Can we discuss Aegir

Mana drain hero w damage early beta

anything i say that doesnt speak in favor of the devs and their pocketbook is bein flahges. flagged. SG get to flaggin, you’ll be busy for awhile

For those who says that Aegir is good, please provide us with guides on how to use him, preferably with videos examples.
I briefly use him in map event and find him to be very meh.

1 Like

Aegir is not useless. People just compare him to Guin. Guin is just in a different league.

Offensively I think he is superb. Defensively maybe meh as I have encountered him a few times. Mid range players may have difficulty with him as the roster may still be lacking in some colors.

1 Like

anything i say that doesnt speak in favor of the devs and their pocketbook is bein flahges. flagged. SG get to flaggin, you’ll be busy for awhile

Wilbur is very useful if you have the right offensive team to go with him and the right timing to pull it off be it in raids or titans. Remember that Wilbur does not heal. He is good when you are ready to throw everything at the enemy and hope for the win.

Aegir helps better survivability in an offensive raid. You control the tiles and not the AI. He is more helpful when things go bad for you on the offense. A good board will always be a good board. But a bad board is when Aegir shows his value. At least that is how I see it.

4 Likes

How will he help a bad board? wouldn’t a healer be more useful in that circumstance?

Share damage and tile hit heal. In hopes for the board to turn for the better.

Shared damage only last 3 turns and it is gone before you know it. With a bad board, tiles heal are negligible. At least a healer like Vivica and Rigard can bring a team on the brink of death back to life during bad board.
Compare him with Wilbur, he is very meh for a 5*, esp without a defense buff.

2 Likes

His stats will survive the early onslaught. Rigard and Wilbur can’t take it. You are purely comparing specials only. Not every bad board can be turned but he can give you a better chance at it.

Vivica is great for raids but mana is slow.

Well, then that brings the question, even if he can survive with his stat, is it enough to protect his neighbors. if any of his neighbor is gone, his special just goes to worthless.

3 Likes

That’s what I mean by nitpicking. Too many what ifs. All I can say is that with his stats and special he will give you a fighting chance when you have a bad board. Same goes with Ares.

The slower the mana, the worse it gets.

1 Like

I have Ares too and he is a different animal. He can revive and protect his neighbors very well, not only that, he buff their attacks.
Tank stat checked. Protect neighbors checked. Helps on offensive checked. Here is a tide turner, although nowhere as good as Guin on defence.
Compare him with Aegir, he only has tank stat. If only he has wilbur 4* special, I will gladly use him.

Gotta agree that Ares is better. I too have Ares.

Don’t compare him to Guin, Guin is almost purely for defensive purpose unless you raid with her for fun. She would work well since she can keep the other team at bay without being to launch their specials.

Aegir is better for mono blue teams. Pair him with Grimm and Alasie/Magni would be quite a reasonable offense.

Ah… I see what you mean. When stacking blue, tile heal becomes significant. Still, you are at the mercy of the board and stacking also mean he is a niche hero.

Yes he is a niche hero. Also, aren’t we all at the mercy of the boards? I lost 4 straight today which almost made me throw my phone away but calmed down and won the next 8 with flask just to get rid the feeling of irritation. :joy:

FYI, Anchor from 7DD (with input from Zero and others from 7DD) grades Aegir an overall A (B against titans, A for offense and A for defense with an A as tank).

Yes noted. Very good stats as tank. Just that my experience with him when I raid is that he ain’t that great when he is at tank.

I have no qualms with him on offense as he works well when he launches his special.

I think he is only great when stacking color, esp flank him with high damage blue. However, the average players don’t have a great enough rooster to assemble a fully ascended stacked color. How many players do you see having both fully ascended Magni and Alasie, then still have scopes left for Ageir?
This makes him less than ideal to use or most people.
I wish Anchor’s spreadsheet comes with a short commentary on each hero to explain his grading, because if the hero is niche, many players will wonder how he got an A for both versatility and offence/defence.

2 Likes

Ares is still an A+ as tank and isn’t even in the top 100 anymore. Just saying aegir is ok but easily countered for a pure defense tank.