Censoring can go too far

I’m trying to tell the team when attack will be.

In Dutch five is vijf…

4 Likes

To avoid the censor, just ******. This will prevent any future problems for you.

5 Likes

If you change your language flag to another country (Japan perhaps), you should be able to avoid the censors.

7 Likes

Did you really say five??!

I’m going to have to flag myself for such an utterance :zipper_mouth_face:

7 Likes

At least it wasn’t six. :open_mouth: Six is a forbidden topic that good and proper people don’t discuss in mixed company!

6 Likes

As a fellow dutchie and not in his alliance I can confirm that 5 is one of the ridiculous words that is censored in our language. There are some more examples…

4 Likes

Five comes before six, and six is hardly a fitting conversation for the dinner table! Wicked child!
images

12 Likes

Apologies! Please don’t feed me to seven! I heard what he did to nine! :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

Word kuusi is also censored. Here you can see some naughty meanings.

finnish-is-a-great-language-the-spruce-is-on-fire-19333039

6 Likes

I’m shocked at this language and surprised it didn’t get censored :joy:

2 Likes

Five seems selfish…

Seven, on the other hand, is quite giving.

10 Likes

I see what you did there… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smile:

3 Likes

Does that say “Your six is on fire”??? Reminds me of a song? Or something you’d say to the guy with the flamethrower during war.

3 Likes

This.

It can get a bit ridiculous to express oneself.

Alliance chats should be a censorship free zone. Alliance leaders should be able to set clan standards.

1 Like

I am co-leader and sometimes teacher in my alliance.
I keep my own comments G rated because we have some young players and it is more my style anyway (you probably knew that…).

Today, after 5 attempts at encouraging my alliance to A*SoSoSESS their opponent before attacking, I was finally able to get the message through without censorship. So it was my asOsUmption this evening that I could throw caution to the wind and describe Seshat (sounds censorable to me!) as badass.

Oops. Sorry. ROFL

:bouquet:

6 Likes

Assume, assiduous, assure…

1 Like

A…ssess. Assess 20charassters

1 Like

The Forum’s Sargeant at arms is not as rigid as Alliance Chat’s

2 Likes

One way to bypass the filter is to change your alliance’s language. But then you’ll have other random words getting censored because they’re considered profanity in other languages. :grin:

I do respect your desire to avoid profanity though, that is very mature and also very important when you’ve got little ones in the midst. I hope you don’t take any offense to my occasionally profanity-laden posts, I’ve just spent a bit too much time around beer swilling sailors, truck drivers, and construction workers and such. :grin:

4 Likes

No offense taken @TGW! We are all warriors after all!
:bouquet: :crossed_swords: :beers:

1 Like