Buff Telluria/Vela/Frigg/Odin back after the release of S4 heroes

Agreed, the game needs balancing but nerfing or buffing the most popular heroes in the game amongst the whales isn’t addressing the real root problems.

4 Likes

Frigg should has a buff? Are you crazy?

2 Likes

Why not buff Khagan/Horghall/Justice? Ok they got costumes but these are hard to get and tbh, even with costumes slow S1 5* are almost nothing compared to S4.

At the same time you want buffs for 2 powerfull heroes - Frigg and Odin, who will be able to face S4 without them

5 Likes

Because the creator of the topic obviously has Frigg and Odin and wants to see them rise in power again.

On topic - I don’t think SG care about balance or anything. They care about profits. So I actually predict further nerfing of S3 heroes in order for them to encourage people to cash-pull from the S4 portal more. It’s a common marketing strategy with this type of games.

Will try to break it down here. It’s really nothing more but following the thought process of those who develop the game (and other similar developers of similar games):

Q: Ok, we want more money, how can we get those?
A: Let’s make another add to the game, more maps, more heroes, more stuff to buy!
Q: But which players will give us most cash?
A: Whales, who are always willing to dump thousands of cash in a game like this for whatever strange reasons.
Q: Ok, but those whales already have all maxed 5-star premium heroes - they already have all shiny toys. They won’t buy the new ones. How to make them do it?
A: Just damage their shiny toys more. And show them the new undamaged yet toys we have prepared for them in store!

1 Like

Odin and frigg will get a nerf just like vela and telluria. Just a matter of time as they will need big spenders to buy new hero’s to go crazy on.

All new Buff/Nerf threads are on probation due to them attracting incivility and repetitive arguments.

Disciplinary action is more likely on these threads. This does not imply the moderators opinion on this topic, it is a reflection of negative atmosphere such threads often create.

Please see this guide and the forum rules for advice on how to discuss balance changes constructively and respectfully.

Thanks for your support,

Jonah

7 Likes

Once a new hero is released that overshadows the original version of a needed hero the original version is immediately restored.

That would mean telluria, Vela, Odin…would be restored. This moves nerfed heroes from paperweights, to benched until further notice.

This would be a nice compromise that wouldn’t immediately break the game. It would just communicate that the original version of a hero was a bit too strong for its time, but as power creep increases the original strength of hero will be restored.

Whether that’s all at once, or incrementally both would be great!

But something like this would bring infinite value.

Telluria for example could be restored now when you compare her to Hulda.

Odin could be restored when compared to the upcoming Styx heroes

Something like this turns nerfs from sorry about your luck, into perhaps it’s too strong right now, but it could be valuable in the future.

SGG throw us a bone here, this suggestion is more than fair and would really win a lot of favor from the community, while simultaneously softening the blow of nerfs. Not talking about Kalo here, plenty of thread for that.

But Odin, telluria, and Vela being restored would be stupendous!

5 Likes

buffing (more like restoring) older heroes doesn’t make SG money… plain and simple
They’d never do it… They’d just release a costume for those heroes, so that you can hope to buy back the power, only to get the costume you bought, nerfed again
rinse and repeat…

In short, SGs finance department would outright reject any such policy…
Simply not good for business

4 Likes

6hjcbt

4 Likes

They are not going to negotiate with any player.

The only move on the board is to uninstall.

2 Likes

I know that they probably won’t, but perhaps, there is 1 dev left, 1 mighty warrior to fight for us! One great hero who has bought coffee, donuts, and lunch from the fancy sandwich shop for the office enough times that he can cash in all his chips and implement this one fix.

This suggestion just this one, the lowest bar of kindness possible, would in fact begin to improve their relationship with the player base.

We need a hero que 80s rock music!!!!

5 stages of grief:
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

1 Like

LMAO

When do you expect depression phase to hit?

Players will cope by dumping more micro transactions into gems. Wouldn’t be shocked if their sales go up after a few days.

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: sorry sorry

That was my immediate reaction when I read your OP.

It’s a great suggestion. :+1:

And your hope that there’s one Dev left with a kind enough heart to try to salvage something for his previous customers, who brought him so much money …. :+1:

By now, Zynga owns SGG outright. 100%. In turn Zynga is now 100% owned by Take Two.

Zynga is no longer a public listed company. They have been delisted. After buying back all public shares.

The original Development team (founder, creator, VC) have all been bought out. To their merriment. They can buy their own islands by now.

If the creator or team of creators had valued their creation as an heirloom or at least as a prized possession, they wouldn’t have sold out to Zynga. They wouldn’t have sold out at all. They would have stayed as an indie software company, and been comfortable. Doing their own thing. Earning great piles of money too.

But no, they sold out. Partly to tap on Zynga’s wider reach to the rest of the global gaming market. Zynga had a much stronger distribution reach. Zynga in turn wanted access to their algorithms, that were market leaders then.

It was a compatible match, even to me. Both parties got what they wanted/needed at that point in time.

The victims (I can’t think of a better word) were the players, who were milked, and who are still being milked for their hard earned cash. Think about it :

Original SGG shareholders : Benefitted.
Zynga : Benefitted
Apple/Google : Benefitted

Who fed all these parties ? Us players.

Even the f2p contributed by watching MV, and by forming the base for p2p players.

By now it’s pretty obvious that Zynga is calling the shots. Since they acquired the last 6.67% in early 2022.

The spate of buffs and nerfs have escalated. Their motives are transparent. They no longer apologise for nerfs or clearly money-driven buffs.

So please let go of your hope. It won’t happen.

Embrace reality and decide how you want to proceed if you still want to play.

It’s still a good game by today’s standards. Just smelly due to the money-flavoured farts from Zynga/SGG: too much money. Problem digesting.

5 Likes

Y Frigg también… Hay algunos Héroes va deberían volver a su STATUS original…

Your only hope is for Odin, Telluria and Vela costumes making them game dominant again. Happy gaming!

but it does
they get featured in portals like atlantis and before in tavern of legends making them desirable again and worth using gems for.

currently if i see heroes like noor featured, it is a hard pass for me to even try and i know i am not the only one

Only if the new player base is a growth area. Which it’s not.

Why do you think Zynga is flogging this game in other game video portals? To get as many new players as they can. To reduce the net loss in player base month on month.

And queue the montage!!