Buff Odin - GOD OF WAR

With a maxed damage of 244% to all and attack stat of 920 (fully LB+20), Odin his hit is simply way under the average of newer heroes. I do not have the costume (is it even out already?), but even with it, his performance in today’s meta is simply not on par.

• His damage should be increased to 220% plus 18% per holy tile (max 8) - this would result in still a mediocre 364% to all. This is still rather low compared with the newer heroes but will make him appealing again.
  • The mana increase should start at +12% and can remain maxed out at 28% when 8 tiles are present.

After all, he is the God of all Gods… the All-Father… and The God of War!

Don’t ya worry, the costume is on the way.

3 Likes

Good. Still, it will be a slightly harder slap in the face but not the thunderous boom the God of War should give to knock out all opponents…

I was always under the impression that in Norse mythology the “God of War” was Tyr… So lets buff all the supposed “Gods of War”… Ares, Tyr and Guan Yu!

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm: :wolf:

1 Like

From Wikipedia (Odin - Wikipedia):
Odin (/ˈoʊdɪn/;[1] from Old Norse: Óðinn ) is a widely revered god in Germanic paganism. Norse mythology, the source of most surviving information about him, associates him with wisdom, healing, death, royalty, the gallows, knowledge, war, battle, victory, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet, and depicts him as the husband of the goddess Frigg.

Tyr (Týr - Wikipedia):
Týr (/tɪər/;[1] Old Norse: Týr, pronounced [tyːr]) is a god in Germanic mythology, a valorous and powerful member of the Æsir and patron of warriors and mythological heroes. In Norse mythology, which provides most of the surviving narratives about gods among the Germanic peoples, Týr sacrifices his hand to the monstrous wolf Fenrir, who bites it off when he realizes the gods have bound him.

So it seems Odin is the God of War, but Tyr is the ‘saint’ of the warriors.

2 Likes

Costume is weak compared to current standards… They need to do something special for Odin, not just him being average or less

Fair enough… I see your links and raise you links…
Tyr – Mythopedia.

Acorinding to the last one we are both right…ish :grin:

Edit: Oooh, and fun fact, if you type “Norse god of war” into google it will give you more links to Tyr than Odin

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm: :wolf:

2 Likes

I could use the same quote and same argument to try to tell you that Odin is the god of poetry …

Singling out war from that seems a stretch

2 Likes

No, Odin is god of poetry

Odin is the God of Everything as he is the King of Gods for the Greek Mythology.

Just pointing out that Odin is the Big Man, also associated with war, but is now designed as a 3rd class hero dressed up for some costumed party.
To be clear, I have Odin at LB+20 and still use him a lot in a yellow stack to boost Eloise and Viv C2’s mana, but I do not count on his damage.

It’s like creating a hero called ZEUS or JUPITER and then just let him hit all with 80% and heal for 10% of dealt damage. Makes no sense. That’s all I’m indicating here. The King of the Gods should do some real useful stuff; unconditionally.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

And there is Anne who destroys like Odin should. Really unfair

I remember when I started playing E&P and everyone was “Let’s nerf Odin and Frigg”. I was thinking Odin was quite a catch. Got him a few month ago, he will be waiting quite a bit for levelling :slight_smile: