Can I be too defensive

If this is true, I still don’t understand why it would be better for a defense team to stack two purples or yellows instead of two reds/greens/blues as someone mentioned…

The only problem for my stacked attacking team against a stacked defending team would be a special that deals extra damage to XXX (Athena, for instance, if you stack red against her; just used as an example that came to mind, since you wouldn’t stack red against her!).

Or maybe I am still missing something or didn’t really understand!

The reason a defending team would stack a color is to make the attackers stack less efficient. Let’s say you’re attacking an Aegir tank, and he’s flanked by 2 red heroes. Now the green stack you brought against Aegir does weak splash damage to Aegirs flanks, especially if Aegir gives +defense against nature. And the blue you would bring to try and counter the double red, your blue tiles against Aegir are quite weak.

1 Like

Yes, I totally understand that. But somebody mentioned that it’s better to have two purples or yellows in defense instead of two reds or blues or greens… They provided an explanation that (according to the info I quoted from your in my previous post) wasn’t accurate.

Yeah defending heroes attacks don’t have colors unless they cast a special which mentions a color ie; does extra damage against nature, or decreases defense against dark. A lot of top teams use a yellow tank with double purple in their lineup somewhere simply because Guin is the best tank and Delilah is really good as well, people will stack purple against this team and purple does weak damage to purple. So the 1 yellow 2 purple defense teams are quite common for that reason, but it’s just because the best tank happens to be yellow. When people use gravemaker tank they typically have double green in their lineup as well. Maybe I shouldn’t say typically, but it’s common to see a gravemaker tank with a Zeline flank and Alberich wing or something like that.

@Xero786 is currently using gravemaker tank flanked by Evelyn and Zeline with Alasi and misandra wings. 3 color defense, blue red green. Looks super sick.

I also want to be that sick but I don’t have so many heroes. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

All level 30 troops too, this is the stuff I’ve had dreams about lmao

Unless you rob a bank or strike lottery. Guess we won’t be seeing lv30 troops in our lineup any time soon. :joy::laughing:

1 Like

Just a thought but I was thinking of putting Delilah and Vivica on the ends of my defense party. They’re both fully leveled up and I thought they might add some good defense to my defense team

I’m not a big fan of two healers on a team, unless you have no heavy hitters and you just want to try to endure long enough to wear them down.

My .02

1 Like

Just a thought, I’m sick of when they don’t play the game being attacked a hundred times but what do you think about two of the same color on your attack team or is that bad

I know you’re just using that as an example, but that’s a pretty easy lineup to kill. I would just stack blues in that scenario and not even take a green hero, but I also have a very strong blue team. Guin flanked by two purples is a nut I can’t crack.

Maybe a better example is gravemaker flanked by Evelyn and Zeline :wink:

That is color stacking, and it can be helpful. When taking on much stronger teams it’s often needed. The more of the same color you stack, the more risk you take, but it also can pay off big time. Two of the same color that is strong against opponents tank can often be a good strategy.

I keep going back and forth on what color is a better flank for GM. I’d personally rather face GM flanked by 2 greens (I use Marjana, Alasie, Aeron, Magni GM) than GM flanked by 2 blues (haven’t figured out my best approach there yet).

My thought is, that against GM + greens, you can take 2 blues, 2 reds. So, you have 2 strong against the tank and two neutral against the tank while you have 2 strong and 2 weak against the flank.

Now, let’s say you’re going against GM flanked by 2 blues. If you want to take any heroes that are strong against the blue flanks, you’ll be weak against the tank.

I know my view here is influenced by my strong red and blue heroes while having a weak green team, but curious about the arguments for green flanks instead of blue for a red tank. I’m sure I’m missing something…

Green flanks to a red tank make your blue attackers awkward to the flank heroes. Especially if the green flanks are Evelyn and Zeline. Both fast heroes and Evelyn reduces your defense to nature. Makes your blue attackers to the red tank super awkward.

It all depends on what you have on your roster. Different rosters have different approach. I use the purple tank flanked by yellow defense. Serves me well enough to survive around 2600-2700. But mind you I still lose heavily against what are supposed to be weaker teams. So this is a subjective matter.

Best to speak in general terms. If the enemy has GM tank flanked by Zeline and Lianna. I would be sure ■■■■ hell fear if my starting board doesn’t mess with me. Almost zero chance to recover if your first few turns mess up and GM gets his special on you twice. Even if you get to kill him you would have 2-3 weakened heroes and Zeline will either finish them off or Lianna will be sure to take one down.

Some here in this forum just imagine the best possible scenario if starting board is good and with their heroes they can overcome a superb enemy lineup.

Superior lineups punish bad boards and weaker ones don’t and give you more chances to recover. That’s the main difference.

1 Like

Against a 3 color team of Misandra, Evelyn, Gravemaker, Zeline, Alasie… I could be wrong but I think my best bet is to take mono red, it’s just tricky to attack this team and be happy with the colors you bring. Blue against the tank isn’t good against the rest of the team. Red is good against the flanks but also not great against the rest of the team. Green for the wings is a bad idea with gravemaker tank. I think I’d just load up on red and hope for the best, try to crash through the middle and kill the wings with specials…

But that’s not a team I’d like to attack at all, it’s a great defense where you’ll be punished very quickly and it’s tricky to stack colors comfortably. I’d just hope to get lucky with mono red.

Theres a good case to stack yellow or purple against a red/green/blue setup.

1 Like

Cookie Settings