Can we just get rid of Field Aid already?

Why aren’t you able to opt out? Is it against you alliance rules? (If so, I’d suggest finding an alliance that fits your play style a bit better)

I’m guessing that the problem is you don’t understand that the wars are on a known rotation. Maybe this will help:

• 2 wars attack boost
  • 2 wars arrows
  • 2 wars field aid

It’s always in this rotation (Until/unless the devs change things up). So once you complete the 2nd war of arrows, simply opt out of wars for 2 rounds (1 week). Let the rest of your alliance deal with the frustration while you focus on events, titans, Atlantis, or whatever makes this game enjoyable for you. Once the 2nd healing war is done, opt back into wars.

2 things to note:

• This will impact the amount of war hits for PoV.
  • This will impact your participation in your war chest.

Other than that, it sounds like you’ll be happier in the game.

2 Likes

Well you can opt out of Field aid wars surely? The rotation cycle does not vary so you can know when you will get the rule that you hate. Ask your alliance leader if you can opt out of these wars if that is a possibility? They might well be really good about it! Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: I posted this and then discovered that @LadySuzanne had posted a far better version of the same! @Texas1970, that was a great way of explaining things! It gave me a perspective that I hadn’t really thought about before. I used to absolutely dread field aid!

1 Like

I didn’t realize they had a regular cycle, just assumed it was random.
This is helpful, thanks!

1 Like

THIS right here…I ABSOLUTELY HATE Field Aid…either seriously NERF it…or delete it!! Replace it with something else if you must, but, get rid of that that crap already!!

1 Like

In my opinion the defending team allready has enough advantages…
No field aid, no arrows, no nothing is needed to help them!

First of: they all come with 2 healers or heal/def combo.
It’s the tactical duty of the defending player and shows his awareness to build a good team.
Why favourise unskilled players and clans that do not help each other with their deck?
Second: they get more mana than the attacker: All defending heroes get mana not regarding which color you use for your attack! Yeah this prevents monodecks from beeing OP, and should stay! But it’s an advantage in my eyes!

1 Like

The way I see it, there are far more players AGAINST than for Field Aid…which means you are the minority!
IF Field Aid were to remain, IMHO, it should be nerfed!! Just too powerful as is, when a single healer, i.e. Rigard, can win an engagement vs. a full health team…THAT in itself should raise the red flag…

1 Like

The flag is that you would not selectively target a wing Rigard while Field Aid is the war rule. That is a rookie error that has played out for just about everyone, I think, quite possibly. A collection of really big names in the game have tried to explain this earlier in the thread (e.g. you can google ender and ucla). Virtually no one above a certain level feels it an issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

Many many plyer are AGAINST those rules!
So delte them for the rule of the majority!

Just follow the democratic majoritys descission!
If pro players do not bother, ok… they are a minority, too.

So just delete all aids!

1 Like

Ok, still active, so let’s go. I love the challenge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It depends on the selected attack team. And the opponent has the same problem. So what? :smile:

1 Like

Geez… Just adapt your strategy to the specific war rule… That is exactly the reason why this game is fun - you need to improvise and find the best solution to the problem you are facing. Actually, I didn’t even think about field aid being an issue until I saw this thread. Shocking… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Psst, not so loud! There are minions around here! Btw, I love bananas! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

It’s not that we are unable to adapt our strategy, it’s that we don’t like this aspect of the game and dont think it’s fun.
And we can’t just ignore it without incurring punishment (war chest, PoV, etc.).

And so we are making our feelings and preferences known to the community and devs. If enough people don’t enjoy an aspect of the game, it’s not unreasonable to request a change to that aspect.

2 Likes

When you win a war or battle with field aid on what is your first gut reaction

• Field aid sucks get rid of it already
  • Yes won one on to the next

0 voters

My hypothesis is people don’t like losing and field aid is just the scapegoat. Therefore the correct answer is not to get rid of field aid but get rid of losing. To test this hypothesis I need to test the null hypothesis that winning people also hate field aid.

3 Likes

I like Field Aid!
I like Arrow Barrage!
Attack boost doesn’t seem to do much :man_shrugging:

Give me a challenge, something different to think about when attacking. Something to count on when building my defense.

Give us more variations of defense boost!
(I can’t believe that this is my first post here)

1 Like

The problem here is too many players don’t get that it helps them too.

4 Likes

That is weird isn’t it but I have an unsettling feeling that it took quite some time for me to realise that! Seriously, how could that actually work where just one team has a bonus/handicap (apart from the AI defense boost)?

SG do make it a little ambiguous as to what field aid actually does and new people constantly need to be told not to activate it or the arrow barrage! Oh, and the arrow barrage although my least favourite rule also isn’t as awfiul as most people think either with the damage being 25% of available health so an outright kill will take a while.

I agree! I actually hate field aide. I find it useless.

Tell us about your roster then! Pants down, show us your bench (No Pants! may be a forum thing at this stage!)! You may find that you get really good advice on hero placement and strategy for certain rules! :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh. This discussion again. Okay. Better than most of the other discussions going on ATM. So I will go ahead and repeat myself once again.

I hate Field Aid!

But so do my opponents!

So it’s all good.

4 Likes