Buff - Vela

Per Google Translate:

I have telluria and vela but I use some four stars that currently shine brighter than them. my vote is yes so that you go to the previous version.

I agree, I sign below because the new heroes already have enough power far beyond the previous ones. back vela and telluria

Also, apparently “Vela” translates to both “candle” and “sailing” in Portuguese. I’ve changed them in the translation above. :laughing:

Vell must buff, now she is no character to game , now she is ■■■■

Please use English forum rules …

I have telluria and candle but I use some four stars that currently shine brighter than them. my vote is yes so that you go to the previous version.

The Nerf on Vela was always too great, her water damage over time could be at least increased.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain that when Vela was originally released, she was hit three. They changed her to hit all and took away extra damage and attack down for red. The problem wasn’t that Vela was too powerful, it was the synergy between a Tell tank and a Vela flank. IMO, she wasn’t nerfed, but rebalanced. I found her much more useful on offense afterwards. Due to all the power creep, she has aged and it isn’t as useful as she was, so I wouldn’t mind seeing a buff, but I don’t want to see her in her original form.

Edit: Just did a little searching that I should have done before posting, and I was wrong because she was always hit all and the main change was that her attack down was to all instead of just red. Regardless, I still found her more useful afterwards.

Whether partly-reinstated or straight buffed, Vela could really use something

For goodness’ sakes, compare Zeline, who is a 2018 HotM

• 143% damage to all
  • -34% attack for 4 turns to all
  • +damage to Ice
  • dispel enemy buffs to all

to Vela (2020)

• 130% damage to all
  • 177 DoT over 3 turns to all
  • -24% attack for 3 turns to all

Vela should at least be competitive with a fellow HotM who is two years older. Some of her former “anti-fire” mojo may now be a Kalevala thing, but the minimal boring buff would be making Vela in line with being a blue Zeline. (Maybe give her cleanse instead of dispel.)

5 Likes

Agreed, she needs to be brought back to her original release.

1 Like

I do not have her, but I agree to buff her. Maybe we get more veraity in tanks .

They’ve gone so deep and far with power creep in the last year, that they could actually not only bring Vela to her original form, but even buff that original form and she would still not be overpowered.

2 Likes

My suggested buff is this:

Vela
:new: Dispel buffs from all enemies.
Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
:up: All enemies receive 258 Water damage over 4 turns.
All enemies get -34% attack for 4 turns.
Element link gives all Ice allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

1 Like

Frankly, I really liked the “extra damage to Fire” more than I need her to be a debuffer. But I certainly don’t use her any more the way she is now.

2 Likes

Yeah she needs a buff. Vela sits on my bench, its not that I have a significant bench, its just that regular Magni, Perseus, and Sonya all have better use than her for the opponents I face… She even became much more redundant with costume kiril who has a better attack debuff. When the special is as weak as it is in the current state making a third of it the same impact as my healer made it an easy choice to sit her out on fights, cause small damage and small DOT do not make a significant impact fighting teams… the best part of her special is the attack debuff and it isn’t even that good in the current form.

Pretty sure this was pointed out right after the nerf, but it’s no less relevant today. This is more evidence that she only got hit so hard because of the synergy with Telluria, not because she was OP to by herself. Now that Telluria has been long-forgotten by most people as a tank of choice, Vela remains severely crippled - even by the standards of her release date - for no reason.

Agree. If I need a fast, blue debuffer, I have multiple Sonyas for that. She has five-star durability, even if her hit is a bit wimpy. I want Vela - a HotM - to do something unique and special. She had that with the extra damage against fire, which I remember being a pretty significant extra.

2 Likes

I’m hoping even more relevant, since SG is now actively soliciting suggestions for buffs of old heroes.

If they are serious about taking player response on board, feedback on Vela has been (and still seems to be) pretty close to unanimous that Vela could use something like her old strength back, at minimum, especially compared to the heroes (and unwarranted buffs!) we see dropping today.

1 Like

Vela more than need a DECENT BUFF, she deserves it.

She was nerfed because telluria was overpowered. Like? Non sense. Specially with nowdays heroes.

Gargoyles got buff loooollll and they ignore what they did to her. At least bring -34% attack to all and extra damage to fire back. So she can be on pair with a 2018 hotm (zeline)

Also why this topic going to be deleted?!

Did you have them when the nerfs happened?

I’m not sure, but it appeared to me that the first 10 or so topics came with “will automatically be deleted in 7 days”

@Dudeious.Maximus anything you can do to fix the auto delete on this thread?

2 Likes

Maybe some problem during merging ?
Usually I saw such in topics that merged to another topic.

I am asking DM in PM to check this.

1 Like

Definitely she needs a buff! l see many good suggestions

Here is mine on another topic:

1 Like

Thx @Dudeious.Maximus for removing the “to be deleted flag” from this topic.

4 Likes