Calculation of Alliance Wars Score – what is War Matchmaking based on? Do trophies, Titan score, or alliance score count? [SPOILER: No.]

I wanted to express my dis pleasure with the last month of wars in my alliance . We work good together and communicate well but our opponents have been way bigger then us and seen to keep getting stronger and sadly we have only won 2 out if last 6 maybe 7 wars and alot were pretty close. For example this war that ended early a.m. eastern time zone had about equal war score (170k) and a lower titan score but 12k more trophies , we currently have 22/30 members they had 21/30 so about even . Here is what’s interesting out of all the members for us and them starting with my alliance we have 9 members over 3k and I’m the only one over 3500 the lowest being around 1900 but our war opponent had 18 of 21 members all above 3k out of those 18 , 11 were above 3500 and 2 above 4k which left 5 of then between 3k-3500 and the 3 under 3k were 26, 28 and 2900 so very strong team . Again for us 1 over 3500 and 8 from 3k-3500 then the rest go from 1900-2950 for us. So tell me how in the heck was our war scores even and my alliances titan score higher then theres when they man handled us in war they reset our teams once each half we couldn’t do it to them any and ended up losing by 600 pts , out of the top 12 war attackers my group only had 3 of top 12 spots which were myself finished 1st overall, my team mate who was 2nd best for us was 9th overall and then our 3rd player was 12th . I mean they were twice as strong as us but we had same war score so something in the system is definitely flawed and has been because this is becoming a normal routine for my group. So anyone with any info , thoughts or ideas I would love to hear some thoughts please.

1 Like

What is happening with the pairings? all the opponents in the wars are lowering cups. it does not match the level of the alliance points they have with the true power of the alliance. please! How can pairing be improved?

Cup dropping shouldn’t really affect war matchmaking.

It’s based on player squads and previous record

The only thing I think gives a disadvantage is if you have lots of unlevelled 5* that gives a false impression of your strength.

2 Likes

So, the pairing considers the 30 strongest heroes of each player?

As I understand it, your top 30 heroes, and top 5 troops are counted. Also considers past war performance.

I don’t know what percentage each one adds towards the final score or figures into the matching process.

1 Like

There is a rather huge discussion going on in this thread

@zephyr1

There’s a 40 point card premium for 5* vs 4*–plus the stat differential on on those unleveled 5* heroes. Once you put a little leveling on a 4* (or a lot of leveling on a 3*), it will surpass the unleveled 5* in your roster.

1 Like

@princess1 Merged, but to Calculation of Alliance Wars Score – what is War Matchmaking based on? Do trophies, Titan score, or alliance score count? [SPOILER: No.] instead, which is more directly relevant. :slight_smile:

Thanks! :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

@zephyr1 @Garanwyn

I like helping with pointing out where players can find the right answers and if it saves you a minute to do something else, I’m happy to assist.

Could you tell me if this thread is the DEFINITIVE thread to answer that age old question/debate regarding how the war scores are not based on titans or cups?

I think this thread is excellent for that specific question, because the thread title is explicitly that (which I set), and this post is very near the top (you’ll notice it’s been linked several other places):

2 Likes

It would be very nice if someone can explain me this:

Last war - my alliance 24 members, 22 participate in war, vast majority around level 40-45, and most players defense team power between 3500 and 3800… Opponents - 24, members, over half of them levels over 45, vast majority had defense teams over 3800… Both alliances had war score 293k… We thought that we were going to loose to them, but somehow we managed to get a close win…
After the war, our alliance has war score 299,5k, as expected since we won the AW. Now comes the tricky part: opponent alliance lost a member, lost a war, yet their AW score increased to 320k…

Maybe they made some internal changes?
Meaning someone from the alliance dicided to join the war effort after the war finished.

They had to loose some points due to one player participated in the AW left/being kicked, and some points due to a loss in the AW, right? They had two “spare” members that did not participate in the AW, that could opt in for the AW after the war was finished. So, could two members opting in increase AW score over 30k (even more, since they lost one member, and lost AW)?

Depends on how strong the members are compared to the rest of the alliance.

How do they determine who gets matched with whom? This last war was absolutely stacked for the opposing team! They were all (except one) over 3000+ strong and less than half our teams are that strong. We have only won one war out of the last 4 wars! And we were never stacked that badly against our opponents! I am team leader and right now we have quite a few members that want to quit playing because of the unfairness!

It’s explained in this thread

@zephyr1

@WiscDusty It’s based on your War Score, which includes:

Okay, this post says that war history has a “minor” impact, and in most cases I believe this is correct. Usually when my alliance wins, our score goes up by about 1-2k and our opponent drops about 1-2k, but there was one war where we beat an alliance that had a much higher overall TP, and we beat them by a lot, and afterwards their war score dropped over 10k points. Is it because they presumably lost several wars in a row? Or because they were expected to win, and didn’t? (if it was a sports / horse race / Vegas bet, the odds of us winning would have been 99 to 1) Or was there some other factor at play? I checked their alliance after the war ended, none of their members quit or anything like that. Is it possible that one of their members just fed all of their best heroes to Aife out of frustration? :laughing:

Someone may have opted out of War afterwards.

Or sure, Aife got hungry. :laughing:

Hmm, yeah that would make sense. I think there were a couple who didn’t use flags. Leader probably wasn’t too happy with them (I certainly wouldn’t be, I run a tight ship).