Censoring can go too far

I’m not offended by bad language, I just find it tiring. There are so many other ways to express yourself and by keeping your most potent swear words for really important outbursts, it gives them more credence.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I agree. Which is why I rarely use the words in real life… unless I’m really legitimately angry, or if the people around me are overusing the words as part of their everyday vernacular (occasionally one must temporarily adapt to the culture in order to be accepted by them, I learned this from Jane Goodall) :wink:

Usually when I’m using profanity on here, it’s meant in a joking manner, trying to make light of the situation and the words themselves. But I can definitely try to clean it up if it’s giving anyone the impression that I’m unrefined or unintelligent. I am unrefined and unintelligent, but I don’t want to make it so blatantly obvious. :grin:

3 Likes

This is why I never say " to whom are you referring?"

I always say " who are you talking about?"

:grin::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not particularly good at most things, but I am good at pretending to be good at them. I learn from watching and imitating others. I’ve managed to pass myself off as both a sophisticated socialite with an advanced degree, as well as a grade school dropout with mad street skillz yo.

2 Likes

Yall need to shut the front door and go suck a gigantic lemon.

1 Like

I find in real life my most profanity-laden outbursts tend to coincide with bad boards when raiding.

3 Likes

It does seem a bit ridiculous when S H 17 gets censored when it’s an actual game term.

3 Likes

I have never sworn in game chat at all. I have no idea what my alliance counterparts find acceptable and wouldn’t want to make people uncomfortable.

1 Like

One of my alliancemates had to beg off last weekend’s war because he was going deer hunting. I asked him if he was going to make any venison jerky.

it posted as “venison ***y”

Anyone else find any truly random censored words in the game?

2 Likes

One of our alliance mates had the same issue with noting a jerk chicken he made.

Apparently “Z hit(s)” is censored even though we were writing it as Zephyr’s hits on a titan or war or something.

3 Likes

I tried to abbreviate stronghold-17. You know, how you might abbreviate stronghold-16 as “SH16”? well, using that convention for stronghold-17 makes it look vaguely like a common swear in English, and apparently that gets censored. I mean, come ON guys. That’s silly. I know we can set it to another country, but we shouldn’t have to do that.

3 Likes

Yea well you can all shut the front door!

1 Like

german is a good one if you want to use swear words :+1:
Is knob jockey censored on here?
Edit - no

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be censored in the game either, just tried it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What’s your alliance language?

English :us: :uk:

1 Like

Now I curious as to which of your alliance mates you directed your experiment…

I’m just glad the “English” dictionary they’re using seems to be pretty much exclusively American as there’s a few choice words from other parts of the Anglosphere you can have fun with that slip right on through.

2 Likes

No one in particular, so I’m sure @voidstrike will assume it was for him. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

For good measure… @MysterySpin

6 Likes