đŸ”Ș CaitlĂ­n – 5* Holy / Yellow from Slayers of Fell Shadows

@Mosse78 unfortunately it’s not like to share

@nonareeves this attack did have Krampus with taunt. Do you think that has something to do with it?

Thank you for your comment.
In my experience, I’ve been using her every day (including testing) since maxed Caitlin on the first day of the event, but jinx has never been triggered.
I think that her jinx will only be activated for heroes with buffs that cannot be dispelled.
In this case, the jinx may have been triggered only to Krampus’ non-dispellable def buffs.

EDIT: It’s my imagination because I don’t know the exact timing when Caitlin used the skill,

1. Krampus performs taunt, defense buff, and attack buff for the entire team
  2. Caitlin uses skill to dispel taunt.
  3. Caitlin’s skill dispels taunt, so skill damege applies to the whole.
  4. The attack buff for the entire team is not dispelled, so the jinx was triggered.

The above cases are also possible.

2 Likes

Caitlin doesn’t break the buff against Ursena. but shouldn’t he break the buff first and then hit?

Heroes in the reflected color cannot dispel reflect. Same for Sonya vs. Mitsuko and Fogg vs. Theobald

1 Like

Confirmation, Caitlin can proc Jinx even with no active taunt present.

Proof:

2 Likes

Initially I asked, “Is there a hero with a buff that can’t be dispel?”
In the image, the jinx seems to be triggered by an elemental link (a buff that cannot be dispelled).
LL, Sif (left), LotL have reduced defense, and Sif (left) seems to be taking additional damage with the jinx triggered by the elemental link.

In any case, normal dispelable buffs will not trigger the jinx so far.

1 Like

Perhaps the Jinx is due to the buffs not removed on Devana (Devana is immune to buff dispells)? In the screenshot it looks like Sif’s buffs were active at the time Cat fired. So, Cat would remove buffs (sans buffs up on Devana) and then do her hit – since Devana still has Sifs buffs when Cat hits, Cat’s Jinx could be on Devana.

1 Like

Looking at the damage, I think Jinx is on left flank Sif. Devana and other Sif seem to be taking normal damage, though in the absence of defense down.

It seems likely that this Jinx proc’d due too element link on Sif. If that’s true, in most cases Caitlin will be capped at inflicting only 15% extra damage :confused:

2 Likes

As the number of friendly matches has recovered, I did some testing with the help of alliance members.
In conclusion, there is a chance that the jinx will be activated if there is any elemental link. ( For the first time I saw Caitlin activate Jinx! )
The jinx has never been activated for teams that do not have any elemental links.

edit:
I also tried the Krampus hypothesis I wrote above using Melendor and Caitlin together.
In conclusion, the hypothesis is correct, if a buff is present at the “moment of damage deals” by Caitlin, the jinx will be activated.

detail:

1. If Melendor dispels Crumps’provocation and then uses Caitlin’s skill, the jinx will not be activated except for Crumps, who has a defensive buff that cannot be dispelled. (Note the damage done and have confirmed no jinx is applied other than Krampus.)
  2. If Melendor did not dispel Krampus taunt and Caitlin used the skill, the jinx was triggered with high probability because all opponent team members, including Krampus, had buffs left.
3 Likes

So her Wizard class makes her a powerful anti-taunt niche weapon?

A moderate/maybe decent vs hotm

And still generally good otherwise.

So she is a great counter for Krampus, gtk

1 Like

I agree its missmatched, but potentially wizard talent can work on elemental links even though they cant be dispelled
 Bad solace though :slight_smile:

1000+ damage from the dispeller!!! Well! This shows the capabilities of this hero I think in the right situation

What it means is that she’s good but not the hands-down best Wizard in the game she’d be if she could Jinx any buff.

She’s still a great dispeller but not the best wizard unless you have many element links/undispellable buffs on the enemy team.

IMO, she’s not the one to bring against taunt.

4 Likes

In conclusion, Caitlin is a poor choice for wizard class. Most stronger defenses aren’t using HOTM; and even if they are using one, jinx would only have 25% chance to do an extra 15% dmg to that one hero. Overall, I won’t be embleming mine. I’d rather her be literally any other class but wizard. SG pls fix lul

3 Likes

From the history of offline raid attack, I have been attacked by many mono teams including HotM.
Possibly, Caitlin might be strong is better to belong to the defense team.

Maybe but I don’t usually factor in the use of heir class talent as a high priority when deciding on heros lol

3 Likes

I’m not saying necessarily that she’s a poor choice for your wizard emblems (although I personally think shes a poor choice for my own wizard emblems). That will depend on your roster and other factors. I’m saying from a game design aspect, it was a poor choice to make her a wizard.

1 Like

They couldn’t make her TOO strong.

Maybe the Wizard class was chosen as a way to “compensate” for the undispellable buffs that she can’t remove? But then again, SG did make Raffael immune to attack down so I could be giving them too much credit here

1 Like