Can't talk about beta stuff on here?

can’t promise it won’t change, but in beta there was a retroactive completion reward for season 1.

5 Likes

Lol I have seen season two in youtube.
Gaderius four stars +48 atack allies and alies regenerate 459 hp over 3 turns
Aeron five stars HOTM all regenerate 459 hp over 3 turns

Gaderius + any doctor > Aeron+ boldtusk

Hey, I still haven’t even played 23-11 once. I got the last outpost for my watchtower, then didn’t bother.

If I wait 'till season 2 is released, maybe I’ll get the completion prize and have a reason to justify finishing it? That would be cool.

(When I realized that the guy in peer support who told me about the pillow fight between Natalya and Zeline in the final cutscene was joking, I kinda lost interest…)

3 Likes

If this would happen (what I highly doubt) everyone that already completed it should get the reward. Otherwise the pitchforks are ready lol

2 Likes

In the information that was shared, there was a notice of something kind of Atlantis Coins, that you get for completing stages in Atlantis and, when you get 100 of them, you can proceed to Summon a hero (instead of spending 400 gems). I hope the Atlantis coins are repeatable, meaning you get a lot first time you finish a stage, but you can also get more (even 1 of them) every time you finish an Atlantis stage.

4 Likes

Currently you can earn only 4 coins per stage, one for normal difficulty and three for hard. Repeating a level currently earns no extra Atlantis tokens.

2 Likes

They should consider it. Like on a really low rate. But it would make farming a little more appealing

1 Like

Wait, there’s difficulty levels? Very nice feature if so. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep, like seasonal events, each level has two degrees of difficulty. Normal can be done with a very good 3* team. Hard needs 5* or luck.

1 Like

Is that the first province, and do levels get progressively harder from there?

I can auto play all normal easily with my 4 maxed 5* and one 4* healer team. Hard I Had to stop auto playing the first stage with that same team, lol.

Provinces do get harder. I had to upgrade to some 4* to do normal by province 3.

I think what they maybe referring to is you will be able to make your hero’s stronger. I have seen several 4* as we know them now, to have added stats. I have been told 5* will be the sameway but it hasn’t been revealed yet on how that will be. I have several who are testers. Have seen some very interesting stuff the last few days. The new hero’s, if they stay the same, have a ton of power and specials. Families are also introduced. For each hero you use in the family together it raises from 1% to 5% if you are using all 5 hero’s from same family.
All of this also has the players who have spent alot of time and money to this point wondering how it will effect them. As it seems all hero’s will need to be upgraded eventually to stack up to new heros. Someone new can pick up the game and in a few months time be stronger than the established players are now. Who really knows and must always remember in the stage they are in, most if not everything can change before it’s ready for release. No reason to get too excited either at this time. I just know from what I have seen that it’s best to be in save mode of accession mats and not spending.

3 Likes

Any increase in size or options for buildings? Maxed out long ago, would be nice to see something new there. Heck, I’d even settle for just more farms and TCs

2 Likes

Also, curious if new HOTM is being tested yet?

No one has mentioned the raid tier level structure. If the new season brings changes to unbalance current leaderboard, shouldn’t there be a level added?

Hotm for August is coming but Sept I think is the plan for season 2 which re releases 2 hotm

1 Like

No, Season 2 is a new world map and a lot of new heroes who you’ll meet along the way.

I never understood why people were thinking that Season 2 would bring a bunch of mechanics changes. When Season 2 of Game of Thrones was released, did you also expect your cable channel lineup to increase?

Season 2 clearly was a huge lift for the dev team. There are a lot of game mechanics they added to make Season 2 and its heroes come to life – slow poison in some levels, “families” of heroes with linked benefits, several new or substantially altered Special abilities. My hope would be that, once they’ve gotten the bugs out, the devs will be freed up to work on the long and growing list of other game enhancements.

4 Likes

Dude, some new map levels and a bunch of heroes shouldn’t have taken 3/4 of a year just to get into Alpha. There is not a lot of “new mechanics” - most of the heroes specials are either existing specials or repackaging of existing specials (splitting spirit link into two separate effects).

Actual new things include:

1. poison damage every turn on certain map stages. Cool, differentiation on map stages is nice.

2. one hero’s special which has a % chance to hit additional targets.

2.5 family link, which is basically elemental link only with a different flag in the database for family instead of color like elemental. I only gave this 0.5 of a new thing because it’s literally just elemental link but flagging a family of heroes instead of a color.

all the rest of the specials were already existing, it was just matter of mixing and matching and putting them on the new heroes. It’s nice to see 3 stars get a bunch of cool (but existing) mechanics.

But the game was already getting infusions of heroes with the HOTMs, calendar events like easter bunnies, events, etc. What most people wanted WASN’T more heroes they can only get by purchasing gems and that they can’t ascend anyway, it was more other things to do:

• something to do with iron besides crafting battle items once you max’d most of your buildings
  • more chances for ascension items
  • some way to turn ingredients they don’t need into ingredients they do need
  • something to do besides chat when flags are all gone (i.e. practice raids vs alliance members)
  • ways to increase existing hero power for higher end titans
  • a way after 6, 9, 12 months to get powerful event and HOTM heroes that are generally only REALISTICALLY available to spenders (i.e. I got Natalya on my alt with 1 epic token, but that is a ultra rare corner case. I believe 6x10 pulls was the rough average of where you needed to be for HOTM, which is $156 USD. Each. Event 5s are worse.

With that much time between when they told us they had started on season 2 and now when it finally was released for initial testing, I think we were all hoping for more than just a chunk of new heroes, poison on a few stages, and family link.

32 Likes

I think we’re agreeing more than disagreeing. The way I’d put it is this: SG has a small dev team (why? with the income they have, they should be hiring. But that’s a different thread). They came up with a “to do” list for 2018, and for some reason prioritized Season 2. For reasons I don’t understand, this sucked up a LOT of dev’s focus, though in some fairness there have been other changes introduced this year, most notably Alliance Wars.

To my thinking, this is a resource allocation issue. Season 2 could have been simpler and used fewer resources, so they could have devoted more resources to areas where, I agree, there is low-hanging fruit to make the game more enjoyable.

4 Likes