šŸ¼ Cao Cao ā€“ 5* Ice / Blue from War of the Three Kingdoms

Iā€™d probably pair him with Hulda/meilikki, motega pengi and xnolphodā€¦ And zhuge liangā€¦ And more often than notā€¦ Iā€™d win.

Slow, donā€™t care. More than enough excellent slow heroes for rush already, this guy adds nothing.

1 Like

His minions are not beefy, but like every other hero he needs some complementary heroes to shine brightest. Your argument is still not valid :slight_smile: I can pair any monster of hero with heroes that donā€™t have a good synergy and still lose every raid. He has a unique skill and is reasonably fast.

With the recent buff, I had planned on using XHD, frosth diaochan and another hero to speed Cao.

Granted Cao is only 355 but I was able to get him to fast using lvl29 mana troops. Literally fire XHD and frosth and Cao was charged. Same when I fired diaochan freya

BUT his AOE is pretty meh. Yes I know heā€™s 355 but the point is his hit isnā€™t going to be lethal unless the defense is already weakened

I have 2 LB XHD so I already familiar with the minions but vs meta defense heroes, the minions died on any hits even with Freyaā€™s defense up.

Youā€™d think being able to get this hero charged faster would make a noticeable difference but itā€™s a disappointment.

FYI i was able to get Cao charged 3x between fast and average speed but at the cost of overwriting already healthy minions.

Maybe a different team setup would help but itā€™s a lot of trouble to get Cao to play like a good hero, as is now heā€™s pretty meh and certainly worse than his fast 4* general.

2 Likes

Gorseck
Khufu
Zeline
Guinevere
Diochan
Xnolphod
Alfrike
cAlasie
MN
Director Zuri

And so many others donā€™t require synergy at all, but are so good that teams are built around them to make other heroes better. You repeatedly saying my argument is invalid doesnā€™t inherently invalidate my argument BECAUSE my argument is subjective, based off of PERSONAL OPINION. I donā€™t agree with your assessment, but I agree that you should have it because your opinions are validā€¦ to you.

4 Likes

W3K seems to be my lucky summons portal, after pulling five straight 5* from 5 coins last W3K event

I pulled Cao on my 3rd coin pull this event.

Blue isnā€™t my strongest color so heā€™ll like be ascended. Already have Lu Bu, Diao, and Guan Yu all LB. Still undecided on Zhang Fei, but Liu Bei is also being slowly ascended. Maybe next W3K theyā€™ll release a red 5* and the Zhang will have to be ascended for a full rainbow W3K team.

3 Likes

managed to pull liu bei which i didnā€™t get but so hard to pull cao cao. in fact i pulled a 2nd liu bei after i ascended himā€¦ so fustratingā€¦ tried different combo like 10 pulls 30 pulls different lang etcā€¦ my 5 star team is only lacking himā€¦ argh

1 Like

Just want to know your opnions on the new character Cao Cao from the 3 kingdoms event. A slow mana hero with only 275% damage all skill is a bit under the average, donā€™t you think? I realise it has other skills (minions) but if so does LuBu (Fiends). In fact, I like Lu Buā€™s Fiends skill better than Cao Caoā€™S minions skill. Lu Bu has 330% damage all plus Fiends. There is a big difference between 275% and 330% to me.
I really think that SG needs to reconsider this heroā€™s skill. What youse think?

dont agreeā€¦ minions are very strong and debuff all turns and he have great passive skill and statsā€¦ overall just like it should be :+1:

1 Like

Keep in mind Lu Bu was released at 290% damage before being buffed to 330%. Based on the recent trends (Lu Bu, Khufu, etc) Iā€™d think Cao would definitely be in line for a damage buff, IF (and itā€™s a big if) heā€™s not being played very widely.

I wouldnā€™t count on that, and Iā€™m also not saying itā€™s a reason to ascend him, itā€™s just something to keep in mind.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tested him with some faster minions heroes and 2 family members. I can get him to charge at average speed but while on paper it would seem like a big advantage but in practice, every SS is not bad but not fatal either so heā€™s been more disappointing.

Test him with other heroes at 370 but for now, Iā€™m not giving him scopes.

1 Like

So his semi-beefy minions (would have expected straight beefy from slow speed) will dispel buffs from the target they hit.

So if the opposing heroes all have buffs but my minions only hit 1 target, the buffs wonā€™t be dispelled from the other 4??? Cause, the way heā€™s being described makes it seem like I can expect all my enemy heroes to be dispelled if I have some minions.

At least he deals an elite-level of AOE direct damage commensurate with a slow hero.

ā€¦Cause no way heā€™d deal less damage than other recently released average speed or fast speed AOE heroesā€¦especially ones also with great secondary and tertiary effectsā€¦

Kidding aside, I think Cao Cao is decent. In the way many hotms are decent.

And I think cao Cao is better than klaern.

1 Like

You are correct. His effect is similar to Bera where the minions have to hit, so itā€™s random. Heā€™s really only great against buff heavy teams. If youā€™re looking for a specific hero to be debuffed, well, I wouldnā€™t count on it.

1 Like

If it is randomā€¦ Cao Cao is bound to make people frustrated.

While Iā€™m willing to give SGG the benefit of the doubt, it seems many are not when they complain about ā€œan unbelievable number of consecutive revivesā€ or ā€œscripted bad boards when using mono attack teamsā€. ā€œRandomā€ is becoming another way to say ā€œprogrammed to screw me overā€.

On fast tournaments or wars, he should be amazing against those annoying taunters, especially Ludwig, because he can dispel the mana boost to Ludwigā€™s sides without even having to dispel Ludwig first.

1 Like

If Ludwig already fired, his flanks are going to have had one round of mana. In VF, thatā€™s all it takes to lose. Also, in VF, the other heroes on your team have to be alive for them to get minions, right? What happens when CC is the only one left? Khufu, Alfrike, Gorseck, MN can make a comeback, can CC?

1 Like

Didnā€™t want to attack you in person, I just wanted to point out Cao Caoā€™s unique skillā€¦ Letā€™s agree to disagree in this respect, but I agree with your statement that almost all reviews, recommendations etc. are based on only one thing and that is rooster size and quality. If I have a Top 10 hero, he can and will make the whole team betterā€¦ this guy here is not one of them, since he needs supportive heroes around him.

2 Likes

Damn! Cape changes everything.

2 Likes

That would be satisfying being able to dispel ludwigs flanks without having to dispel him first.
But it would be disappointing if my minions all targeted an enemy hero without buffs.

Agree and I hope SGG continues putting more creativity and effort into releasing new skill mechanics. For me, one of the more enjoyable parts of the game is using a hero with new and effective skills.