Buff Xnolphod

The Nerf was way to much as 10% Mana buff has nearly no impact as it can make slow heroes fire in 9 tiles only if you provide them with lvl 29 magic or styx troops.

Which means, this Nerf completly destroyd the point of Xenolphod for the majority of players.

Buff him back to 15% Mana and maybe 36% heal so he is usefull again but not that overpowert.

Especially because there will be a Styx hero comming up soon who gives the Team 40% heal and 15% mana with 9 tiles.

Which means, the playerbase will be even more outraged, when you tell them, Xnolphod is only balanced with 40% heal and 10% Mana while you sell another hero with 40% heal and 15% Mana

This I think is the key point. Apparently I am out of votes, but will shuffle them around later to vote for this.

8 Likes

One thing I don’t understand is, why did they already change how heroes like him can be used in Tower events, and later nerfed him anyway?

SG is weird :smiley:

2 Likes

Xnolphod just got destroyed! I spent thousands of dollars got only a few good heroes and the destroyed my only good hero and leave Alfrike killing everyone out there! Not spending another penny. Twenty new heroes a month. Always better that what you have. If you get a good one, they nerf it! Even though Alfrike is unbeatable

5 Likes

what is the proposed buff?

Alfrike is far from unbeatable. Maybe in rush. Xnol destroys more than Ludwig

Can be merged to following for consolidation of votes @Dudeious.Maximus

2 Likes

I agree worh the 36% heal and 15% mana gain. I too was think 10% mana gain pretty much mad him null when you see melina guarentee 10% off of special 2. Plus she gives mana buffs randomly

2 Likes

I totally agree. I have xnopl and they kill me easily. I am against all the nerfs, the beauty of the game is to fight against heroes that are difficult to win, and if one is very powerful, you have to find a way to kill him,

5 Likes

Honestly did anyone use Xnolphod for his heal? One of the most balanced characters was nerfed? If I wanted a healer in that spot I’d use c. Rigard as he is now more useful with his damage boost. Kunckin way better as a healer… even Aeron!

He’s not on my defense and quite honestly is fairly easy to deal with on Defense. Now Ludwig or the Bee chick, they are OP. You know what I do… bypass them if the lineup doesn’t suit me. Stop with these ridiculous nerfs. This one was way beyond unnecessary and needs to be rolled back completely.

4 Likes

The nerf was necessary…

It was but they didn’t nerf him they killed him

I’d be happy if they set the mana charge for him and nearby alleys and only 15%

But 10% made him mostly useless as a mana charger, as healer I’ve other options
So the unLB , unEmeblem and unAscend would be fair as I don’t need him anymore but the resources are gone

4 Likes

If you have a bard hero, you can get away with less troops. (Doesn’t negate your argument at all, but it IS possible to charge Ludwig with 9 tiles with a mono team with Xnolphod.) I have Malicna in there too, so her tiny nudge has an effect as well, but if I put the level 23 mana troop on Ludwig, I think he’d make it in 9 with Xnolph even without Malicna.

Agreed,10% mana it’s joke

4 Likes

I feel the reason Xnolphod was so dominant is that the combination of healing power/mana speed/mana generation kept him alive no matter what people did. But that usually means if you modify one of those he will lose dominance, but they hit 2 out of 3.

Proposed alternatives:

1. Restore healing to 32%. Restore mana increase to 20% but apply only to allies not self.
  2. Keep healing at 40%. Set Mana increase to 15%.
  3. Keep mana at 10%. Increase healing to 48%.
3 Likes

Ludwig does 100% mana to nearby heroes. New 5*s are being released weekly that boost mana. There’s simply no reason not to rebalance Xno to get something more than 10%. Make him relevant again!

1 Like

There’s a significant difference between these heroes and Xnolphod. These other heroes rely on status buffs to boost mana, or in the case of Ludwig, to generate mana and only getting 100% after the 6th turn. That means this can easily be negated with dispellers, and prevented using Malosi or ailments to prevent buffs like cSabina or Mist.

Xnolphod isn’t affected by such heroes. Instead you need to resort to some of the newer heroes (forget which one gives damage when you generate mana via specials) or maybe Hel/Proteus (who also works against the other heroes).

Xnolphod definitely deserves either a quest of his own or a part in the next season. He was on a mission to resurrect the main villain of season 2, but he was stopped by accident by the fighting that was going on between Moreau and the Richard and his two girlfriends and their their inexplicably Victorian era looking companions.

1 Like

Bump 51 votes to restore some functionality.
Take a look at this over Nerf again.

2 Likes

15% Mana would be enough to make him good again

1 Like