CARAVAN raiding - put to use many bench heroes - NEW FEATURE

Do you want this feature in game?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

PROBLEM : if you are more than a year into game, you have more and more heroes, who may be leveled, but dont get opportunity to showcase their skills, simply of game not giving them a fitting role.

War takes most of the champions (30), but no other daily or weekly event offers that.
Ninja tower is every two months or Tavern

Solution :

New building : Trading centre (yeah yeah, nothing new, but wait!) (stronghold lvl 26!)

• there is no real trading going on (otherwise SG would already implement it)

• it offers caravans going from town to town protection (heroes either attacking or defending caravans)

• Each second level of Trading centre increases possible caravans by 1 (max 5) or possible set ambushes (max 5 combined) / 5 daily

• Each caravan can be accompanied by your heroes (set as defense team) // caravan getting to desired destination sucessfully earns you a reward. Multilple defenses of same caravan increases rewards.

• Premium feature from lvl 8 of trading centre (invest 50 gems to accompany most prized caravan which is usually rare to come by - chance of bigger rewards) - once a day)

• The higher the lvl of trading centre, the better is option to buy food or iron crate and bigger stash of it - requires gems) You can only hold the amount of crates created here equal to the tradin centre level

• Rewards from COMPLETING CARAVAN route are in tokens, coins, gems, keys of all kinds (for summoning)

DEFENSE

• Each caravan has a desired team power of heroes . Not providing enough team power means, they look for services elsewere
  • Each caravan has a set timer, how long their trip will be (from 4-24 hours) // rewards increases with caravan time, team power requirement and special caravans
  • There can be special caravans (like from Valhalla, Atlantis , Pirates etc,…) which provides significantly bigger rewards than normal ones and appropriate coins for summoning from their portal.
  • During caravan travels, the heroes you sent on a trip arent available for use elsewere!! (you have to manage your roster a bit!)
  • Defending caravans is more stable in generating coins than ambushes, provides some rewards anyway of the result and has lower celling of max generated tokens
  • Defending heroes have increased health, defense by 20% and small HP regeneration each round
  • Cleanse also clears caravan wagons ailments. Caravan cant get healed in any way, but can be a part of share dmg buff (while this improves the grade of Aegir, Wilbur and other share dmg heroes, it can also trick you . While caravan is normally immune to def down ailment, if it has shared dmg and you reduce defense of guards, caravan will get injured more than normally :wink:
    -Caravan is also defending themselves with arrows, catapults, fireballs, poison on its own each round
  • Each dead guard increases damage to caravan by 10%
  • Mindless attack of guard can hurt caravan

AMBUSHES :

• You can set your heroes to ambush enemy caravans (max 5 set ambushes)
  • Ambushed heroes come into battle with increased mana (10% for very fast heroes - 30% Very Slow) and their mana is filled to same extent after casting special // More ways to promote slower heroes - their new role besides VF wars will now be with being master ambusher :slight_smile:
  • Your goal is not to defeat enemy heroes (but gives you a slight bonus in reward), but to damage caravan to a certain threshold before time runs out (caravan escapes)
  • Succesfully destroying caravan gives you bigger rewards in coins, tokens, gems, keys (summoning stuff) and food and iron crates (which arent included in defending caravans). Failing in defeating caravan leaves you EMPTY!!!
  • Caravan cargo is immune to status ailments other than damage over time (sand, burn, bleed, water, frost, poision) // to Give heroes such as Azlar , Oberon etc place to shine!)
  • Ambushing heroes also need required team power to participate and are also unavailable for the time of traveling caravan (again some managing needed, which game lacks, so you need to expect what to field for war otherwise its better to send weaker team for caravan or let one caravan go…)
  • You are making matches with tiles, but tiles DONT DO DMG to heroes or caravan. ONLY SPELLS DO!!! AGAIN you must hit certain threshold of dmg for Caravan to disband and run for their lives, leaving treasure to you.
  • You see the ‘‘traffic lights’’ in the top left side? If you cast spell at the same time, the lowest element turns into diamond (green in picture), your spell deals a bit of extra dmg! // You can wait to time it every time you wish to cast spell, but you are also throwing away precious time for Caravan to run away :wink: Decide!

What this feature provides! :

• a bit of time management of your roster (NEW)
  • option of SAFER vs RISKIER approach (NEW? I cant think of any feature directly promoting riskier playstyle)
  • Safer option also doesnt burden you with more playtime if you dont wish to… Just send your heroes on a trip and earn some coins on the side :wink:
  • Bench warmers can now be really great addition!
  • It promotes current less favourite heroes in this META
  • It provides SG with more revenue options and promotes players to aim also for such heroes
  • It promotes either rainbow set of heroes or mono heroes with Elemental links (to maximize spell dmg from all the bonuses)

LETS GO SG! :slight_smile:

edit / Caravans travel trough different regions. Depending on region type, heroes from that element deal increased attack and defense … example : icy region = ice heroes stat increase (( so caravans also have some additional rules, that each caravan wouldnt necesarrily consist of same heroes.

edit 2 / some caravans wish to be more secretive, so they only accept 3* heroes (or lower) to not attract attention (lotr reference). So ambushes are also set by 3*. A way to include also 3* heroes :slight_smile:

edit 3 : additional info for better understanding :

1. Best heroes on average for raiding caravans arent snipers but area dmg dealers. Forgot to explain better (only in my mind) that caravan consists of multiple parts/ wagons (lets say 3-5)
    Besides, Area dmg heroes can also hurt defending heroes and earn you bonus rewards
  2. About tile dmg I wanted them to do 0 dmg for next reasons (they are meant only to generate mana)
  • since its ambush, heroes dont actually have other ‘‘troops’’ along (from roleplaying view)/ same with defending heroes - it would slow down caravan significantly
  • focus on tile dmg is already done for Titans, where dmg spells dont have as significant effect. Caravan thus offers different style of playing and different approaches. In some sense, bigger cascades dont help as much if your heroes are already filled with mana.
  1. Pair up system works in favour of defenders. You set for defense as high as you can spare ( unless caravan before trip sets max team power - if they wish to travel more in secrecy - under such occasion, ambushing heroes are also weaker (see main post again at the end) …But ambushing heroes can decide which caravan to ambush, similar to raids (spend 1500 food to wait for some other caravan). Difference with raids and caravan ambushes is, that you only have limited amount of rerolls. On average, ambushing caravans is more riskier and harder to do, but offers bigger rewards.

This is both creative and an interesting way to enhance value of bench strength.

It might also provide a separate ranking of best caravan attackers / defenders of a given day.

Would the heroes who are out raiding or defending be unavailable to use for other attacks or defenses while they’re stalking / protecting the caravan?

1 Like

Glad you like it :slight_smile: Yes, they are unavailable so you must manage roster a bit. You can only do a certain number of travels/ ambushes daily ( half of your building lvl at max 5) , so you can wait for smaller trips with less coins if your bench is shorter :slight_smile:

It’s sounds pretty creative, but way too complicated for my old mind to try and get behind. I’d much rather see something similar, where, when in Caravan, you can’t re-use your same heroes over a fixed number of pvp battles, with rewards for the most wins, or even event style scoring based upon time and health of your heroes remaining.

I understand :slight_smile: But if you take away timer (caravan is travelling for 16 hours and 27 mins for example), you dont feel penalized really.
Do you mean pvp battles as wars? If thats a yes, then that could work to a degree… but on other hand it forces player to do wars, otherwise he cant use caravans?

I dont think its that hard even if you are ‘‘toooldforthis’’ :slight_smile:

Caravan info :
Travel time : 14h 44 mins
Request team power : 3700 or more
Region : forest (nature) // nature heroes get slight boost to attack def
Do you wish to accompany this caravan for fixed payment of : 1 costume chamber key, 4 valhalla tokens, 6 atlantis tokens, 1 challenge coin and 3 gems?

Yes? / I i will wait for some other caravan

Interesting concept, as long as caravans can work for 3*, 4*, or 5* heroes since they are locked up it would give issues for war or ninja events so maybe just unable to reuse for a week is best kind of like war or TOL, it would still require some roster management with a long locked window and if you can’t use those heroes attacking caravans as well.

You can use cursed heroes from Ninja portal for caravans :slight_smile:
Quite a big point of caravans is 1) using bench and 2) roster managing, so it shouldnt be too easy on a player :slight_smile: if you can afford to send heroes to protect or ambush , maybe next time :wink:

I can send like 40 4* but 5* a little more limited lol

1 Like

Heh, I cant send any maxxed hero :slight_smile:

The idea is great. But, hey, why no one is voting for it?

1 Like

What does “bench hero” mean ?

So, the powerful ambushed heroes will still be sniper because the main damage is from skill and AoE skill isn’t useful to deal damage to the caravan.

However, there may be a problem that tiles don’t do damage. This will turn good board to bad board. The cascade will do nothing other than burn your time.

How does the pair up system work ?
It is possible to use maxed hero team for defense while you are sleeping. On the other hand, ambushed team may be unable to use maxed hero. This can cause the ambushed team to face too powerful ambushed team. There are also many minor problem, for example, when do the ambushed team find the defense team (and caravan) ? If the ambushed team automatically find the defense team (and caravan) while you playing raid, map stage or while you are logging out, what will happen ?

Really interesting idea and i see a lot of work went into it BUT, we have so many events as it is now already so i donth think we need another one which takes much time to do. If it would REPLACE that stupid ninja tower then Im all for it.

1 Like

Thank you for reading thoruoughly and bringing important questions! :slight_smile:

1. Best heroes on average for raiding caravans arent snipers but area dmg dealers. Forgot to explain better (only in my mind) that caravan consists of multiple parts/ wagons (lets say 3-5)
    Besides, Area dmg heroes can also hurt defending heroes and earn you bonus rewards

2. About tile dmg I wanted them to do 0 dmg for next reasons (they are meant only to generate mana)

• since its ambush, heroes dont actually have other ‘‘troops’’ along (from roleplaying view)/ same with defending heroes - it would slow down caravan significantly
  • focus on tile dmg is already done for Titans, where dmg spells dont have as significant effect. Caravan thus offers different style of playing and different approaches. In some sense, bigger cascades dont help as much if your heroes are already filled with mana.
  1. Pair up system works in favour of defenders. You set for defense as high as you can spare ( unless caravan before trip sets max team power - if they wish to travel more in secrecy - under such occasion, ambushing heroes are also weaker (see main post again at the end) …But ambushing heroes can decide which caravan to ambush, similar to raids (spend 1500 food to wait for some other caravan). Difference with raids and caravan ambushes is, that you only have limited amount of rerolls. On average, ambushing caravans is more riskier and harder to do, but offers bigger rewards.

I should update main post with these explanations. Did it help you in any way?

1 Like

I forgot to reply, what does ‘‘bench hero’’ means?

I used the term for a hero, who doesnt see much play for raids, wars and events.
A hero who is leveled, but when opportunity comes, he is more often than not left behind for better options.

This feature with caravans would promote such bench heroes , who are usually slower to cast or dont bring ailments who are currently popular. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, the caravan consists of multiple parts. However, I think splash attack is still better than AoE except caravan parts are in standard or reverse formation.

Do AoE deal damage to both caravan parts and defense heros if some of defense heros is still alive ?

So, the tile hit but do 0 damage. I think it is very hard to attack. It is like you attack raid without damage from tile and I think AoE hero will die before he/she can use skill on caravan parts.

Ok, each caravan will ask for minimum defense power. If you don’t have enough defense power, you can re-roll for new caravan to defense ?

The main problem is when the ambush team find caravan. So, you have set ambush teams (which will unavailable similar to defense team ?). Ambush teams will automatically find the caravan. My question is how long you have to wait ? 5 minutes ?

Another problem is if the ambush teams find caravan while you do something else, for example, play s3 map stage, how long you can wait after the ambush teams find caravan ?

And if the caravan finish before player of the ambush teams decide to attack, will it reroll for the ambush teams ?

Hey Mr. Sabaton,

caravans give you just that option… FOCUS on defending caravans if you dont wish to pay much attention to it, send heroes on their yourney and get small consistent rewards :wink:

Only thing you have to worry about a bit is, placing a defense team for caravan. And if they are more often than not succesfull, you earn a bit more :slight_smile:

Splash vs Aoe : Well that depends on certain factors :

• size of caravan (3 parts small, 4 parts medium, 5 parts big)
  • if you rather focus just on the caravan parts and not also guards for small extra bonus
  • depends on your roster
    So Aoe hits everything (caravan parts + heroes), splash hits up to 3 targets amongs parts of caravan and heroes…

So, the tile hit but do 0 damage. I think it is very hard to attack… Thats why ambushing heroes come with extra mana from start and every time they cast spell (Very fast extra 10% mana - Very slow 30%)

3 .Yes you can reroll defending caravans on start as many times as there are offers… but only limited time when your heroes are ambushing…

You set your team to ambush (on start you are notified, that heroes will be away for certain period of time (lets say 12 hours in this example- you have to confirm or take other trip).
During that time, you will be notified once, that heroes are ready for ambush. You need to fight that caravan in next 30 mins or it goes away, but you can also reroll in next 30 mins for some other one. If you do reroll, you can wait for next caravan to come by for a total period of 12 hours as in our example. Ambushing heroes have only 1 chance. After 12 hours, they return home, empty handed or full of reward :slight_smile:

1 Like

30 mins timer start after you return to town menu and you are first time notified there (same as when getting titan rewards). And your ambush team never finds a caravan who is less than 30 mins away from its desired destination :wink:

1 Like

How fine it would look, if now heroes have another way to get graded : :slight_smile:

example :

Azlar

Titans : B-
Raid offense : B-
Raid defense (tank, flank, wing) : C+, B+, C+
Ambushes : A-
Caravan Guard : D
Overall : B-

SG should fire their creative minds and just go off people’s free ideas.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings