Buff Jean-Francois (Feb 2020 Hotm)

Dear Devs,

Thank you for the great work, please add initial damage to JF’s Special. It doesn’t have to be much just 150% or even 130% would suffice.

5 Likes

I dont think this is a fair assessment of the hero or of beta testers…

2 Likes

What would you recommend as a Buff then ?

Unless a hero is 100% broken (dramatically too strong…and before the cries start telly, guin, ursena, finley, and the s3 heroes are not too strong), I don’t think any hero should be buffed or nerfed once released.

It is ok that there is a spectrum of heroes going from bad to great. it is ok that some 4* are better than 5*.

Just because your precious new hero doesn’t live up to your expectation or changes the world for you, doesn’t mean they are bad or should be changed. And just because you didn’t get the shiny new toy that you think will rocket you to the top and totally change your ability to win or progress dons’t mean that everyone else has to suffer.

these threads are nothing more than baseless complaining.

figure out how to make them work with your roster, hold them for HA, eat them, or keep them as reminders of your inability to work out a proper strategy for the heroes you pulled.

Note: I have allllll the bad heroes and a few of the great ones and i find zero reason to come on here and whine about them. i play the hand I am delt.

6 Likes

This is false and at this point a tired platitude. the horse is dead. leave it alone.

3 Likes

I wouldnt propose a buff, (i do not have Gravemaker either b4 that is brought up) but I would like to reference this below as I think it is the best outlook on heroes that seem “weak”

all of this is to say that each hero has their place and in a 1-1 a hero may not seem great but in the right combination most can be devastating.

2 Likes

Yeah agreed, JF still has some usefulness. I have him @3.70 and use him once in a while (not really often) but still not convinced that he’s worth the rings in present form.

2 Likes

I agree that in the present form JF is very useless, both in attack and in defense. I do not agree with people saying “you have to accept bad heroes”. What kind of reasoning is this? If once in a while (in my case only 2 Hotm after about 1000 pulls in 18 months) one manages to pull a hotm despite its low probability, it should be at least comparable to the other Hotms. Compare JF with Telluria or Vela or Clarissa and you see that probably I pulled the worst hotm of the last months…

4 Likes

I disagree that he is useless, but that isnt the point.

Why should all HOTM be comparable? there should be good and bad and everything in between.

Also, I don’t buy this for one second. 1 hotm in 1000 pulls is very much mathematically possible, but way outside the norm. way way way outside.

3 Likes

Edited: 2 Hotms. You can trust me or not, but still this is it. For what is worth, in my alliance one of the members has not pulled any Hotm in 2 years and a half of game.

1 Like

I have been playing since sep 2017 and have done more pulls than could be counted (as a budget player) and only have 2 hotm.

This forum is extremely misleading and leads one to believe that hotm are common and everybody has all of them when in fact they are extremely rare and difficult to get. I am over 60 pulls into this month without telluria.

Every hotm should at least have a real use case. I suspect JF is ok on offense, but on defense, he is pretty weak.

That said, I agree with your broader point that not all hotm need to be created equally. it’s ok that some are better than others.

I find him useable as is so i don’t think it’s necessary

But i wouldn’t complain if they found the happy medium jf that was requested and somewhat expected in the other thread

So really pretty neutral either way. I’ll continue to use him buff or not :man_shrugging:

No gm here either to all the readers out there…i haven’t read up enough to see if anyone has started the “they’re just protecting their gravemakers!!!:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:” rants yet but if they haven’t happened yet, I’m sure they’ll come soon enough

3 Likes

Can you give us a clue?
Is she a cat?

1 Like

they’re really difficult to get. if you are free to play and literally dont spend anything, no vip, no impulse buys, nothing. you’re not doing more than 20 summons, where hotm could be summoned, a month. maybe not even the mythical 15. certainly doing a 10 summon is not going to happen unless you save gems for months

1 Like

Really varies player to player

I’m squattin on 3 or more tellurias and only did 1 cash pull this month :man_shrugging:

I personally do typically have somewhat good luck with hotm except for the ones i really want and try for the most(gm, zeline, ares… gm was $1k by himself with still no luck in getting him, meanwhile in another month i snagged athena from atlantis with free coins, random does what random does)

But yea i definitely run into players, even regular spenders that have bad streaks of very few to no hotms

Should also add that even if jean was buffed, he wouldn’t replace marjana in my defense

2 Likes

it doesnt very, not much.

these are the numbers:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

If you’re doing a ton of pulls in prior months, your math is totally different from a f2p player. 10-20 total pulls a month with an opportunity at an hotm means that (generously assuming 20 pulls a month on average) after 2.5 years you’re at only 300 pulls. That isnt enough to gaurantee an hotm, far from it.

paying users do SO many pulls that the math gets all muddied up and it appears like hotm are common from free pulls. they aren’t. you are simply stacking free pulls on top of your paid pulls. that 1k toward gm juices your numbers for all pulls because you’re moving those numerators and denominators

1 Like

And you think increasing those odds for pay players and making every hotm stronger than the last is a good idea?

I actually dont think hotm should be or need to be stronger.

I also dont think JF is a priority of hotm to be rebalanced.

I do think on defense, JF is arguably one of the weakest 5* in the game, which is bizarre given he was clearly intended to be a defense team hero based on his skill.

I would prefer, if something were changed, that hero academy was released today and that I could get 5* hero costumes asap. :smiley:

these arent the right numbers. these are the numbers to pull a SPECIFIC hero. not a HOTM

1 Like

Actually not all that surprising

How many 5* DoT heroes do you see in defense that Don’t deal initial damage?

Actually how many heroes do we see period in defense that don’t deal direct damage And don’t heal?