Can someone explain what critical means

Are you sure? I thought his card said 30% critical chance and that it functioned like Ares, it either critical hits or it doesn’t.

yes, it’s like Ares, so there’s a 70% chance you get a normal hit and a 30% chance you get a critical hit. Put differently, there’s 100% chance you get normalized damage and a 30% chance you also get the extra critical damage.

Greg is not like Wu: there is no chance to miss.

3 Likes

Maybe I am just misreading your original post, because I agree with what you said most recently, but using Ares I don’t think there is an underlying per tile increase given by critical. Are you and @Warthelan saying the same thing in very different ways? Because I perceive from using Ares that his/her example is reflective of the damage done and that there is no tile increase damage UNLESS you get a critical hit. So it’s either a normal tile hit OR a critical tile hit (with double normalized damage), no inherent boost to all tile damage.

I think I am getting hung up here: ‘So Greg adds 30 percentage points to each tile’s damage, for all gems.’

I could just be dumb at the moment because it is Friday and it’s been a long week.

1 Like

I’m bit confused about critical hits and defense team in raids. How damage works if my defense team heroes have critical troops? Or in Gregorians case, 30% chance for critical hit…

1 Like

@sleeperZ96BT - I think you two are in agreement.

Take @Kerridoc’s statement" ‘So Greg adds 30 percentage points to each tile’s damage, for all gems.’" and add an “on average” to the end for more clarity. 70% of the time it will do nothing and 30% of the time it will give a 100% boost.

2 Likes

This one isn’t actually covered - but there’s lots of other jargon explained in the Fictionary!

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/the-e-p-jargon-pulverising-fictionary/30695

2 Likes

Same as in attack, their normal attacks (in defense it’s the slash attack, not tiles) have a 30% to cause a critical hit. (that has been explained above).

1 Like

I thought so too, was getting hung up on words, thanks.

I’ve edited my earlier post to make clearer that I’m talking about averages, not absolutes.

Great - thanks. I’ve been known to be too literal sometimes.

Some further information from staff has illuminated how this mechanic works with stacked colors.

Each tile that drops is assigned to a particular hero of that color. If you are running a rainbow team, the assignment is 1 to 1. If you are stacking heroes of a given color, the assignment is random. You can see which tile is assigned to which hero by the graphic display of the troop.

The tile as it hits has a critical hit chance based upon the troop underneath the linked hero and any specials on that hero. For example, if you are running Ares tank and Marjana wing, and Ares’ special is running, red tiles linked to Ares have a 36% crit chance, while those linked to Marjana have 0% (unless she’s paired with a crit troop). This mechanic effectively reduces the crit chance in a stack with mixed crit and mana troops.

3 Likes

Never payed attention… In raids, can defending heroes deliver critical hits?

Yes. The “slash” attack that runs on the countdown timer can result in a crit.

1 Like

Melia also adds crit hit to all

Can you have have critical hits without 3 star or higher troops? On the last 3 star raid tournament, I ran Melia and tiles were delivering critical hits w/ only 2 star troops. Which then makes me wonder if a hero with a mana troop with a critical buff from ares/melia/etc could still delivery critical damage.

Also, can there be critical titan hits outside the weakspot?

Thanks

Melia’s special grants critical chance to all her allies.

Yes, you can deliver critical hits outside the titan’s weakspot.

1 Like

This appears to be a hold over from titans

Hi, does anybody know if critical hits applies for counterattacks of Zyprian?

Counter Attack is based on damage done.

Critical boosts the damage done so it will counter more damage.

Refer to the below guide for ongoing / new discussion