Can we be positive for a bit please?

@amrath big hugs to you too. Like I told Steve, you @amrath are a very strong person.

3 Likes

I actually worry about this… I take care of a child with Zellwegers who is not expected to reach adulthood. I adore him and he loves me back.
He will have meltdowns in public, and get himself in dangerous situations with outlets or gas valves on the stove. And swatting him gets his attention.
Most the time I can get his attention by talking in a low voice and grabbing him by the shoulders. But when he sets himself to lashing out over what I have chosen to deny him for his own sake, then a time-out is not suitable for the location or even…effective at times.

So… how is this generation turning out?
With it’s participation medals & time-outs?

Are they bitter?
Finding out that the real world carries consequences and requires effort?

The programming :point_up_2:
You can feel it…!

We need negativity! Process it from crude, into fuel for the energy to make tomorrow a more positive place!

Besides. How can we know the spectrum exists without a different shade?

3 Likes

As they say,

When all the world knows beauty as beauty, then there is ugliness.
When all the world knows good as good, then there is evil.

– Lao Tzu

4 Likes

I think many will agree to disagree on issues of child discipline: it is the blind men and the elephant syndrome: we can all look at the same instance and see it in very different ways.

For myself, I know I must have been the despair of my parents, and they did the best they could by me…and I discipline my own child very differently.

But now when I encounter adults, and I am an adult, I expect “common courtesy”, which is that conversations can include disagreement, but do not slide into personal attacks when we disagree.

I think it should be easy to tell the difference between the two.

Likewise, if I am unhappy with someone, I believe I have a good enough grasp of the English language that I can tell that person (or company), creatively if I wish, why precisely I am unhappy, again without diving headlong into ad hominem attacks.

Can’t we all get along? :wink:

Back to topic:

9 Likes

Let’s remember that this is a family friendly game forum. Lot’s of us have very moving personal stories but this might not be the most appropriate place to share more mature themes and some posts might not be approved.

Jonah

5 Likes

6 Likes

We should all stay positive and stop pocket watching.

1 Like

Just found this thread. Love the discussion and learned a few things, I hope. Thanks. Blessings one and all. :heart:

6 Likes

Good news! In case anyone reading is unaware, they have dropped costumes for this Springvale. This was advised to beta, and here on the forum.

They are looking to release costumes for selected Atlantis and Sand Empires heroes. It is a positive development, but probably a short reprieve IMO.

4 Likes

Where??!! I’m here with likes to give! Late to the party, as always.

6 Likes

Bumping this thread as haven’t seen @sft1965 around lately. Are you ok? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@SamMe , @sft1965 says hi. He’s temporarily not able to post, but he’s doing ok! Still very active in our alliance. So sweet of you to ask! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I saw @sft1965 like on my post. Glad he’s doing ok. Thanks a lot for passing on message from him @sleepyhead! :smile:

4 Likes

Bumping this thread because (1) as a gentle reminder for the original post please, and (2) I also want to @sft1965.

The following is addressed to sft1965 (ofc anyone is welcome to read):

Thank you for your kind words in the MV thread. I really appreciate it. :blush:

Also, I noticed that you made the effort to post in my All about the players thread. Belated thanks to you. I’d like to write back to everyone who responded but I like to read it carefully, and sometimes I take too long writing replies (I’m typing on a phone). :sweat_smile:

Take care. Thank you for being you. :smile:

4 Likes

I got 7 Vollemorks in a ten pull once. I confess it made me angry but I didn’t vent my anger on the forums. I expressed disappointment.

EDIT: why am I posting now? Someone unnamed just reminded me on Discord. :smiley:

1 Like

Bumping this thread, as we haven’t heard from @sft1965 for a while and spreading positivity is never a bad thing.

Blessings wherever you may be my friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

ever so thoughtful @Sarah2 , thanks for being one of the foremost positivity spreaders here :slight_smile:

@sft1965 thinking of you every day buddy!

3 Likes

I miss @sft1965. :cry:

3 Likes

Sending hopeful thoughts :pray::revolving_hearts::hugs::star2:

3 Likes

Something positive…
Shout out to @BlackZed who patiently replied and tagged mods with merging powers after multiple, multiple, multiple threads were created about the PoV Bug. You’re AWESOME! :sunglasses:

7 Likes