I apologize in advance for the wall of text – hopefully answers will help those that come later!
I’m in the C2P camp with 12 days left on my first VIP and about 22 days in the game +/-. Gems and daily summons aside I’m contemplating the need for VIP again against variables such as next steps in terms of building strategy, short/medium term game goals, and getting the most out of a second builder while I have it. I sure would appreciate any advice from those who have ‘been there, done that’, validation of my assumptions, and anyone who would be willing to throw any additional advice out there for things I might not have thought of.
At a high level:
- SH: 12
- TC: 12, 7, 4
- I don’t have a particularly strong or leveled 3* rainbow team yet. I bounce between 500 & 600 cups with a 1,914 power primary map/raid team & 1,914 defense team (ironically same power)
- Heroes: 1x 5* (lucky Drake HOTM pull), 2x 4* (defense types), ~8x 3* (2 or 3 keepers but nothing fancy really)
I feel like I have 3 general milestones/options:
- Upgrade the lagging 2 TCs to 11. Pros are more 3*, faster feeder production, can take advantage of the second builder to solidify the castle with left over iron – ie raise farms to 9 for long term production
- Push SH to 15 for additional buildings/land. Extra mine will facilitate quicker growth. At this point I could raise the lagging TCs to 11 and then push to TC20.
- Push SH to 20 and then circle back to raise neglected areas
It would seem option 3 isn’t a push as much as a long-term slog that because of the timeframe involved might suck some of the fun out of the game. I think what I’m really trying to balance is option 1 or 2 with a key piece being how important that last mine actually is (or isn’t). Obviously key to leveling the SH is the iron and time that go into the iron storages and then upgrading the SH.
General assumptions based on things I’ve read:
Farms @ 9 +/- are sufficient for the initial TC20 and perhaps beyond
Forge @ 8 is good for battle items until TC20 is achieved
Mines @ 13 +/- are sufficient for TC20 unless you want a number of high level battle items (by default though this includes a 4th mine at 13 though)
3x Houses @ 5 (storage of 72) is sufficient until TC20
A lower level, second forge (not barracks) seems to be an optional item not needed but useful for when primary forge is being upgraded
TC: 12, 7, 4
Mines: 3 @ 12
Farms: 7 @ 8
Forge: 8, 5 (barracks – sorta regret the iron spend at this point of the game but /shrug)
Iron Storage: 4 @ 10
Food Storage: 1 @ 7, 2 @ 6
House: (72) 3 @ 5