PROBLEM : if you are more than a year into game, you have more and more heroes, who may be leveled, but dont get opportunity to showcase their skills, simply of game not giving them a fitting role.
War takes most of the champions (30), but no other daily or weekly event offers that.
Ninja tower is every two months or Tavern
New building : Trading centre (yeah yeah, nothing new, but wait!) (stronghold lvl 26!)
there is no real trading going on (otherwise SG would already implement it)
it offers caravans going from town to town protection (heroes either attacking or defending caravans)
Each second level of Trading centre increases possible caravans by 1 (max 5) or possible set ambushes (max 5 combined) / 5 daily
Each caravan can be accompanied by your heroes (set as defense team) // caravan getting to desired destination sucessfully earns you a reward. Multilple defenses of same caravan increases rewards.
Premium feature from lvl 8 of trading centre (invest 50 gems to accompany most prized caravan which is usually rare to come by - chance of bigger rewards) - once a day)
The higher the lvl of trading centre, the better is option to buy food or iron crate and bigger stash of it - requires gems) You can only hold the amount of crates created here equal to the tradin centre level
Rewards from COMPLETING CARAVAN route are in tokens, coins, gems, keys of all kinds (for summoning)
- Each caravan has a desired team power of heroes . Not providing enough team power means, they look for services elsewere
- Each caravan has a set timer, how long their trip will be (from 4-24 hours) // rewards increases with caravan time, team power requirement and special caravans
- There can be special caravans (like from Valhalla, Atlantis , Pirates etc,…) which provides significantly bigger rewards than normal ones and appropriate coins for summoning from their portal.
- During caravan travels, the heroes you sent on a trip arent available for use elsewere!! (you have to manage your roster a bit!)
- Defending caravans is more stable in generating coins than ambushes, provides some rewards anyway of the result and has lower celling of max generated tokens
- Defending heroes have increased health, defense by 20% and small HP regeneration each round
- Cleanse also clears caravan wagons ailments. Caravan cant get healed in any way, but can be a part of share dmg buff (while this improves the grade of Aegir, Wilbur and other share dmg heroes, it can also trick you . While caravan is normally immune to def down ailment, if it has shared dmg and you reduce defense of guards, caravan will get injured more than normally
- Only other available buffs for caravan is counter attack (besides shared dmg) and elemental def up ( Kashhrek, Agwe Sanngrior , Boomer ,…)
-Caravan is also defending themselves with arrows, catapults, fireballs, poison on its own each round
- Each dead guard increases damage to caravan by 10%
- Mindless attack of guard can hurt caravan
- You can set your heroes to ambush enemy caravans (max 5 set ambushes)
- Ambushed heroes come into battle with increased mana (10% for very fast heroes - 30% Very Slow) and their mana is filled to same extent after casting special // More ways to promote slower heroes - their new role besides VF wars will now be with being master ambusher
- Your goal is not to defeat enemy heroes (but gives you a slight bonus in reward), but to damage caravan to a certain threshold before time runs out (caravan escapes)
- Succesfully destroying caravan gives you bigger rewards in coins, tokens, gems, keys (summoning stuff) and food and iron crates (which arent included in defending caravans). Failing in defeating caravan leaves you EMPTY!!!
- Caravan cargo is immune to status ailments other than damage over time (sand, burn, bleed, water, frost, poision) // to Give heroes such as Azlar , Oberon etc place to shine!)
- Ambushing heroes also need required team power to participate and are also unavailable for the time of traveling caravan (again some managing needed, which game lacks, so you need to expect what to field for war otherwise its better to send weaker team for caravan or let one caravan go…)
- You are making matches with tiles, but tiles DONT DO DMG to heroes or caravan. ONLY SPELLS DO!!! AGAIN you must hit certain threshold of dmg for Caravan to disband and run for their lives, leaving treasure to you.
- You see the ‘‘traffic lights’’ in the top left side? If you cast spell at the same time, the lowest element turns into diamond (green in picture), your spell deals a bit of extra dmg! // You can wait to time it every time you wish to cast spell, but you are also throwing away precious time for Caravan to run away Decide!
What this feature provides! :
- a bit of time management of your roster (NEW)
- option of SAFER vs RISKIER approach (NEW? I cant think of any feature directly promoting riskier playstyle)
- Safer option also doesnt burden you with more playtime if you dont wish to… Just send your heroes on a trip and earn some coins on the side
- Bench warmers can now be really great addition!
- It promotes current less favourite heroes in this META
- It provides SG with more revenue options and promotes players to aim also for such heroes
- It promotes either rainbow set of heroes or mono heroes with Elemental links (to maximize spell dmg from all the bonuses)
LETS GO SG!
edit / Caravans travel trough different regions. Depending on region type, heroes from that element deal increased attack and defense … example : icy region = ice heroes stat increase (( so caravans also have some additional rules, that each caravan wouldnt necesarrily consist of same heroes.
edit 2 / some caravans wish to be more secretive, so they only accept 3* heroes (or lower) to not attract attention (lotr reference). So ambushes are also set by 3*. A way to include also 3* heroes
edit 3 : additional info for better understanding :
- Best heroes on average for raiding caravans arent snipers but area dmg dealers. Forgot to explain better (only in my mind) that caravan consists of multiple parts/ wagons (lets say 3-5)
Besides, Area dmg heroes can also hurt defending heroes and earn you bonus rewards
- About tile dmg I wanted them to do 0 dmg for next reasons (they are meant only to generate mana)
- since its ambush, heroes dont actually have other ‘‘troops’’ along (from roleplaying view)/ same with defending heroes - it would slow down caravan significantly
- focus on tile dmg is already done for Titans, where dmg spells dont have as significant effect. Caravan thus offers different style of playing and different approaches. In some sense, bigger cascades dont help as much if your heroes are already filled with mana.
- Pair up system works in favour of defenders. You set for defense as high as you can spare ( unless caravan before trip sets max team power - if they wish to travel more in secrecy - under such occasion, ambushing heroes are also weaker (see main post again at the end) …But ambushing heroes can decide which caravan to ambush, similar to raids (spend 1500 food to wait for some other caravan). Difference with raids and caravan ambushes is, that you only have limited amount of rerolls. On average, ambushing caravans is more riskier and harder to do, but offers bigger rewards.