After several frustrating emails in which I had to repeat myself, there is apparently no resolution for my issue. This means I will have to leave the game.
Here is the recap:
- I played a few minutes and saw the update message.
- I updated the game.
- Ever since then I get a connection error message.
- I restarted the phone.
- I switched between wifi networks and phone data.
- I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game.
- I posted a message here.
- I submitted a help ticket.
- I got an email telling me how to update the game.
- I replied and explained my issue.
- I got a message asking for player information.
- I replied with requested information.
- I got a message explaining how to get access to my google play account.
- I replied and explained-again- my issue and sent a screen shot.
- I got a message asking me to uninstall and reinstall the game.
- I struggled to be nice as I explained, again, that I had done that. And explained, again, my issue.
- I got a message that I seem to be having connection issues and I should check the router etc. Further, they explained internet is required for the game to work.
- I face palmed. I explained AGAIN that I had done that. That no other app I use that requires internet has an issue (example: I am using my phone for this). That this game did not have issues UNTIL I UPDATED IT TO V29.
Basically, I can infer several things from this series of messages:
- They don’t read the whole message.
- They have no clue what is wrong.
- They think I am stupid.
- I am done.