California Earthquake

Was chatting with our Alliance about coordinating Harpoons so we don’t waste so many when we had a 6.6 earthquake near Ridgecrest, California. It was far enough away that we had no damage, but it was the longest earthquake I’ve ever felt. I hope everyone is ok!

7 Likes

Woah! Hope everyone is ok as well. That has to be terrifying. Glad you are ok!

3 Likes

I felt it 130ish miles away in Kingsburg.

Lots of vids on twitter of socal people showing their pool water sloshing and light fixtures swaying. lol

4 Likes

We had one last night in Port Hardy, Vancouver Island Canada. It was 6.2

Not sure if we’re on the same fault line as the California one but probably connected somehow regardless.

4 Likes

So the end of the world is going to show up BEFORE I pull Seshat?? Oh no it isn’t!!

5 Likes

Could be the same fault line. Looks like san andreas and another one converge just NW of washington.

Blue dot is the quake location of the 6.2

5 Likes

Great, it’s not enough that we live on a fault line, now they are doubling up on us.

2 Likes

Here it felt like the earth was having a chiropractic adjustment - like a long rolling stretch! I’m hoping it relieved some pressure without doing major damage…

3 Likes

Damn, earthquakes are scary. Hope everybody in California is doing well :frowning:

2 Likes

Was driving with my wife and she asked “how big is a 6.4 earthquake?” My answer was “depends. It’s big and could be devastating in an underdeveloped country. Somewhere developed should be fine. But regardless, it’s big.” She then said in LA and I said “they’ll be fine. Food knocked off the grocery store shelves.”

Then I though. Lima Prieta was 89. Northridge was 94. Ive been in bigger quakes, but many people down there have never felt one rbis big before.

Then I just felt old :pensive:.

2 Likes

California just got another earthquake, same location but 6.9 this time.

Stay safe!

3 Likes

I’m hearing 7.1. I was in Costco (a big warehouse store). I thought I was dizzy until I looked up & all the lights were swinging back & forth. Panic ensued & 100 people ran screaming to the exits. Yikes.

I live in California not far from Ridgecrest where all these earthquakes are happening. Felt yesterday’s 6.4 and today’s 7.1 quake as well as plenty of aftershocks. There’s been some small structure damages mostly in and around the area. Thankfully no lives have been lost that I’ve heard of. Hopefully this will be the last of the larger magnitudes.

3 Likes

@Novo I’m so glad you’re safe!!! A 7.1 is a powerful quake! :bouquet:

1 Like