C. Kadilen dodged Cobalt charged to stage 3

Is C. Kadilens dodge not counted as defensive buff?

Unfortunately, I didn’t took a screenshot but I just finished a raid where a costumed Kadilen dodged the stage 3 special of my Cobalt.

I was the opinion that this should not happen, as he has a 100% chance to bypass any defensive buffs, right?

it isn’t a defensive buff. it is working as expected

good explanation here by @Guvnor

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the link, but I just started a new raid against the team and fired Cobalt after C. Kadilen:

Only C. Kadilen dodged, all other received the full damage. Looks like it is not working properly…

It is working properly. The dodge chance is 45 percent, it activated on kadi, the rest of the defensive heroes were less lucky.

It is working as intended & is consistent.

As linked above, there is a larger thread which explains it all. The short version is:

The “Defensive buff” of the pierce/bypass abilitiy takes the wording very literally: a defensive buff is if it affects the defence stat in the damage calculation.

When bypass/pierce is successful, it bypasses ALL buffs…

Please see this graphic for an explanation of how the Bypass/ Pierce stuff processes in terms of a logic sequence:

In the example shown (in post 3), you can see a Defence Buff on the enemy heroes (from Freya). This is a Defensive buff & thus can trigger the processing of the bypass ability.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Short question @staff:

Have you already finished the bachelor and master classes? Will they only be available in Helsinki or do you offer online courses as well?

Sry, just kidding…

But, why there is no official explanation for buffs, ailments etc. ? At least with season 3 and the Ninjas, the specials are getting more and more confusing. An official release / guide could make it much easier and comfortable for your player base…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Cobalt at charge x3 does not ignore Kadilen’s masked reinforcements. This is a bug?

in the Buff Booster tournament Kadilene’s mask skill is considered booster as it is increasing the attack of the team’s heroes.

You probably got bypassed. Cobalt’s special can enable bypass, depending on the charge. If at x3 charge, he can bypass the special skills. Kadilen can decrease the amount of damage, but if Cobalt bypasses the special, then the standard damage, I believe, is applied.

1 Like

I thought Cobalt on charge x3 would bypass Kadilen’s dodge

It is the regular Kad.
I think she should reduce the damage intake as it is a def buff. But we need to test more.

Does “Kadilen” mean “Costume Kadilen”?
Cobalt’s bypass skill applies to counterattacks, defence buff and elemental reflect, so dodge cannot be bypassed.

Tks. I thought charge x3 could bypass the dodge too
:smiley:

As stated in the title, if I charge my Cobalt with 3x Mana charge he should have a 100% chance to bypass any defensive buffs - and in my view costume KadiIens dodge IS a defensive buff, so Cobalts attack should bypass it!

In my honest opinion cKadilens dodge is one of the worst defensive buffs to go against anyway, as enemies can dodge the dispells too, and that 45% dodge chance is a lie as they usually dodge 8-9 attacks out of ten - that’s more like 80-90% chance! (Did a small statistics and from 100 fired specials the dodge happened 77 times, that is not 45%…)

Anyway, we are not here to discuss the chances but rather to find out why cKadilens dodge doesn’t count as a defensive buff that should be bypassed by Cobalts 3x charge attacks, can we get an answer please?

2 Likes

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/cobalt-x3-charge-vs-kadilen/245417

1 Like

Here’s another one