Buff Jean-Francois (Feb 2020 Hotm)

it doesnt very, not much.

these are the numbers:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

If you’re doing a ton of pulls in prior months, your math is totally different from a f2p player. 10-20 total pulls a month with an opportunity at an hotm means that (generously assuming 20 pulls a month on average) after 2.5 years you’re at only 300 pulls. That isnt enough to gaurantee an hotm, far from it.

paying users do SO many pulls that the math gets all muddied up and it appears like hotm are common from free pulls. they aren’t. you are simply stacking free pulls on top of your paid pulls. that 1k toward gm juices your numbers for all pulls because you’re moving those numerators and denominators

1 Like

And you think increasing those odds for pay players and making every hotm stronger than the last is a good idea?

I actually dont think hotm should be or need to be stronger.

I also dont think JF is a priority of hotm to be rebalanced.

I do think on defense, JF is arguably one of the weakest 5* in the game, which is bizarre given he was clearly intended to be a defense team hero based on his skill.

I would prefer, if something were changed, that hero academy was released today and that I could get 5* hero costumes asap. :smiley:

these arent the right numbers. these are the numbers to pull a SPECIFIC hero. not a HOTM

1 Like

Actually not all that surprising

How many 5* DoT heroes do you see in defense that Don’t deal initial damage?

Actually how many heroes do we see period in defense that don’t deal direct damage And don’t heal?

These are the numbers you are looking for.

2 Likes

Because a HOTM has a flat 1.3% of being pulled.

Additionally, what you referenced was the % for pulling (just for example) finley out of a group of the pirates. very very different numbers

ah ok- so this supports my analysis still

99 out 100 by pull 352, this basically implies (again 20 a month) you need to play for 1year 5-6 months before you net one of them.

if your average pull is just 10 a month, than 2.5 years.

I’m sorry to keep doing this, but no.

this is wrong. This 99/100 number is saying that 99% of the time you will have received the HOTM by your 352 pull. This is saying that by the time you have made over 350 pulls you are nearly guaranteed one. this is not at all saying “you need to play for 1year 5-6 months before you net one of them.”

semantics…but important semantics

1 Like

Either way it’s not common for f2p or even c2p to get hotm

Which it was never meant to be…so I’m not really following any of this and how it’s in any way related to jf

He’s a hotm
Hotm Can be hard to get

Ok and…?

I think we are agreeing and nitpicking over how to articulate it.

the basic point, and only point really, getting hotm as a budget player (I define this as spending under 100 bucks lifetime) is really difficult. I am fine with that- though it doesnt make me happy lol

however we read and rewrite the math, it supports this point

my proposal for fixing this dude was to replace his dot entirely with just normal damage. keep the % multiplier the same. I think he would be ok at that point.

Personally undecided on it

I could see the % making him slightly better but we have zim at the same mana speed that does that, gm at faster mana speed that hits with %+dot, azlar at slow that hits with %+dot, and elena at slow that hits with %, and anzogh at average that hits with %, red hood that hits with %, kong that hits with %, kestrel that hits with %, and I’m sure there are others…

think the passive DoT was actually a bit of variety(yea i know red had 3 5* that deal burn damage before his release, but they also deal direct damage so not exactly the same…)

Idk. The game does need some variety and he was already close to azlar and gm. Givin him % damage instead of DoT would make him more like more reds we already have instead of makin him a close relative to just 3(gm,azlar,natalya).

If i could change 1 thing about him, idk what it would be and would have to actually think on it a bit as when usin him i really don’t have any big complaints. He’s not exactly what i expected him to be nerfed down to, but he’s close enough.

1 Like

when this game first came out, azlar used to be a beast. those were the days.

I think the best way to get variety into the game is for a ton of slow and very slow event heroes and hotm to hit the market that are proportionately powerful compared to gm.

For me I think just making his burn damage uncleansable would go a long way and would make him better but not over the top.

You want to face uncleansible fast mana DoT to all your heroes?

You guys realize we already have vela that stacks with his dot and we have clarissa on the way at vfast mana that stacks with his dot and they’re all 3 different classes right?

So just to get this right:

We as the attackers, want be hit with 2 sets of initial damage, 3 sets of DoT, and make 1 of the sets of DoT uncleansible, Correct?(not even thinkin about who 2 other heroes would be which could very well be a drake or usena tank on top of these effects…)

3 Likes

dots should be curable. otherwise they are just normal damage.

3 Likes

Good point :joy: 20 blah blah

1 Like

Any change made to him will be pretty tough which is probly why he is the way he is

Personally think an average mana 5* elemental d dropper would have been the way to go but would have went against this green tank trend sg is pushin for(I’ve wished for a red dispeller a few times as well since it’s literally the only color now that doesnt have 1)

2 Likes

It’s just that that is all the damage he is doing can be cleansed before any actual damage occurs. It is variety I agree, and am trying to get outside the whole initial hit thinking.

1 Like