Can we just get rid of Field Aid already?

Field aid and boards destroyed me today during wars, but I still wouldn’t get rid of it. Some wars I’m just unlucky. QTerrible War Boards 02.10.19

3 Likes

Feel free to opt out next war if you don’t like it!

1 Like

Enjoyed the video. Saw a few missed plays in there that could have potentially turned things around in a couple of them.

Not saying that to be a d*ck. But if you watch the one with Alby, you had the ghost tiles on the left about 3 turns before you used them to fire him up and possibly get some revives.

Thought you could have played more yellow in the round against Boril to get Drake to fire before counter attack went off (played the yellow before the purple).

In your situation, once Drake was fired up, Peters, and Scarlett were full mana, with Scarlett having little life. A Drake special with Scarlett as the focus shot would have taken her out and potentially caused a Peter miss.

Isarnia was then launched while Khagan still had C.A., but they were each 2 turns away from hitting and had no specials loaded. Could have used Merlin against Sabina, ghosted purples, ghosted greens, Sabina loads and fires on someone, C.A is off, fire Isarnia, knock Khagan with other purples (Merlin potentially mana full), and then had Isarnia and Merlin to take out Peters.

And the flee against Daniel, you had another 2 turns before FA would have gone off, could have played the dragon in the lower left corner. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome, as you would have died the next turn, but could have knocked a good 15 - 30 hitpoints off for the next person.

Nor sure if you go back through and see these kinds of things, but was something I noticed - while having the luxury of not being in the moment.

Agreed on the sh*tty boards, though!

1 Like

Without field aid your defenses would probably be 1 shot every time due to A.I. fail…what fun is it to put all those resources into a defensive team if it will just get wiped without question

1 Like

I think that maybe Field Aid is a little too quick when you get down to the last hero left. I think it goes off every 3-4 moves at present.

The solution is, I guess, to send only snipers to the battle and charge them up to all hit right after Field Aid goes off, but I certainly don’t have a field deep enough to have 4-5 snipers for every single battle. A full team (admittedly only one leveled character – Rudolph 3/50 – could not take down a single Sartana, who was already wounded). It was “hit her, hit her, hit her, oops, she’s charged up. One hero down. Oh, there goes the Field Aid…” I did manage to flee and get 3 points for my efforts, though.

On the other hand, it’s highly satisfying when you do get it to work out, so I’m not going to campaign to get rid of it. Just try to develop my heroes more…

Well, today for the first time I actually was grateful for field aid. We got reset at some point during the second part of the war and thought it was all over for us, being several hundred points behind… Yet somehow we managed to find our way back in the lead, with about 100 points ahead and less then one hour on the clock. That was our last used flag in this war. They desperately tried to recover in the last half hour, but failed gathering the needed points and I suspect field aid was the main reason for their failure.

1 Like

Field Aid is great

I went with this team in AW wjen in Field Aid … Was enjoyble to me and my alliance mates to watch our opponents trying to kill my team to clear and respawn … damn was great watch hahaha

3 Likes

Surprised

That would be the easiest team to kill

2 Likes

We are not on the top 100 zone.
We are in the top 10000 :joy:

1 Like

Agree…would be a long match, but no hitters there to really hurt. Take out Boldtusk first and then it’s just an endurance fight.

There is field aid mate … good luck lol

1 Like

4 Snipers and one healer, charge snipers and take out your healers one at a time. With field aid I find most effective to take out defense hitters first and healers last.

2 Likes

Mind you that’s a lot harder to do at the end of a war when your best heroes are used up.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have a goodie as attacker, too. Thinking of e.g. one board remix per fight, if aid was healing, one speer attack, if it was attack buff and one turtle banner, if speers were the aid.

Without field aid at all, wars would be too similar to raids.

1 Like

lol @Jedon, hope it was a win for you

1 Like

Yuuuup it was …
I heared that they been cursing me for some time lol

Yup I made it to stop clearing our allies board for a second round after best heroes already used.
And it works in last hours of the AW … 9 important flags were gone trying to take me out war ends 3454/3440 for our victory … if those 9 lost flags weren’t that way I think it could be some other way.

2 Likes

Congratulations on the win! I sometimes use 3 healers with Boril and Cyprian for field aid wars. Heal and counterpunch. Also probably harder to defeat in the latter stages.

My alliance leader once survived 17 attacks in a war. It was truly shocking to see.

1 Like

I’ll go back and rewatch the battle you are talking about, but i think there was a reason why I did that. I’ll let you know.

Edit: Yeah, i just saw what you were talking about when it comes to the Alby raid, but my head wasn’t in it. I should’ve stopped attacking after the first board i got because I get really annoyed, really quickly.

As far as the raid with drake is concerned though. I didn’t take yellow heroes because I didn’t feel it was necessary and i was saving them for other raids because my roster isn’t that developed. In hindsight, i should have attacked Scarlett, but again… heat of the moment, I was too pissed off.

1 Like

Can we PLEASE for the love of whatever god(s) anyone ever believed in since the beginning of time get rid of the alliance war boosters!!! I’m sick to death of fighting these stupid boosters more than I’m fighting the actual opposing alliance teams! It’s not right…a war should be just that…a war…my team/alliance against your team/alliance…no extra buffs and no assistance…period! I’ve been playing this game for a long while now…and I remember what the wars were like before the boosters came into play, and I HATE these boosters and how they’ve sucked all the fun out of the wars…I spend most of my time dreading logging in during wars because I don’t want to have to deal with the pure frustration and anger that comes from it!! And it makes it harder for us leaders/co-leaders to get our alliance members pumped and ready to fight when you have to deal with these boosters crushing them before they ever even have a chance to enjoy themselves…the boosters are KILLING the enjoyment we used to get during war time…please take the boosters out of the war!! I’m begging!

9 Likes