Buff Jean-Francois (Feb 2020 Hotm)

Exactly right.
Look at Noor for example, possibly the weakest hotm ever. We had a poll there, with stunning 86% result asking for a buff.
Yet Noor keep getting ignored.
Buffing JF (solind all arround hotm) not going to happen. Tons of hotms which deserve buff before JF (thot-amun, zulag, zocc or even upcoming one).

1 Like

He doesn’t need buff. He is strong enough.I am not really sure if he doesnt need a nerf!

Noor
Margaret
Toth Amum
Neith
Zocc
Clarissa (she is totally meh compared to her red counterpart, GM)

I’m sticking to HOTMs, leaving out some controversial heroes like Ranvir, Grimble, Zocc or Bai Yeong, for whom I’ve seen praises as well as complaints, but that could very well use some buff.

If I included S1 regular heroes, list would grow up a lot.

JF is one of the best red flanks in the game, just behind Gravemaker.

1 Like

I don’t think GM is OP, but I don’t think SG could release a hero as powerful as GM again. If such a hero was introduced, this forum would likely buckle and then collapse underneath the weight of all those who would :rofl:

1 Like

What is Noor being ignored so hard?

Well, I think that SGG has tacitly admitted GM is OP by releasing Clarissa in her current form (they provided other hints, but it would be off topic to list them here), otherwise they would have released her with the exact same special.

But I used her example because she could use a buff more than JF.

His burn can be cleansed and his protection dispelled “easily”?

Yes! But that mean you need to bring a cleanser AND a dispeller to fight him, that’s 2 spots of a team.

If that’s not a good hero, I don’t know what it is.

2 Likes

Agreed, got my JF at +19 and have been happy with him thus far. Have not enjoyed facing him at tank on those rare occasions when he is. If I don’t get the blue tiles I need early in the match, he destroys my attack team and quick at that.

1 Like

Malosi and yo only need one spot

Malosi also hard counters Black Knight, does that mean BK needs a buff?

Having a counter =/= being weak.

1 Like

Oh, yes, but for that you need a Malosi.

And 6-7 yellow tiles BEFORE JF fires, once he fires Malosi does not work at all… wait!!! let’s buff Malosi too…!!!

Guys, not every HOTM has to be able to doom the rival team in one shot!

JF is absolutely solid, and once he fires he means trouble, he renders useless Panther, Frida, Evelyn, Isarnia, etc.

2 Likes

I was so happy when I saw that Jean fried well. I pulled it out. But its burning turned out to be much less than I wanted) But don`t upset, play further)

JF should be buffed to very fast. That would make him a good offensive hero.

1 Like

Totally overpowered.

If they make JF very fast, they’d have to seriously nerf/remove his burn.

1 Like

Buff JF whit 100% initial dmg so he had some more versatility.

1 Like

Poor Jean and zocc both had such great potential… 2021 I would like to see work on the one’s we don’t use there’s so many.

Please Buff Jean-Francois get him off the bench and make him more relevant in the game today

3 Likes

I don’t have the hero, but needed to remove some older votes to vote buffing heroes. Guess what? Implement boss wave counter from same year has 180 votes and this 200+, just saying

I added my vote as JF can do better than currently is the case. Longer turns in burn and bigger burn will make him more loved.

So this is another one that I think more suffers from the game meta rather than his skill set. What he does is still really good and useful from an attack team perspective neutering Morel &Frigg more than once for me and those are later released heroes than him.

Where he loses out is that DoT is far less of an issue now that there are so many ailment blockers and cleansers.

Perhaps a rework to add some damage up front, but I think only around 150-175% to 3 otherwise you may need to look at balancing it by removing some of his other buffs or reducing his burn.

Add the buff blockers and dispellers as well. It’s one of his greatest strengths and weaknesses: no direct damage. So that helps to hurt riposte heroes, but when you Malosi him, you can just feed him tiles with no consequence. Or you make his burn undispellable given the relatively low damage.