight mana generation reduction. Perhaps a higher percentage on the mana reduction.

We have Little John and he is SLOW, with mana generation slow and not overpowered.

On the other side Mist is not very durable but at FAST speed on raid attack most of the time she will most likely survive long enough to fire and that is a big advantage for the attacking team.

After that the battle is usually most likely over.

On raid defense Mist usually helps too (even when 5 star teams are playing) a bit because the attacker has to target her and kill her or risk potential problems and this saves the other heroes from sniper shots in the beginning of the battle.

This HOTM is SLOW (may be average but with conditions again) and there is condition on the mana generation ailment so really bad for raid defense.

On raid attack he has to be charged (mostly SLOW which is annoying) and wait for the right moment which is bad because 5 star battles usually go fast.

People say he will be good together with Grimble against Sif tank with Berra and Freya flanks.

OK but if Sif special is already active you have to wait otherwise reflected damage may kill him or Grimble because they both are AOE attackers. Meanwhile Bera and Freya minions will inflict damage.

If someone uses Sif, Bera and Freya, the other 2 heroes in the team must be snipers (there is no point of using healers with heavy minion makers) otherwise the team will not be viable. By the time the right moment comes half of the attacking heroes will be dead.

May be it will be worth it to catch Sif on the last turn of mana buff and even if this HOTM kills himself the sacrifice may be worth it since it will slow down the enemy team a lot.

Yes, but defense teams charge faster and with mana buff they will charge even faster.

That means you will be waiting to catch them on the second (if not third) run.

Is your team going to survive that long?

The scary part about mana generation buffs is somewhat like very fast tournament.

In VF tournaments, If you get a cascade tile in the wrong moment but can not kill off defense heroes your team charges but the defense team charges as well and then your team gets killed before they can use special skills and you lose with fully charged team.

I hope stacks are considered dispellable mana generation buff.

Then he could be useful against the new Slayers heroes.

Does anyone know if the stacks are affected by this HOTM mana generation ailment?

Most likely they wouldn’t, but we will see it in the live game.

Does anyone know if “mana buff per status ailment” mean you get +24% mana generation for each status ailment? So defense down + attack down nets a 48% mana generation increase?

No, they does not add up, but the duration resets when the hero receive a new ailment.
Let’s assume that you get a defense down status ailment, then you get a +24 mana generation for 4 turns.
Two turns later when this hero gets a status ailment, then the +24% mana generation duration is reset to 4 from 2.

I run a very similar team already, but Ametrine instead of Chakky. It has a very high success rate, and tile dumping into Bera and/or Freya almost always gets the 9 required purple tiles in time. Sif is a tricky one as you can’t dispel her otherwise you lose the mana flip however I will bring Lord Loki to steal Sif’s power and protect Chakky when he specials, and there should be a healer ready straight after that. I have done that with Grimble in the past and it works, and in fact if his health is high he won’t kill himself on Sif’s shield anyway as his damage output is relatively low. With Chakky I think you would definitely have to protect him.

Not for my teams and my playstyle

Sometimes but often the other 2 are something like Elizabeth and Cobalt. Cobalt is not a threat at 5 tiles and probably won’t charge 10 tiles’ worth in time. Elizabeth is just not a threat as long as you have a heal ready. Again, with a minion summoner as tile dump, the scenario you outlined above almost never happens

2 Likes

Take a look on the Slayers heroes. Noril is Nordri, Maeve is Russula, Cathal is Killhare…

Don’t most of the S1 heroes have the same animation? It’s the circle with the three snakes in the middle animation.

1 Like

I have a feeling this batch of hotms’ healing bonus was meant to synergize with the slayers stack HOT. What a coincidence that a family that can heal every turn is featured at the same time as these hotms

I’ll be interested to see what people think when he has been more widely tested in game play. I haven’t pulled him yet, but I looked at his card and thought: ‘Nah!’ But a number of you seem to think he will be very useful and somebody in my alliance did too. I look forward to finding out what people think in a few months time.

OK. I got him.

I do not have Grimble, but have tons of tabards.

Hopefully he has any good use.

tested this this weekend: Elizabeth’s fiends DO inflict the mana degeneration debuff, and it does NOT get converted to a mana generation buff from the innate ability.

have yet to see a defense with Mist to test it out. maybe i’ll put him on my defense and ask an alliance mate with Mist to friendly battle me.

EDIT: Mist’s card lists the buff immunity ailment first, so i expect that Chakkoszrot won’t be able to receive his mana generation passive once Mist’s -64% mana generation is applied.

3 Likes

My opinion on him:

Being slow nowadays means you either need to hit hard or have a unique, meaningful secondary effect.

Chak doesn’t hit hard. In fact, he is below some average heroes. Being slow, your hit is often a last resort to turn the tables. He won’t turn the tables hitting all for 250 hp.

Secondary effect is very situational. Defensively useless (can easily build a team without mana buffers to attack him), offensively only worthwhile against certain heroes. That crosses him out of titan teams, farming teams etc. He’s basically just a counter to a few mana buffers out there; and yes, Sif and Odin are popular nowadays so he could have a say there… Problem is those cards are either average or fast, and before Chak is ready with his voodoo their buffs may have already done damage beyond repair. Being ready just in time for them is practically impossible; and even if - there are other cards available who would do the job better having the same mana luxury. Same applies to his buff prevention - although nice perk nowadays, as said earlier, at slow he won’t prevent the first round of buffs and they are the ones you’d want to avoid the most. Onyx makes Chak look funny.

Granted, the passive ability is there to give him a free mana buff early on and turn him into average but even if the enemy has an ailment minigun such as Bera, that only kicks in few turns into the match. Maybe you are lucky that enemy Barbarian or Sorcerer will proc on you… but if you are lucky Yang Mai will hit 4 times, and we well know most often you are not.

On top of that, SG was completely deaf to the beta feedback that this round of Elemental Link is utter garbage compared to pretty much all the previous ones. So there it is, the link doesn’t help him at all. Should he have the Malicna’s one that would maybe up his grade a bit. For now, I would consider him a card that you max up when you are bored of using all your Killhares or Onyxes and want to play few matches differently, having sick satisfaction when you pull off that mana trick on poor Odin. So in other words, if you have like 6+ purples maxed, all the jobs covered, sit on extra Tabards and think what the hell.

9 Likes

Thanks for testing it out :+1:

No, DISPELL is to remove something that existed so it does not exist any more.

This skill replaces the mana generation bull (dispellable only) with mana generation ailment. But in fact the buff is still there, only the percentage is fliped from +24% to -54% so no violation of the resistance to buff dispell rule.

For example Mist flips everything Brynhild buffs.

This HOTM mana generation ailment should go through, even worse if Brynhild charges again in the next 4 turns there will be 4 turns NO buffs (buff prevention skill) before she can cast buffs again.

The lizard downfall is the SLOW mana generation speed.

you’re welcome!

also following up, an alliance mate tested it for me, and we can confirm that Chakkoszrot does suffer the -64% mana degeneration ailment from Mist because her buff immunity procs first on the card.

3 Likes

I won’t bore you with the tl;dr story of my perpetually sucky luck in this game. Summary is I had 5 unmaxed non-S1, non-dupe legendaries in my roster.

Owl, Thorne with costume (leveling but he won’t replace anyone in my blue squad so not sure he’ll get scopes) and recently acquired Malicna (March hotm), Seshat (Atlantis in May) and Hel from HA10 last month. And currently have 5 tabards. Will probably pry open the wallet and buy the valor pass just to get that freaking tabard.

So the last thing I wanted was another purple legendary. I said I wasn’t going to do any summons this month because with my luck I would get Chakk.

I did one bleeping summon in August. One!!!

Saved the rest of my earned challenge coins for next month or I would probably get another one :upside_down_face:

Seems like a lot of meh heroes turn out to be useful once they come out, players find an unforeseen synergy. But pretty sure this guy is 4th in line for tabards, which gets him maxed in 2024… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

This guy would be a lot more useful if he was average speed. Maybe decrease his dmg to ~180-200% at average speed with the rest of his abilities. Then he might actually be useful against defenses with Bera flanked by Odin. As well as Krampus, BK, cKad flanks.

1 Like

Can this guy flip slayers heroes stacked mana buff?