Buff Myztero

We all know if your healer is charged and everyone is near full health, to hold the skill. Thanks for the tip tho. I’m sure the aged @NotoriousDAD was most enlightened :yum:

Here’s more tips:
Holding a skill and waiting for the opportune moment to strike is not an advantage to the hero!

It is an attempt by the player to gain advantage…

Because Fenrir is charged and waiting for an enemy to become less than 50% health. That does not make Fenrir a better hero… it makes the player more strategic and a bit of a gambler.

Which is why I emphasize the word attempt

There is no guarantee that holding a skill will result favorably!

Here are some things that can go wrong:

1. While holding your skill you set off a cascade and die.
  2. While holding your skill you don’t set off a cascade and still die.
  3. While holding your skill you send enough tiles to have fired the skill a second time.
  4. While holding your skill you set off an enemy who casts silence, mindless attack or drains your mana.
  5. etc. etc. etc.

It maybe dubious. And wishful thinking.
But hopefully… they do not release another Hotm-Kraken on us again, and flood our raid buttons.
But, when you get elated by the rarest of hero pulls. And excitedly level it up, only to find it sitting there charged, waiting for an ailment… then watch his brains get bashed out by slash attacks

Please understand… that this:

Is BS! There’s really no flexibility. Just a reliance on ally’s and an abundance of defense. What you wind up with, is a fragile hero who does minion damage.

Without tanky stats, isn’t it neat how the AI has such accurate aim on charged heroes!! Finally get that ailment you’ve been waiting for just to watch it kill him…

If his speed is meant to translate to value for his rarity. That winds-up…just being cattywampus instead.

Myztero needs a strong supporting cast aimed at dragging matches out.
Any hero requiring “in-depth help” combined with rarity and secrecy…
should bring more to the table than only casting Farce of Forest because GM and Joon didn’t target him

Good thing too. Cuz Joon would have killed him

1 Like

Yes, Myztero needs a buff, he should atleast be useable. There are a few that never are played in any circumstance, wich is bad. Make him useable.

1 Like

I gotta say well said …Im impressed with your analytical response. I’m honestly not as very articulate and in depth with this game as many as you are here but I’m getting there . I’m slowly realizing and really understand how to use each hero - offense & defense … I’ll hopefully be at everyone’s level here … I’m really working on it …

Thank you .

1 Like

I gotta say well said …Im impressed with your analytical response. I’m honestly not as very articulate and in depth with this game as many as you are here but I’m getting there . I’m slowly realizing and really understand how to use each hero - offense & defense … I’ll hopefully be at everyone’s level here … I’m really working on it …

Thank you .

I have him in my hero roster however he is not so useful by the time he applies his skills he is dead… Definitely he needs a buff… Being a rare hero he should be super special… With current skills he is just an 5 star hero in my roster…

2 Likes

Thanks for that. But I think I would be happier if I were dangling toes in the water rather than diving head first.

No matter what your idea is,
Someone will think otherwise…

And the challenge I find, for debating balance…is how different stages of the game can create adversaries who are both correct. Or both wrong…
depending on Your stage of the game!

So don’t worry @BlackWidow7
Dive right in
The water is boiling!

But Myztero needs too many life guards. Or wind up like the Baby Ruth on Caddyshack…

The aged @NotoriousDAD can use all the help he can get in this game. By his own admission he has lost the ability to win because the game is “rigged”. So always happy to help a brother out

It is not the holding of the skill and waiting that is an advantage to the hero, it is the fact that the hero gives you that option. The faster the hero, the more options are opened up. Is his special one you that a blind monkey can fire as soon as it is available? No.
You have to hold specials with Grazul, you have to do it with Lady Loki, and reason and logic tells me you have to do it with Myztero. Myztero gives you far more options as to when he can do it thatn Lady Loki. He gives you options such as dumping tiles into an opposing hero early, if he is already ready. It boggles me that I have to explain this.

Fenrir’s special is a little bit different. It depends on the opposing hero health, and that is dependant on your own moves but also the on-color tiles avaliable to you. Holding his special may mean that you never get a good opportunity to optimise it. With Myztero if you don’t have the perfect opportunity to strike as soon as his special is ready, you need to either wait or strategically place tiles (of any color) into the opposing heroes that will optimise his special. That puts the control almost completely in your court - make the right moves, time it right, and keep him alive and his special will devastate. And his speed means gives you a wider spectrum of opportunity to do so.

Duh. There is no guarantee that firing a special straight away will kill an opponent, or that the status ailment will be effective, or that a cascade won’t result in a heal or cleanse to undo the special. This is part and parcel of the game. But holding the special of a fast hero for the opportune time is much more likely to succeed in an optimal use of the special than if that same hero were slower.

All this applies to any strategic hero such as Grazul. I sometimes find myself holding Grazul and

1. Not firing at all
  2. Getting enough tiles to have fired her twice
  3. She dies

Does that mean she has no advantage at very fast speed? Absolutely not. It means that in some circumstances her being very fast is a life saver, and in others it won’t be a factor at all. But the option of her firing at very fast is always an advantage that she has for someone who can take advantage of that advantage.

This is what you end up with if you don’t form the right team and you don’t use him properly. Is he niche? Probably. Until I get him (which is probably never) I probably won’t conclusively know if he is at the same level of nicheness as Lady Loki (not very) or if he is more niche.

Yes, his stats aren’t tanky. But he is sturdy enough to survive long enough to make the most of his special. To compare his unemblemed stats:
725 D 1332 H

Across various raid and war teams I run the following heroes:
Mist D 711 H 1339 (+18)
Proteus D 702 H 1259 (+20)
Musashi D 715 H 1321 (+15)
Brynhild D 699 H 1398 (+19). I use her for raid and war tank

Most of these guys run without a cleanser. And somehow… magically… they survive long enough to use their specials once or twice to help win the match! And this comparison is to unemblemed Myz - if you emblem him to make him more sturdy he can get to 818 D and 1551 H (possibly more, I just looked at a random image). There is no way that you can’t make this guy survive to use his special once or twice to devastating effect even without the benefit of a cleanser. Having one healer should be enough.

The more I look at his ability and stats the less I believe this is true. A cleanser is ideal, but not mandatory. A healer is a must, but then a healer is a must in most team configs. Other support heroes or buffers would help. But I am certain I could integrate him into a number of my existing configs which are in no way overpowered, and have him improve those existing configs.

Again, given that I don’t have him this is all debate based on reason and logic and extrapolating based on the heroes that I have. But really hoping that sometime in the near future I will get a burst of extreme luck and I will be able to show this in practice rather than in theory

I don’t mean to over simplify your
very lengthy extrapolation but…
When you say:

In your theory craft:

• Where are the boards that have a single 3-connect option?
  • Where are the unplanned cascades?
  • Why does your extrapolation seem to include the enemy AI relentlessly targeting Myztero instead of his allies?

As I originally said…

There is no doubt, down in the Platinum Arena, you can set him with Noor and Grazul and run him until the 5 minute timer appears. And make spectacular videos of his skill obliterating opponents all the live long day.

Also…
In the Diamond Arena…
You can leave out all the videos where he sits there charged and doesn’t play out. Or even gets wiped before you get purple tiles. And show the rare footage of him after collecting his ailments from foolish AI.
It does happen.
And some folks may point at such vids and beat their chest.

But not so often against these fast…debilitating enemies. Certainly not often enough for anyone to chase! I do NOT recommend anyone waste gems on pursuing Myztero in his current form. I use my S1’s over him. There are too many other superior options.
More Consistent options!
For the Slow Azlars, and the like…

Which is the majority point…

For such a rare and Secret hero

Myztero’s luster is barely a flicker…

The so-called “control” and “option” that you keep referencing for the hero you don’t have, Is more about waiting for enemy AI to target him, whilst struggling to keep him alive…

1 Like

I wholeheartedly concur. My maxed Myztero collects dust on the bench because he just doesn’t do enough with enough consistency for me. I had the mats to max him, but really…a LOT of 4* heroes are way better than him. Mine doesn’t even make it off the bench to play during wars! That’s crazy for a hero of such rarity! Can he look cool and deal some damage to the enemy? Sure, but that’s rare in my experiences.

2 Likes

I totally agree. He is the rarest hero in the game. He needs to cleanse status ailments from all allies, and do slightly more damage, or have better defense.

4 Likes

As the hardest hero to pull in the game how is he also the most useless hero in the game?!

Myztero needs to be buffed. You would think one would be excited to pull the hardest hero to get… wrong!

4 Likes

He is not the hardest to pull

He doesn’t

One (me) would be very excited to get him

1 Like

Which hero is harder to pull than .1%?

Any of the non-featured tavern of legends heroes. Haven’t done the maths on the S2 and S3 portals but it might be a similar story

He’s doing the accumulated math…when they’re NOT featured. That isn’t accurate because you can just wait until they’re featured and pull them. Mystero has the toughest summons rate.

Yeah, but that’s fuzzy logic. Just wait until they are featured and try for that hero. Mystero is never “featured”.

1 Like

I agree, Myztero is the hardest percentile tier to pull of a selected chance. Feature/Non-features/Additional summon I dont think someone should break out a non-featured divided by getting the 1 specific as it would still be a 1% chance of hitting that specific odds while Myztero will always by .1% for the mystery additional summon.

1/ Cleanse himself.

2/ Memorize status effects on all allies (not just himself).

3/ Deals additional 10% damage per Dark shield on the board, up to 200% damage in total.
All Holy enemies get -8% defense, and a further -4% decrease per each Dark shield on the board for 3 turns, up to -44% defense.

7 Likes

And maybe a passive power or 2?

Well, I got him out of the 6 pulls I did this month.

Time to prove that he is good… or eat my words!

5 Likes