Cennius recasts on dead enemies

Cennius often recasts on dead enemies, and the living ones stay with no damage dealt to them. I used him in tournament battles and having him recast only once on someone already dead was not fun. He did not produce an additional recast to make up for it either, so having a chance of a recast not hitting anyone makes this bird much weaker. As per the wording on the card, after a successful cast a new random target should be chosen for a recast so clearly that shouldn’t be the dead one.
Screen_Recording_20240709_215213

1 Like

Targets are all chosen at the time the special is cast. Shouldn’t work that way by the text on the card.

3 Likes

Been seeing the same thing in raiding. Recast hits a defeated enemy and claps in the air of nothing

1 Like

It would be nice in this situation
and apply the rule of “Turkish strike” (checkers). But where is the SG and where are the rules…

1 Like

i agree this seems bugged and not nice to se hero cast special skill on dead enemy, just no sense

The enemy is only considered dead after the special skill is done and not during it, so the entire title is misleading and it’s not a bug.
Also there are a few other heroes that do extra hits with their specials (Tweedles, Alfrike) and they work the same if their special description doesn’t include ‘random different enemy’

1 Like

No, because neither Tweedles or Alfrike have the word “Recast” in their special skill description. This bird literally has “After a successfull cast, has a 100% chance to recast on a random target”. After my successful cast the enemy is dead so there should be no chance to choose them for the recast once again.

2 Likes

You are worried about him casting on dead cards. I am worried that he is recasting even after he is dead. Now that is a bug. But i understand that his recast is a buff, and the recasting algorithm is determined at the beginning of the turn. So it will hit the targets it has calibrated at the beginning.
WhatsApp Video 2024-07-13 at 01.34.18_060a8bb5 00_00_00-00_00_30~1

1 Like

I have noticed this as well. Why can’t someone from SG just communicate and say “yes” it’s supposed to work like this or not? Is it that hard?

1 Like