🧙 Camilla – 5* Ice / Blue from Tower of Magic

New Tower of Magic Hero is Released: Camilla

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Camilla, as well as your thoughts on Camilla.

Camilla

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Sorcerer
M
Magic
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 905 925 1598
4/90 1036 1059 1828
Origin Family
Tower of Magic Magic
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Stack on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, all enemies get -5% mana generation stack. If the Special Skill is fully changed, all enemies get two stacks.
:hourglass: Ability: Damage on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to deal 100% damage to all enemies. If the Special Skill is fully changed, the chance is 100%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mechanical Augmentations
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100%/200% mana:
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • Boosts health of all allies by 400. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
    • All allies get +40% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • Reduces the max health of all enemies by 800. All boosted health is removed. Max health can’t get lower than 30% of the original max health.
    • All enemies get -54% defense against Special Skills for 5 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Magic” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Magic Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to cast +5% mana generation stack on a random ally when this hero casts their Special skill.
    Maximum stack size: 10

Note: Family bonus can be triggered on the first and second mana charge too.
The new heroes have passive abilities too, which can be triggered on the second mana charge only.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased to 821 from 832.
  • Defense is increased to 840 from 821
  • Charge 1: 300 max HP reduction of all enemies is replaced with 400 HP boost to all allies.
  • Charge 1: -34% defense decrease of all enemies for 3 turns is replaced with +40% defense increase of all allies for 3 turns.
  • Charge 2: 800 HP boost of all allies is replaced with 800 max HP reduction of all enemies.
  • Charge 2: 74% defense increase of all allies for 5 turns is replaced with -54% defense decrease of all enemies for 5 turns.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Tower of Magic Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v57]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Camilla ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Camilla.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Camilla and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Camilla worth summoning for?

• Would you use Camilla on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Camilla ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Camilla as an opponent?

• Would you give Camilla Sorcerer Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Camilla’s character design?

• If you Summoned Camilla and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Camilla, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Camilla when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Camilla, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Camilla (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Camilla), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Camilla (post release)

:question: Is Camilla worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Camilla would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Camilla’s Primary Purpose is?

• Max Health Reducer
  • Defense Debuffer
  • HP Booster (Immediate)
  • Defense Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Camilla compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Camilla’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Camilla’s Base Stats?

Note this means Camilla’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Camilla worth giving Sorcerer Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Camilla is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Camilla is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Camilla worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Camilla then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

1 Like

will be really strong once this balance update comes out. will definitely be the strongest rival of horus, seeing as horus is an ailment, to 3 at 7-6 tiles, this will be 6-5 tiles to all and not an ailment so harder to resist. not to mention defense down against specials, which stacks alongside regular defense down. very powerful hero. second charge is pretty strong but more attack team focused with the boosted health nerf.

1 Like

Wow, shes been buffed with release

2 Likes

Nah, she’s been nerfed a lot (which is nice cous she would have been OP as hell if released in beta-form). What would have made her dangerous was the faster-than-very-fast max health reduction with the v58 “balance” update coming.

Now she’s “just” good. I’m glad they switched the 1x and 2x mana charge properties around.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for listening us. Now she is great but not OP

1 Like

Morning all.

Wanted to share the below:

2 Likes

That passive - stack on special, is quite a killer tbh.

1 Like

Yes, they did that. The OP is adjusted with this, and now polls are enabled.

1 Like

Full card for those interested.

Not sure how I feel about her since they swapped the 1x and 2x skills. I’m overloaded with unlevelled blues (and Sorcerers!) so I don’t think she will get levelled any time soon… unless that passive turns out to be a gamechanger.

2 Likes

So, I just pulled her, when actually all I wanted was the 3* hero :joy:

Anyway, in terms of blue projects, I’m currently looking at: Camilla, Hippo, or Himeros, and based on my roster… I’m likely still going to stick with Hippo. She actually reminds me a lot of cRumpel’s card but … not as good (in some respects) but without the randomness

1 Like

I see Camilla primary as an offensive hero, as most magic heroes, but I faced her now 2 times while raiding.
Even from a protected space as the center in a 2 front 3 back formation she fired three times on first charge. That gives a healthy dose of survival and a painful passive.

I dont know if they improved the mechanisms but feel both Ninjas and Magic heroes (new ones) have become better at casting at right times.

Anyway, this improved my opinion of her (but would do Hippo first anyway @Orion_Fervor

5 Likes

It’s that mana passive stack that makes the new magic heroes so dangerous, VF mana control is insane to me.

I’m C2P so I don’t have a hero to test, can anything block the passive? I know taunt doesn’t.

I would guess they cannot be cleansed like other stacks unless your hero has ghost form…like Ameonna?

Ailment protection might work

Removing all that boosted health, cutting max health, giving 54% defense down, and then mana degen stack…crazy. Looks like the kind of special that some will not even bother with, but when it hits…look out.

1 Like

Garnet’s ailment protection does not help against Skadi’s stack, so don’t think it will against this either.

Gazelle will work.
Anyway, it is frustrating, but not very dangerous before you are hit a couple of times

So tried Gato, can confirm it doesn’t work.

My friend has 2 of these new heroes up and running. Along with Hathor, fairly passive team on defense but I couldn’t beat it and I’ve tried with my regular raid team that can take me into the low 2800. Tried 7 times, failed 7 times. Once those stacks mount up it’s game over.

I’m sure guys with extensive strong offensive heroes will be able to cope but I’m gonna have to reroll moving forward. Just can’t compete.

1 Like

anabell gazel and this new stack reflection is only one that work, mayybe rasula

Just pulled her, and now have to decide between her, Milady DeWinter, Hetepheres, Tinsel and Oniwakamaru…

Hmmm.

As far as i know, Gazell won’t Work on stacks. At least the Last Time i Tested it against skadi, i kept the stacks.

Maybe they changed it but i don’t think so

3 Likes