Cancelled Events

I certainly hope the seasonal events will not suffer the same fate.

My own personal disappointment with the most recent change is that it will lower the possibility of getting a family bonus from the regular rotation of challenge events. Not a reason to stop playing by any means but just an observation.

Eager to see what the “challenge festival” listed for December will be!

1 Like

This makes sense now in the last ama they was asked about bringing back 10 stages. They said all events would be 10 stages going forward.
@SamMe can you share the pic yah sent us awhile ago :blush:

Don’t worry found it…

So bascially what happens next year is they don’t exist anymore haha :joy:

8 Likes

Nice illustration

I’d like to add that in my case. It’s more like I’m the kid and I bought a costume 6-8 months before the “event” and then I’m told the day before Halloween. Oh we aren’t doing it.

:heart::panda_face::purple_heart::woman_facepalming:t2::pleading_face:

2 Likes

So are towers going down to 10 stages? That would be an improvement over 75 without even the energy to do them lol.

1 Like

Remember being young and you had a dog or a favourite pet, it got old and became poorly and couldn’t keep up with the other big dogs anymore? Your mum and dad suddenly told you it’s poorly and it needs to go to sleep; you felt sad but you’ll always remember the good times and cherish the memories you enjoyed so many times and even though it all happens so quick.

Sometimes it’s for the best

1 Like

Nah they bee the same…

This is the beta version atm that prob go live…

1 Like

I figured as much… I was being sarcastic at their comment of events being 10 stages while we have 75 floor towers (with energy for 50).

Honestly dont do it really… I knoe the bracket I’ll stay in for loot with minimal resources, that works for me so that’s what I do don’t need to complete the whole thing… Going of topic too
If you would like to continue a chat @ me on this

1 Like

Sorry for off topic chat.

Back to topic…
I think of the old events, the playstyle was the same, so it really is only about summoning chances… and as long as that improved by training camp, hero academy, or take some odds away from s1 heroes in every portal then this is a good change. If they are lumped together in a few single exclusive event… then probably not a good change. They should be more avaliable, training camp and basic summons need to evolve 4 seasons into the game.

2 Likes

I think SG could have given better details on where/how these cancelled event heroes will still be available and saved a lot of people a lot of stress.

I mean…it’s not hard to guess.

Some are already in HA10…either they expand that to all or they Chuck them in the Legends portal.

Either way they’ve said there will be opportunities to still try for them. Why people are stressing about it I have no clue.

1 Like

I feel that it’s just a matter of time those events are retired. They’re just old, and the whales have gotten all of those heroes anyways, it ain’t profitable to SG anymore. What matters is they create essential heroes with better utility.
We already have those second gen events already so it not like a total loss. But at the same time, I find that the additional difficulty from those new events are really designed to put players off. I did not aim for top 10000/5000 this time round because I was just so put off by that rage mechanic. Villians is pretty much the most disliked one of the events. And the only one that’s decent is starfall. There are 2 more events that have yet to reflect red and green, so we shall see.

IMO retireing the five old events is not a big thing: The only event with must have heroes is Teltoc, and I think the Community will vote for this for November.
All the other heroes are outgunned and underpowered compared with the new ones. Why summon for Finley if you can try to get Morel. And those of us who play longer than two years dont need this heroes anymore or wont summon (f2p/c2p). New players are a rarity here its more important for SG to keep the (paying) longterm playerbase interested. You see it trying to recruit for alliances, there are very few new players above level 20, most quit before they finish S1.
If I think of the old heroes, there are some from Teltoc, BK, Lotl and King Arthur from Avalon and maybe Jabber and Finley I might be interested in, the rest wont get ascended, and you have a shot with HA10 for them. In addition Petri stated, they will be available from some other portal. Take into acoount, that the probability to get one with only one appearance per year for the old events are nil if you dont spend a fortune. If you will spend its better to use portals with stronger heroes. Conclusion: This is in the best interrest for SG and the players, unfortunately some players cry out after each change and assume they were cheated. In this case we were protected from our „collectors mind“ because for the gaming experience it is not good to focus on old and outgunned heroes.
Good luck with summoning and happy gaming

2 Likes

while I agree with most of what you said, there is one detail -

Many F2P/C2P still lack some of the top 3* and 4* including Jackal and Falcon, and would welcome the likes of Hansel, Gretel… even Bauchan (we even have a thread for this lol). I know some FTP/C2P have been saving up event coins for a shot at some of these heroes.

I’m FTP and I also don’t care that the old events are retired… as long as the heroes remain available (which SG has confirmed), and with a decent chance to obtain them. I am curious in what manner, with what odds, and how frequently we will have a chance at them.

4 Likes

The most natural way would be to include them into HA lvl 5 (3* heroes), lvl 8 (4* heroes) (these levels are completely useless for players that can build HA) and put 5* old events heroes into a pool of 5* S1 heroes.

1 Like

… shame after years some still dont understand… they think everything is about 5* new heros…

1 Like

That is part of the problem and it’s a consequence of the SG policy. Since they choose to go heavier p2p with everything, the vast majority of the new players simply go away the moment they notice that. If you are a big company trying to get new players in your game, you have to give them enough stuff for free or for a relatively small amount of cash in order to lure them in.

1 Like

People who think SG retired the old events to help out the players in any way are delusional.

The old challenge events are being retired to increase spending opportunities on all the new challenge heros.

Whether you prefer 10 or 15 levels, the fact was that 1WE stages in the old challenge events were great for farming XP, mats and challenge coins. SG could have made the first stage in the new 10 stage challenge event 1WE but they clearly didn’t feel this was profitable for them.

This game has been going to shiite the last year especially, and my alliance members are retiring from the game left and right, all because SG execs just want to cash in and don’t give a fuuck about anyone playing this game.

5 Likes

You are absolutely right, but I fear its to late to attract new players. Many interested players left frustrated after a few weeks. They never will come back and had given bad ratings in Google- and apple stores.
IMO there is ( no longer) a chance to attract new players, as a consequence the game has to retain as many existing players as possible and squeeze as much money out of them as possible to survive.
Thats unfortunate in terms of longevity.

Happy gaming

2 Likes