Censorship of English slang words

Why is English the only language that is censored for cursing?

Perhaps because English is the language of the game.

Depends on the language for the alliance. If you change it to French, French curse words will be censored etc etc

3 Likes

Not true. I’ve tested that in several languages.

1 Like

We’ve found it to be true?

If our language is set to German, German swear words are censored. A lot of alliances use the Swedish language and the word fan is censored.

What languages have you tried?

3 Likes

French, Spanish, Polish and Indonesian so far.

I believe that Small Giant is based in Finland.

We can curse in other languages when our language is set to English. We used to be able to change our language setting to other language so that we could curse in English, but that doesn’t work anymore.

I googled that, Serbian? What language setting would that be?

Can’t you use swear words by leaving a letter out and putting a space or line or asterisk there? I see that in comment sections frequently.

1 Like

I think that will have to be the solution for some of us that are being censored, but it still doesn’t answer the question.

1 Like

I think this has come up recently in the forum, so I wonder if something had changed? Perhaps it’s only affecting recent selections?

1 Like

At one point, they even use Indonesian slang word as emblem class in Indonesian language… :joy:

They changed it after I put in complaint ticket.

3 Likes

I curse like a sailor. Everyone in our alliance is an adult. Treat us as such. Because some people don’t like swear words, you punish alliances that have no issue with it. Ourb alliance had been together for 1.5 years to 2 years and we get censored when we don’t want to be. Don’t like an alliance that swears… Leave. Go fund a family friendly alliance, but don’t punish ADULTS. What I find funny about this game. Swear words are a no no, but gambling is A-OK with them… Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Sounds interesting. Please elaborate. I am always interested in other languages. I find slang to be quite fascinating. I’m not a ‘dirty word’ person, but I am a fan of my American 1st amendment to free speech.

1 Like

I am
Against censoring free speech.

1 Like

Just a guess…many English slang words are used worldwide. hence they might be censored in other languages as well…e.g. in German we also say the “F”-word…

1 Like

I agree with you. Gambling is a tough thing to resist when playing this game, so I should have the right to say whatever the ■■■■ I want when I get a bunch of dawas on a ten pull!

4 Likes

Here it is:

1 Like

We tested a few different language settings and found one that allows English swears so just go trial and error. My alliance is 18+ and invite only so no reason people shouldn’t be able to express how they want to imo.

1 Like

Cookie Settings